• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Buying & Selling MMo accounts

System Name Good enough
Processor I5 3570k
Motherboard ASrock Z68 Extreme 7
Cooling Megahalem
Memory 16G crucial sport BLS2KIT8G3D1339DS1S00
Video Card(s) 1080 ti strix
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III
Display(s) 3440 x 1440 microboard
Case Lian Li Knockoff ABS black pearl
Audio Device(s) HyperX 7.1
Power Supply Evga SuperNOVA 1600.
Mouse Corsair's newest pos mmo mouse
Keyboard Das with the blue switches.
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores Not really.
TLDR Warning... ctrl f "meat" twice to get to the subject matter

I'm posting here on a long standing account. I do realize this post may cause some controversy but it's for the point of conversation.

I've been playing mmo's since Ultima Online 1st year. UO taught me the tricks of buying and selling desirable items. Easy, buy low sell high. Pay attention to the trends of valuable items.

I've been in several mmo's since, my love for money/gold/credits etc was replaced with a love for pvp. Problem is I'm aging as we all do and I don't have the time I used to and mmo's are trading time for profit to gain profit. Problem is I don't have enough time.

So long story short, after a year of trying to get enough competitive gear, for the first time I purchased someone elses account. Buying and selling of virtual items in an mmo isn't new to me. I used to buy ultima accounts, strip the possessions on the account, sell the houses and then ebay the accounts. This is the first time I've actually paid for someone else's intellectual property.

I felt guilty. I've never sold a personal account of my own. This was the first purchase of this type. Most mmo's don't consider time invested someones personal property they would claim it's their property. My interpretation is it was someone elses property, intellectually owned by their company. The time invested by the other owner was substantial personal property.

Moving on... The cost for this persons next level of pvp gear would be no doubt substantial. I'm sure this guy just figured enough is enough, "I'm not spending more of my time"

Regardless, I was close to doing the same. The time sink felt like it was too much. I've had the pleasure of being a top ranked pvper, there's nothing like it. That said stepping into someone elses shoes still feels wrong and I decided I didn't wanna be that other guys toon.

Meat...
When I decided to buy an account I got an offer on the current account I owned. I was hoping to upgrade when I went to buy the better account. $179.00 us cash was offered on my lesser account. I never sold my lesser account.

When I went to sell the better account back to the MMo account seller I asked what they'd give. The offer was $178. Ok, I know it's like a pawn shop, they gotta make money. But They offered me less on the better account I bought than the lesser (my account) I offered to sell originally.

When I say better, I mean significantly better. The bought account had at least 8x as much time invested. When I asked why there was such a small difference they said they based the account based on "pvp points" & character level.

PVP points = *points earned and ready to spend for pvp items* These points can be obtained from pve but are only available for pvp gear purchases. They can't be traded and can't be sold. They're character specific.

So this company completely disregarded anything that was purchased with "pvp points" currently owned.

So my thought was

"What in the world is this company who does this for a living thinking?"

They didn't take into consideration items that cost pvp points owned by a character via gear, only pvp points available to spend. So if this person never spent the points on gear and just accumulated it, the account is somehow worth exponentially more than one where the player wasn't simply just saving points. This is not to mention other items in game which can be bought by in game currency that they completely ignored.

This got me thinking, if this company who is a top player in the mmo account trading & selling business can be so ignorant, maybe I ought to jump into the game of selling accounts.. I'm not giving names but I did my research on the company and it's very well rated company considering the type of business they conduct. I'm going to be unemployed 1st quarter of 2011 due to health care reform putting my company out of business. Is it time to move to mexico and open up shop?

I know, Trading is against most eula's. I know this is a tech forum mostly but I thought I'd throw this out for conversation. If a mod finds the topic to be too controversial, lock or delete.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Well, you have to think that selling MMO account in the first place goes against most EULA's as you stated. Of course, account sellers most likely aren't going to be "legit" either, regardless of how popular they are. You could always try going the Craigslist route which will take longer to sell, but you a much better chance of getting better money.

*I don't mind the topic as long as nothing illegal is discussed, links relating to the topic shouldn't be posted either. Keep things civil please, thanks.

Last edited:
System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
I've never sold to strangers or through websites, imo its impossible to be compensated fairly for the amount of money and time you've spent on an account. The best way to get rid of an account is to sell it for what you think is a decent but not ridiculous price to someone you know personally or through the game.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Forum Stalin stalk incoming :...

