• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Buying a new rig tomorrow, 2 choices.

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
Ok u2k, you are starting to disgust me... You say you want to support retail stores, I say, why not give the retail stores the money you saved? instead of making 50$ of you, they'd make 100! Because obviously you prefer give $$ to the one who don't need it... What next donation your going to make is going to be to Warren Buffet or Bill Gates?

You say you don't want to put the rig together even though you know how to and all... I propose that I do it for you, save you money, and make a rig that lasts longer for you! You refuse anything of the sort with no reason...

You give us the reason that you are buying 2+ GPUs, we tell you a better solution.. what you don't listen...

WTH MAN????????

I really want to help you, but you make it nearly impossible! I knew you were somewhat like that, but I had faith in you that if I prove you wrong, that there is NOOO reason to buy pre-built that is branded, that you might change your mind... I defended you when everyone was against you...... So will you do us all a favor and save some of your money?

Sell whatever you have (except screen, dvd burner, keyboard, mouse) for 100$+ or something... you know that single core AMD rig you bought? I bet people would hesitate to buy it even if you priced it at 100$....

Then with the 500$ budget you originally had, plus the 100$, it makes a 600$ budget... with that, we can definitively make you a great rig... or else we can make one with 500$ and you'll be able to give 100$ to those multi-billion dollar companies you like so much

u2k's PM:
Thats the whole point in running a business. I can run any game right now um but crysis on this amd system and still get 20-30 frames with a pci card. Should be even better once i get a new pcie card. But prebuilt is good and i don't mind helping out retail stores which i have been doing since i was 10 years old.

And i also help people get jobs at retail stores, people who i know who have no money or anything really, but their lives. Buying a computer or building one, its no big deal, you guys are too focus on the material things in life haha, you need to focus your attention on more important things in this world. Not everyone strives for the best and greatest hardware and not everyone have to do what everyone else does. I damn sure don't. I am 27 years old and i am a very serious person, and i take my life very serious, thus my way of thinking is completely different than most folks and the way i lived my life is on a whole different level man hahaha.

Anyways, not trying to teach you anything here, but all i am saying, a computer is a computer and a video card is a video card, its not a big deal. And as i said before, everything that i wanted in a pc since i had my pentium III , i have now and lots more, so this computer to me is amazing.

Peace and you enjoy what you have and i will enjoy what have

Why don't you freaking give them your money instead of giving 99% to multi-billionaires and 1% to the people you want to help like wth? Don't you understand you can save over 100$?

You are saying "I don't mind my money being stolen my people richer than I can ever imagine, all I care about is the 1 cent out of 500$ I gave someone by buying from where they work!"

Do you even realize it or are you just ignorant and irrational?

___

Last edited:
System Name Dell Workstation t5810
Processor Xeon CPU's E5-2683 v4 Broadwell-E Technology
Motherboard Broadwell-E X99
Cooling Default fan System Level 3
Memory 48GB DDR4
Video Card(s) ASRock Vega 56 8GB
Storage 4 External SSD, 4 External HDD
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Case Dell Precision 7810 Case
Audio Device(s) RealTek High Definition
Power Supply 825 Watts PSU
Mouse Soundless Black Quiet Mouse
Keyboard Dell Black
Software Windows Pro 10 x64
You say you don't want to put the rig together even though you know how to and all

Yes i know how to put a rig together and take it apart. This emachine computer when i first bought it, i took everything apart and i put everything back. So if i want to order parts and build a rig, i am pretty sure i can do it. Its really 2+2, nothing is complex about it. I just don't want to do it lol.

System Name Homelabs
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Yes i know how to put a rig together and take it apart. This emachine computer when i first bought it, i took everything apart and i put everything back. So if i want to order parts and build a rig, i am pretty sure i can do it. Its really 2+2, nothing is complex about it. I just don't want to do it lol.

Why aren't you commenting about the rest huh? Even though your reasons are real bad not to build one yourself... especially that pre-builts are, IMO harder to dis-assemble or re-assemble...

You could save sooo much money by doing that and with that money, you can help others much better... did you know that?

System Name The Lizard v2.4
Processor Intel Celeron G1840 (for the time being
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81-S2PH
Cooling Intel Stock Fan
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX 750Ti (For the time being)
Storage 500GB Samsung F1, 160GB Maxtor "Older than god"
Display(s) AOC 28' LCD
Case Coolermaster N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec VP500P
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores No crashes in the last 24 minutes.
IMO he wants to feed the rich guys from OEM. IMO also thats very, very stupid

System Name Homelabs
IMO he wants to feed the rich guys from OEM. IMO also thats very, very stupid

Even if he wanted to, he could give them more money by giving them what $$ he saved instead

Memory 48GB DDR4
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Keyboard Dell Black
Why aren't you commenting about the rest huh?

