• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Buying new LCD. Which one to get.

Azfar

System Name Blue
Processor Core 2 Quad Q9400
Motherboard Asus P5Q3
Cooling Hyper 212+
Memory Corsair XMS 6GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD6870 1GB
Storage Seagate 1TB, WD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung P2250
Audio Device(s) On-Board
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
After a few days of rigorous brainstorming, going through spec sheets, reading and viewing views and reviews i have shrotlisted below LCDs for my upgrade. I curently have a more than two years old BenQ 17" LCD. Keep in mind that options here in Local market are limited unlike Europe or states. Anyway, it has come down to these two or me,

Samsung 2333HD [23", built in TV tuner, 5ms, 16.7m colors, cheaper, but DCR is low @ 10000:1 !!]

or

Viewsonic VX2439WM [24", 2ms, High DCR, expensive]

looks wise, both are killers. Viewsonic seems to have and edge here. but Samsung gives amazing value for money. cant makeup my mind .

given a choice between these two..which one would you guys buy :confused: ?

System Name ASUS ROG Zephrus M15
Processor AMD Rhyzen 7 4800HS
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) Geforce RTX 2060
Storage 1TB
sadly i would have to choose the viewsonic on this one ... I am a samsung guy but the viewsonic is better.

the DCR is not a big deal so dont worry about that. the low response time is the major thing for gaming to help control ghosting.

sadly i would have to choose the viewsonic on this one ... I am a samsung guy but the viewsonic is better.

the DCR is not a big deal so dont worry about that. the low response time is the major thing for gaming to help control ghosting.

+1

The ViewSonic is the better choice out of the two here, and as for the DCR not being a big deal is correct...

If a display looks good with the type of content you plan to use on it, has the connections you want, is the right size and price, then by all means get it. Don't get it, however, just because of some spec that means jack when you're actually using the display (or has not been implemented well enough for the glitches not to distract, as is the case with LED-based DCR).

Source - CNET