Wouldn't this be better in the site's General Nonsense brother forum?; since by the author's own words, it's for the purpose of controversy/discussion, and not necessarily gaming support or news.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Motherboard Asrock Z790 Nova
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5-6400 @ 6600
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra FTW3
Storage 4TB WD 850x NVME, 4TB WD Black, 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
Display(s) 1x Samsung Odyssey G7 Neo and 1x Dell u2518d
Case Lian Li o11 DXL w/custom vented front panel
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502x
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 x64 Pro
Benchmark Scores 31k multicore Cinebench - CPU limited 125w
It's easy to get ripped off if you are not dealing in CASH.

Paypal will reverse funds without question, credit card processing can overly easily be reversed and a lot of people are hesitant to send money orders these days to people they don't know or small businesses.

That being said I made thousands selling items and accounts in UO.

Also IMO it's a bad job, I did it because I played a lot on various servers with large guilds that would do a lot of spawns and such so I had a lot of money, "easyuo" was working and around so I scripted a lot of it on numerous computers 10-12 hours a day and just sat there and watched it. Also against the rules, but being I was there to respond to a GM I never got an account banned.

There were a few companies that got busted for child labor laws and tax evasion doing this, so something else to kinda watch out for if you try to actually make some money off of it.

Lastly in some countries I can't remember I found a small list of laws previously but selling such things are illegal. In the USA if someone buys it from you and then reverses the payment there is nothing you can even do in a court room because it's virtual property that doesn't legally belong to you in the first place, again read the EULA it's their property.

*Insert it's "technically" illegal in the USA to sell these things as well because you are selling property that doesn't belong to you *fraud*, although I cannot recall a case ever being made of and and highly doubt there ever would be*

So all in all, make some side cash for playing a game you already play, I say go ahead just don't expect every transaction to go over well.

WARNING- Playing games to make money off of them can really ruin the game play for you and make you hate the game.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
I really don't get why it isn't allowed. Well I do, but after putting in a lot of time and deciding you are done, you should be allowed to sell. I personally would never buy one, I will only enjoy characters that I have made. I actually just transfered my character on WoW, I could have easily remade him on the new server as he wasn't max level, but I originally made him in Jan 05, we have history, got a lot of good memories, and some new stand in wouldn't do.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 -> DBX DriveRack PA+ -> Mackie MR8 and MR10 / Senn PX38X -> SB AE-5 Plus
Mouse Logitech G502x
I really don't get why it isn't allowed.

I would venture so the company can keep control and so they don't have to deal with CS issues when people get ripped off, that costs them money and causes a headache for them so if they say it's against the rules and people break them they can say too bad and hang up.

Sometimes keeping things simple is well worth it. :toast:

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
The reason that it isn't allowed is that when you purchase a game, you are purchasing the right to play it. Nothing more.
By selling virtual items you are making a profit from someone else's IP without an agreement from them to do so.
It's the same as creating something based on another well selling item and profiting from it without the trademark or copyright holders consent. Like making your own audio mix of a popular artist and selling the CDs.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
The reason that it isn't allowed is that when you purchase a game, you are purchasing the right to play it. Nothing more.
By selling virtual items you are making a profit from someone else's IP without an agreement from them to do so.
It's the same as creating something based on another well selling item and profiting from it without the trademark or copyright holders consent. Like making your own audio mix of a popular artist and selling the CDs.

Thats not really the same. People remix music all the time, some ask for consent, others change it or cut it up and sell it for profit legally. And whats illegal is not changing it enough, but this your selling something they made, you invested a lot of time into, and whoever buys it still has to pay the creators a monthly subscription fee.

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Mouse Logitech G502x
Thats not really the same. People remix music all the time, some ask for consent, others change it or cut it up and sell it for profit legally. And whats illegal is not changing it enough, but this your selling something they made, you invested a lot of time into, and whoever buys it still has to pay the creators a monthly subscription fee.

I am a DJ and a Producer.

I can remix all I want, I can play what I own, in a club or at a party.

I cannot however sell it without specific written permission, that goes for remixes as well, you need to get permission from the recording company who holds the rights in order to do so. Trust me people get sued over this often. Also that means if I make a mix and burn it *you can only burn a complete mixed single track mix as a demo and legally you also have to list the artists and tracks used and you cannot even so much as charge a penny for your time to burn the disc, this is a work around for DJ's especially for podcasters...

Warning, these laws are also being looked over currently which will make podcasts something you will have to pay for most likely.

System Name Good enough
Processor I5 3570k
Cooling Megahalem
Software win 10
Ok, I went on a rant. I did want to see what a discussioin about peoples impressions about buying and selling mmo accounts would result in but what sparked the post was..

The professional account buyers offered money based on the pvp points they saw, not the pvp points spent on gear. I figure the gear on the bought account was about 4.2 million pvp points. They made an offer on 55k pvp points.

This professional account trading company made a ridiculous offer, I probably bought the account tooo cheap.