I have my reasons, but i am not allowed to discuss it. But i will say this, it sounds like you have a problem with rich folks or certain computer manufacturers, you need to keep comments like that to yourself. Not all rich folks or multi millionaires or billionaires are the same way , and as someone who owns several businesses, you really have no idea how a company works. Retail stores, online stores, doesn't matter, [We] all are on the same path, to unite each other and to work together. Don't be against something that is good.

Take good care.

System Name Homelabs
I have my reasons, but i am not allowed to discuss it. But i will say this, it sounds like you have a problem with rich folks or certain computer manufacturers, you need to keep comments like that to yourself. Not all rich folks or multi millionaires or billionaires are the same way , and as someone who owns several businesses, you really have no idea how a company works. Retail stores, online stores, doesn't matter, [We] all are on the same path, to unite each other and to work together. Don't be against something that is good.

Take good care.

is he kidding me? So you prefer to give money to other businesses the people who actually need it?

You, sir, prefer to let someone die out of hunger and instead give it to rich people... I love your logic

I do not have a problem with rich people or computer manufacturers... I have a problem with you giving them your money and basically waste your money on them instead of doing something more intelligent with your money...

Darren

System Name Cheap yet powerful gaming and entertainment rig!
Processor AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 Windsor, 1 MB L2 Cache (512k L2 Per Core), 65W Energy efficient, 2GHz @ 2.78 Ghz
Motherboard Asrock ALiveNF7G-HD720p Rev v5.0
Cooling Freezer 64, 2x120mm, 1x92mm
Memory 8 GB DDRII PC6400 @ 929 MHz OCZ (2GBx4) timing: 5-5-5-5-16-2T
Video Card(s) XFX ATI4830
Storage Seagate 320 GB SATA (16 MB Cache)
Display(s) 19' HannsG (1440x900 @ 75hz)
Case Coolermaster Elite 330 Black Case
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian, Pioneer VSX-516 Receiver 7.1 with DD/DD EX/Prologic II/DTS/DTS-ES//DTS: Neo
Power Supply Cool Master eXtreme Power 460W PSU
Software Vista Ultimate X64 Corporate Edition
N-ster, let it go.

If he was a spam bot you wouldn't argue with his logic because he would be only a few lines of code.

I guess the spambots are more sophisticated these days, but they still output spam regardless of their complexity.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
The petty little argument will stop now before I have to do things I don't want to do. n-ster, you have made your point, because someone cannot or doesn't want to go along with you doesn't give you the right to keep going in circles over it. Leave the thread immediately. As for the rest of you this thread may as well be closed. When questions are asked by the original poster of the thread you can give an answer based upon the questions asked, it is called STAYING ON TOPIC.

Now I ask you kindly to all have a good looks at techPowerUp! rules and guidelines for a refresher on proper posting etiquette.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/announcement.php?f=14

Memory 48GB DDR4
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Keyboard Dell Black
The petty little argument will stop now before I have to do things I don't want to do. n-ster, you have made your point, because someone cannot or doesn't want to go along with you doesn't give you the right to keep going in circles over it. Leave the thread immediately. As for the rest of you this thread may as well be closed. When questions are asked by the original poster of the thread you can give an answer based upon the questions asked, it is called STAYING ON TOPIC.

Now I ask you kindly to all have a good looks at techPowerUp! rules and guidelines for a refresher on proper posting etiquette.

Erocker its not a big deal. I have this same problem on every computerforum i go too, guru3d they have kinda lighten up because they know i never listen to anyone, so why bother. But it was much much worse over at futuremark, trust me.

For years now, people seem to dislike shopping at retail stores. Whatever its because its expensive or something else, there is always a issue with it. If someone doesn't shop online, they have that right and choice.

Anyways, you can closed this thread if you want, i am going to continue to buy whatever i want and thats pretty much it. What i am going to do tho, is stop telling people what i bought on this forum and a few others.

peace

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Well then don't expect to get too much advice. You've proven many times over that you're going to do whatever your first thought was, rather than listen to what pretty much 100% of this forum tells you what is the best thing to do.

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
For years now, people seem to dislike shopping at retail stores. Whatever its because its expensive or something else, there is always a issue with it. If someone doesn't shop online, they have that right and choice.

Cost and variety are why online shopping has started to take over retail stores. Everything at your fingertips for a low price, what's not to like?

