1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Preview

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Sep 16, 2009.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    For all my Call of Duty junkies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source

2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    No one cares?!

<<< Mailman crys.

3. InTeL-iNsIdE Guest

Those have to be console screens the aliasing is awful :( I will be getting MW2 when it comes out no doubt though :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Rapidfire48

Thanks Received:
    I will also be getting this. From the videos on the net it looks to be a lot of fun.

5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not impressed to be honest. Same old same old.

6. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Should be awesome, i see they went with the same engine. Played and loved all the COD's.(hated COD 3/big red one tho)

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't expect to see a new engine until we have new consoles. They can barely handle this one. :laugh:

8. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    If they run Cryengine 3, this should be a breeze.

9. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    All you do is holding different guns (shapes) and shooting stuffs.
    We need something different....

10. Cheeseball

Thanks Received:
    Then don't play FPS games. :shadedshu

11. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I hope SP is a little longer this time around. I'm not really into MP at all.

12. joinmeindeath417

joinmeindeath417 New Member

Thanks Received:
    No not true, because the Cryengine 3 was built to work with the consoles, the IW engine is based of the call of duty 2 engine from the PC basically it is still the same exact engine with tweaks as it gets older just like any engine the older it is the more it gets tweaked to do better things.

Mailman is right, this is the best the game series is going to look on this generations consoles, i mean it looks good but it just looks like previous titles just polished alittle better.

No matter im excited because i am a fan of the Call Of Duty series.

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ok?, its still running on the platform, hence it being a ''new engine'' running on the current gen platforms. Im also not denying the fact that they have used the same engine with tweaks (look at the first post, i was a bit surprised to see how it still looks like MW1), then again you have tons of devs out there that have been building off the same engine for years now (and yet they still look great and run well on the Consoles). I personally believe that as long as the devs can really push there engines and make them sit comfortably on the current generation of systems, it'll be all good.

I can only agree with that, i mean i have not seen MW2 look much to any better then the first. So yes, it might just be the best of how this series will look on this gen. But when i heard ''Don't expect to see a new engine until we have new consoles'', i have to disagree, its really up to them trying to push it as far as they can and really try to work with the resources on these current gen systems.

Agreed.:toast:

14. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:

Well, but seriously, at some point you will start to think the same like me.

There are so many FPS out there that alike, I don't say COD4 is a bad game, but it's just there is nothing really different between the versions that really worth spending $50-60.

Same Engine. They use their game editor, create some maps, tweak some stuffs, and then they sell you for $60.

You know why? Because they want to keep the games running on the current consoles, and they have out-dated hardwares compare to PC.

I'm expecting every new title of the same series should be a huge lift ahead, like using different engine, that make it look noticeable different from the previous version.

The only re-play value of an FPS game is multi-player, but seriously, all the previous version have really good online play ALREADY!

Anyway, I'm not saying this will be bad, but it's just nothing really new, this game worth $40 max.

15. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Bad news for you, I believe they already confirmed another short 6hr SP.

I hope their VIP missions are as addictive as Nazi Zombies in WaW.

Crunching for Team TPU
  16. joinmeindeath417

Thanks Received:
    I have to disagree just cause hte eye candy isn't top notch, i have been playing Cod 4 since it came out until this day i play at least 3 to 4 times a week for a few hours, now if you ask me that was worth every bit of 60 dollars i spent on it. unlike l4d where i bought it beat it on hard with friends and barley even touch it now. You buy games like this for exactly that. The same game with more missions and more maps, but they key here is the multiplayer is so strong it's what keeps the game from collecting dust.

There are only a handful of games that have such a good single player that i have played through mutiple times for this generation.

Fallout 3, MGS4, Killzone 2, Batman AA, Little Big Planet,Street Fighter IV.

most games usually have a good single player and a weak multiplayer, but in the case of COD 4 you get a strong Single player (though Short) and a great multiplayer.

yea 60 dollars aint bad for that

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ya, they did confirm that this ones going to be short to. Pretty disappointing considering the SP is actually pretty good in MW1.

18. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    I want to freaking preorder this now!!

19. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Its gonna be awesome.:)

I just hope i can get it when it launches, people are going to be all over it the day it comes out.

20. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Bummer. Well, as long as the story line is as good as the first and it's no shorter, I wont complain too much. lol.

21. SirJangly

SirJangly New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't know which brought me more excitement...seeing those pictures, or that one time I had sex with a girl.

22. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    You just proved my points, COD4 is the first one in it series with this engine, so what I were saying don't apply to this game, beside, it's already so good, then what exactly do you pay for the COD MW2? ($60 for the same things with more maps and tweaks).

23. joinmeindeath417

Thanks Received:
    Call of duty 4 was a modified call of duty 2 engine my friend. that all it was and thats all this is. i was just saying that for Call of duty modern warfare 2, i'd gladly spend the 60 dollars even if it is just basically 4 with tweaks, cause 4 has kept me interested for almost 2 years.

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I could careless whether they went back to a modified version of the first COD. As long as the game is good i'll be happy.:)

25. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    I have a server pre-ordered. Its private but I will have one, if any TPU member would like to play.

tigger says thanks.