• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bye Bye Cremation Hello Liquefaction

System Name The Fouth Light
Processor i7-2600K @ 3.80GHz (1.35voltage)
Motherboard GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) 2x GTX460 @ Stock
Storage Cosair GTX Neutron 120GB + 2xWD Carviar Black 640GB RAID0
Display(s) Samsung S27B970D 27 Inch
Case Thermaltake Element V Full tower
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essense STX
Power Supply Corsair HX1000W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
I find the idea of turning me into a fertilizer quite disturbing and silly. What's the point of living for like 80 years and taking care of this body just to be turned into a fertilizer then fed to a tree which will be cut in a week or two.

I would rather be burred instead or launched into space in some kind of a anti-decomposing time capsule, that would be interesting, being resurrected by Aliens after billion of years of dying is more interesting for me. Even in burying you get to at least leave a part of you in life.

Anyway, I would probably donate my internal organs, skin and retinas the rest will be burred, I don't want to be turned into a medical school students playground.

I find the idea of turning me into a fertilizer quite disturbing and silly. What's the point of living for like 80 years and taking care of this body just to be turned into a fertilizer then fed to a tree which will be cut in a week or two.

I would rather be burred instead or launched into space in some kind of a anti-decomposing time capsule, that would be interesting, being resurrected by Aliens after billion of years of dying is more interesting for me. Even in burying you get to at least leave a part of you in life.

Anyway, I would probably donate my internal organs, skin and retinas the rest will be burred, I don't want to be turned into a medical school students playground.

What?

Resurrection because your DNA was in a capsule in space is, at best, unlikely. Radiation destroys DNA, so the only reasonable location for radiation being diminished is past the heliopause (my spelling may be off). We have no concrete evidence of what is out there, or even if the heliopause isn't the start of some significantly greater danger.

Assuming your DNA was undamaged, you would have to believe in either a soul or metaphysical consciousness to believe that a new creature made from your DNA would share anything, memory wise, with the original. If you're pragmatic enough to believe in resurrection, you are less than likely to believe that your meat shell has a soul linked to it.

Assuming no damage, a soul, and that you are actually worth resurresting to a future civiliation (Aliens/Species movie plots anyone?), you still have to be found. Space is vast, unpredictable by current technology, and functionally unexplored. Finding a needle in a haystack is hard (assuming you don't just burn the hay), but a haystack the size of the sun with a single needle would require multiple lifetimes to be found. Space is one heck of a big haystack, that dwarves even Sol.

Being pulped, comparatively, doesn't sound so bad. We're composed of that which came before us, and when we die a piece of us continues on forever in the world around us. Poetic, slightly creepy, but extremely satisfying to me.