Anyways, you can closed this thread if you want, i am going to continue to buy whatever i want and thats pretty much it. What i am going to do tho, is stop telling people what i bought on this forum and a few others.

peace

Please, please do, there's enough of these threads now and like it or not it won't stop if you keep posting that. Unless it's high end or you are working off recommendations, don't bother it will just cause problems.

System Name Homelabs
Erocker its not a big deal. I have this same problem on every computerforum i go too, guru3d they have kinda lighten up because they know i never listen to anyone, so why bother. But it was much much worse over at futuremark, trust me.

For years now, people seem to dislike shopping at retail stores. Whatever its because its expensive or something else, there is always a issue with it. If someone doesn't to shop online, they have that right and choice.

peace

I am sorry if I offended you... it was not my intention... I just didn't understand your logic and I got carried away I am sorry, and I hope you will not stop posting stuff because of me... If I find a good pre-built comp that can be bought from a retail store in the 500$ budget that you told me, I will inform you... Will you consider Dell? does it have to be a quad-core? Most of the time, it is wiser to go with a good Dual-core and better GPU... I encourage you to make another thread, or to ask privately people's help...

I will not do this again I am sorry... Please forgive my brief irritated period

EDIT: I suggest we go against our usual thinking and help him the way he wants to be helped...

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Case Hyte Y60
EDIT: I suggest we go against our usual thinking and help him the way he wants to be helped...

Won't happen. Look at you yourself, you started in this thread by defending him and then began attacking him based off logical inconsistencies he insists on (I've been there too don't worry). No no the only way this can end is if U2K stops telling us about his rig, or asking us what he should get. He should know this by now as he's said other forums are the same way, but some are hard to teach.....

System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64
they have kinda lighten up because they know i never listen to anyone, so why bother. But it was much much worse over at futuremark, trust me.

Ok, quick question before this thread gets locked. I'm just curious as to why you ask for help if you aren't going to take it?
Seems kinda redundant, don't you think?

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Case Hyte Y60
Ok, quick question before this thread gets locked. I'm just curious as to why you ask for help if you aren't going to take it?
Seems kinda redundant, don't you think?

It is but so is asking that question, trust me when I say it's been done before. Logic has no home here, move on lest the madness take you. I once saw a specter muttering to themselves in the halls of TPU "two cards, they both suck, single core, says it's awesome, but I said, wait no, where am I, what time is it..." There is no answer that can sooth you, there is only darkness.......

System Name Homelabs
Won't happen. Look at you yourself, you started in this thread by defending him and then began attacking him based off logical inconsistencies he insists on (I've been there too don't worry). No no the only way this can end is if U2K stops telling us about his rig, or asking us what he should get. He should know this by now as he's said other forums are the same way, but some are hard to teach.....

I object to that thinking... We are at TPU... I will not ignore someone who does need help (whether he knows it or not)... I will try to find him what he wants with the criteria that he gives me... I will not aggravate myself if he does not choose what I offer him...

From now on, I suggest we stay on topic or not post... Mods have repetitively warned us about this

ON-TOPIC: I will ask you, u2k, about your monitor's max res...

Also, I will ask you what you use your computer for? is it only gaming, or would there be some programs you use that would truly benefit from a quad-core? I doubt that since you said yourself that until now, the PIII had satisfied you needs as well as the single-core AMD, so I highly suggest a dual-core

System Name HTPC||Lenovo IBM ThinkPad
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 965 stock 3.4GHz||Intel C2D T9300 @ 2.5GHz
Motherboard Zotac 890GX-ITX WiFi||Lenovo 8918CTO
Cooling Stock 3x 120's||Stock stuff
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 6-6-6-15||3GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Asus 3870x2||nVidia Quadro NVS 140M
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 1x 2TB WD EARX ||Hitachi 160GB 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung T260HD||
Case SilverStone Grandia GD05||
Audio Device(s) on-board||on-board
Power Supply Cooler Master 450W||6-cell
Software Windows 7 Pro x64||Windows 7 Pro x64/Linux Mint x64
It is but so is asking that question, trust me when I say it's been done before. Logic has no home here, move on lest the madness take you. I once saw a specter muttering to themselves "two cards, they both suck, single core, says it's awesome, but I said, wait no where am I, what time is it..." There is no answer that can sooth you, there is only darkness.......

True. I guess we know what to do now when he posts another thread asking for help...

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Case Hyte Y60
I object to that thinking... We are at TPU... I will not ignore someone who does need help (whether he knows it or not)... I will try to find him what he wants with the criteria that he gives me... I will not aggravate myself if he does not choose what I offer him...

From now on, I suggest we stay on topic or not post... Mods have repetitively warned us about this

ON-TOPIC: I will ask you, u2k, about your monitor's max res...

Also, I will ask you what you use your computer for? is it only gaming, or would there be some programs you use that would truly benefit from a quad-core? I doubt that since you said yourself that until now, the PIII had satisfied you needs as well as the single-core AMD, so I highly suggest a dual-core

Do a search of U2K's posts, read the rest of this thread. You cannot help him, he does not want your help, I cannot make this any clearer. Go if you must, I will not follow, the madness will take you.......

System Name Homelabs

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Case Hyte Y60
The petty little argument will stop now before I have to do things I don't want to do. n-ster, you have made your point, because someone cannot or doesn't want to go along with you doesn't give you the right to keep going in circles over it. Leave the thread immediately.

;)

Memory 48GB DDR4
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Keyboard Dell Black
I guess if we keep this peaceful, its fine by me and i will answer the questions but you should already know how i am.

Cost and variety are why online shopping has started to take over retail stores.
Really? I haven't notice. Retail stores are still strong tho and more are being created. Walmart is planning to open up about 160 stores nationwide. Which is good, because it will create more jobs. :) I think its pretty even up if you ask me, online stores and retail stores are both doing good. Online may be up a bit over retail stores, but its not a big deal. Retail stores aren't going to disappear.

Everything at your fingertips for a low price, what's not to like?
Well i have very little patience for " material things ". So i never like the idea of shopping online anyway, meaning i like driving to the store and buying whatever i need, only takes 10 mins tops. And plus i just don't like buying online, seems bored to me. Also, i don't use credit cards, or cards in general and i don't have a checking/banking account and i never will. I use money orders and i use cash.

I am sorry if I offended you

You haven't offended me haha, people have been talking sh** to me for years online, hasn't faze me one bit. You don't have to apologize, i am not bother by words.

If I find a good pre-built comp that can be bought from a retail store in the 500$ budget that you told me, I will inform you

Ok but see here is the problem. I already know what computer i am buying next. And i will not change my choice for anyone for any reason. I didn't ask anyone for help on my secondary rig, i just told you guys what i was buying. Remember that.

This is the computer i am buying next, it has everything i wanted in a gateway/Intel/secondary computer and no other computer has the stuff in that rig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjOf4n6Nr2M

Will you consider Dell?
Already had a dell, dell options/bios and overall setup is too confusing, so no.

Does it have to be a quad-core?
At the moment, no. But i am aiming for a Quad core, because its the only computer i found from gateway at the cheapest price, so Quad core, hey i am not complaining.

Most of the time, it is wiser to go with a good Dual-core and better GPU]
There is no dual core around by gateway at the moment. And what do you mean a better GPU? I plan to use the Gateway Quad core and turn it into a PCI gamer machine. I plan to use pci only in that machine with Windows XP Pro edition SP2.

I'm just curious as to why you ask for help if you aren't going to take it? Seems kinda redundant, don't you think?

If you read the first page of this thread, i never did ask for help on what system to buy in general, i said what is the better system to buy, meaning powerful wise.
I didn't buy the dual core which is more powerful because of the lame warranty and dirty used machine. So i bought the AMD brand new 2 year warranty system for 300.

ON-TOPIC: I will ask you, u2k, about your monitor's max res

On this computer its 1280x1024. And something you need to know, i only plan to game at 1280x1024 forever and i do not like LCD montiors. I only use CRT monitors.
The monitor i am using now i bought from a thift store for 15 dollars, amazing monitor IMO. :D

Also, I will ask you what you use your computer for? is it only gaming, or would there be some programs you use that would truly benefit from a quad-core?

I use my computer for firstly gaming, and apps, and websites, etc. Pretty much everything.
For the Quad core, same thing, only difference older games and games that do not work on vista.

I doubt that since you said yourself that until now, the PIII had satisfied you needs as well as the single-core AMD, so I highly suggest a dual-core

This AMD machine has been a dream, its super fast and gaming is wonderful and having USB 2.0 is great. Gaming will be better once i pick up some PCIE cards tho. But anyways, there is no dual core gateway around, so i will pick up the Quad core.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Didn't I post a warning about continuing this argument?

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
:(

even on tpu u see some1 make an AWFUL pc purchase

Memory 48GB DDR4
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Keyboard Dell Black
Didn't I post a warning about continuing this argument?

What argument?
Nobody is having a argument, he asked a few questions and i answer them. Nobody is fighting in the thread.