Regardless, part of my reason for the post was to admit guilt. The problem is that logically I know I paid real money for something someone else got real money for. I paid over 4x the offer from a company who obviously doesn't know squat about what they're selling.

Part of the post was hoping to get feedback on the general subject, the majority reason for the post at the time I posted was to get a response to the ridiculous offer this accredited company made on the offer.

In the back of my mind, knowing I'm going to be unemployed soon I did consider this business as income but logically it will not happen. Still I was hoping to stir the kettle and one person mentioned there may be a more appropriate forum. I kinda agree, mmo gamers are definitely not this forums majority. If a mod choses to move this, I definitely won't be offended. Otherwise, more feedback is great. :)

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I've sold MMO accounts before on ebay. I've sold two of my three guild wars accounts. Its a good way to get some sort of compensation for all the time spent and in some cases monthly fees.

Mind you I haven't sold an account since maybe 5 years ago or so. I just don't have the time to invest in MMO games like I did.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
I am a DJ and a Producer.

I can remix all I want, I can play what I own, in a club or at a party.

I cannot however sell it without specific written permission, that goes for remixes as well, you need to get permission from the recording company who holds the rights in order to do so. Trust me people get sued over this often. Also that means if I make a mix and burn it *you can only burn a complete mixed single track mix as a demo and legally you also have to list the artists and tracks used and you cannot even so much as charge a penny for your time to burn the disc, this is a work around for DJ's especially for podcasters...

Warning, these laws are also being looked over currently which will make podcasts something you will have to pay for most likely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPdVVOmbz4

Thats really all that has to be said. Chopped up bit of songs, mixed together in a string of other chopped parts from other songs and parts of their own to fill gaps. I don't know a ton about making music, or playing it, but I assume by remix you mean just take a song and make it sound different, but I don't think it's the same to cut out bits and change them. With art, which I do know, you can take something and use it, as long as you change it 50% or more. So it will be considered yours, but you didn't originally make it. Like that famous Obama painting, that guy "stole" that image, and made that, then got sued as they said it wasn't changed more than 50%, I'm not sure what the final outcome was, but I'm betting music is the exact same, and cutting a part out and putting it in a song of your own is a large change.

So I still hold my stand point on, it's a completely different thing there than selling an MMO account of which you took the time to make, and which someone else will still have to pay monetary value for to play. You aren't selling items, your selling your time invested, which is a lot if it's worth anything, heck I been playing my WoW account for 6 years and I could maybe get $300 for it, hell, I wouldn't even think about accepting that for it as thats a slap in the face and it's worth much more than that to me. People selling accounts are taking a massive cut for their time invested, but should be allowed to do so.

System Name PC-Chips
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Cooling ID Cooling SE_225-XT Black with noctua fans
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB TWIN EDGE OC
Storage 2X Samsung 860 EVO SSD's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - 4 x Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
People only buy accounts because they are lazy and the reason its agaist the rules on most MMO's is because buying accounts gives people an unfair advantage, It also upsets a lot of ingame things.

Sorry but if i catch people on world of warcraft buying or selling accounts they will be reported.

System Name Suck it
Processor i7 860 @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE 2
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator @ 1600
Video Card(s) X2 Supercharged 570's
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Display(s) ASUS MT276HE 27"
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra X4 1050W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
I really don't get why it isn't allowed. Well I do, but after putting in a lot of time and deciding you are done, you should be allowed to sell.

Because while you pay for a subscription, to play on the account...it isn’t actually yours to sell it’s the property of EA, Mythic, NC, Activistion/Blizzard Etc…

That’s what it says basically in nearly every TOS

I’ve sold 2 accts (won’t name em) to a Chinese company who paid me via paypal within 30 minutes. I bring that up because I know one was banned lol (not when i sold it but when they logged in once and then tried to log in again).

Paintface

Processor E5200 @ 3.7ghz
Motherboard DFI LanParty DK P35 DARK
Cooling Zalman CPU + case cooling
Memory OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 4GB 1066
Video Card(s) Saphire 4890 Vapor-X OCed
Storage Raptor 74GB + 640GB sata + 1TB sata ( all WD)
Display(s) BENQ 24inch LCD 1080p
Case my desk
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply OCZ gameXstream 700w
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
i used to sell accounts also on ebay, but since thats not allowed anymore i dont trust any forum/site anymore.
Too much scamming going around...

System Name ASUS ROG Zephrus M15
Processor AMD Rhyzen 7 4800HS
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) Geforce RTX 2060
Storage 1TB
I sold my warhammer account for like $300 on an online MMO account selling site ...

I dont see why we cant and after spending so much time playing a game I will take money for it if I can get it.

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
People only buy accounts because they are lazy and the reason its agaist the rules on most MMO's is because buying accounts gives people an unfair advantage, It also upsets a lot of ingame things.

Sorry but if i catch people on world of warcraft buying or selling accounts they will be reported.

that doesn't even make any sense. if someone else got them legitimately who cares who uses it? you don't know who is behind the keyboard.

i think it's kind of petty and childish to "report" someone for that.

what about when a software developer releases a dlc that unlocks the in-game content for anyone who buys it?

System Name Back to Blue
Processor i9 14900k
Mouse Logitech G502x
People selling accounts are taking a massive cut for their time invested, but should be allowed to do so.

I couldn't agree with you more honestly... I am just sharing what the laws actually say.

EA actually created a system to sell your account through them for a small fee for Ultima Online at least. You have to arrange the sale but you can do the transfer through them, basically to make sure the person selling it can't just steal it back.

System Name Good enough
Processor I5 3570k
Cooling Megahalem
Software win 10
I couldn't agree with you more honestly... I am just sharing what the laws actually say.

EA actually created a system to sell your account through them for a small fee for Ultima Online at least. You have to arrange the sale but you can do the transfer through them, basically to make sure the person selling it can't just steal it back.

I remember that, was a nice option. I believe they got a cut of the change for the service too.

When I used to buy and sell UO accounts it wasn't illegal if memory serves me correctly. I think towards the end it was but UO let a 3rd party program become legal. "uoassist"

I think ebay finally got tired of dealing with problems with mmo transactions so they stopped allowing the sale of them.

I remember in SWG people bypassing ebays rules for Star wars accounts buy advertising the sale of the disc that just happens to come with some high level character as a freebie. I believe ebay found a way to squelch that problem too.

To the poster who said he'd report bought accounts, I understand his feelings. Someone got something they didn't spend their time on when he did. It's why buying money/gold in the games is illegal because people are getting something they didn't earn through normal game. It raises the cost of goods and affects those who are earning the money legitimately.

In my situation, I was ready to quit due to not being able to get gear. The account owner was ready to quit, so from a money standpoint the mmo wins buy losing one account and retaining another. It's why they don't restrict credit card info to the original owner because lets face it... If they wanted to stop account trading, not allowing credit cards other than the original owners name would accomplish this.

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
To the poster who said he'd report bought accounts, I understand his feelings. Someone got something they didn't spend their time on when he did. It's why buying money/gold in the games is illegal because people are getting something they didn't earn through normal game. It raises the cost of goods and affects those who are earning the money legitimately.

if it were a hack or exploit i'd agree - but when someone has to do the legwork either way i simply can't see the sense in it.

as long as scripting/hacking/etc wasn't used in getting the cash or the character where it is, what's the issue?

I would tell him look at it this way: for just some work and time you can get something somebody else paid a lot of money for... there ya go, always a silver lining...

Memory 16GB
Storage 1TB
if it were a hack or exploit i'd agree - but when someone has to do the legwork either way i simply can't see the sense in it.

As long as scripting/hacking/etc wasn't used in getting the cash or the character where it is, what's the issue?

I would tell him look at it this way: For just some work and time you can get something somebody else paid a lot of money for... There ya go, always a silver lining...

+1

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I completely disagree that people who buy accounts are lazy.
There are many people who play these games for enjoyment, but work long hours and know they will never be able to attain the highest levels so they can enjoy the high level content.
They have the money, they don't have the time. It's their money to spend on any kind of entertainment they choose.

I have no problem with real dollar sales of MMO accounts or items, but I do understand many of the reasons why almost all MMO companies try to prevent it. It places them in gray area under the law that could make them liable for all kinds of nonsense.

That being said, who wants to buy my World of Starcraft account for a million dollars? :laugh:

System Name PC-Chips
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Cooling ID Cooling SE_225-XT Black with noctua fans
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB TWIN EDGE OC
Storage 2X Samsung 860 EVO SSD's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - 4 x Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
The Laws in some areas around the world don't allow some players to gain benifits from some things the games offer and this is also why its illegal to buy sell or trade accounts. This is why i said ill report people in wow at least.

The rules are there to stop theft or people being ripped of to.

I know what its like wanting something to, you think the thought of buying gold hasen't crossed my mind? But did i buy it in the end? Nope because i stick to rules.

Last edited:
Memory 16GB
Storage 1TB
The Laws in some areas around the world don't allow some players to gain benifits from some things the games offer and this is also why its illegal to buy sell or trade accounts. This is why i said ill report people in wow at least.

The rules are there to stop theft or people being ripped of to.

I know what its like wanting something to, you think the thought of buying gold hasen't crossed my mind? But did i buy it in the end? Nope because i stick to rules.

so if you find $10 floating around on the street you will take it straight to the police station and report it? :wtf: