• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Camo Paint!

blackhawk2010

Hello everybody,
I was thinking to paint my whole PC, starting with my mouse and my keyboard.
What I have in mind is a Snow Camo.
Can someone explain me what I have to do?The steps,what spray paint type is better etc.?
I've painted my case interior in black....but is metal.I don't know how to work with plastic..
THX

Attachments

• Fabric_camo_ice_by_jaqx_textures.jpg
    Fabric_camo_ice_by_jaqx_textures.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 848
  • 250409095111OpticalMouseMI-2950R2.jpg
    250409095111OpticalMouseMI-2950R2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 463
  • Camo_10.jpg
    Camo_10.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 572
System Name Raptor
Processor Core i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z690 Tomahawk WiFi
Cooling ArcticFreezer 420
Memory Corsair VENGEANCE® 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz C36
Video Card(s) Palit GameRock 3080Ti OC
Storage M.2 Addlink S70 Lite , Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 1TB seagate
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG27AQL1A
Case LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) Realtek® ALC4080 Codec + Philips SHP9500
Power Supply Seasonic GX-1000
Mouse G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard ASUS CERBERUS
Software Windows 10
just an idea u can use paper with holes same to the dark color (which you cut through) put it on lets say any part of your PC and paint with spray (non-gloss color ) then move the paper a little bit to the left or right or rotate it and paint with different color.

blackhawk2010

First I want to paint my mouse and my keyboard.
It's plastic material...
I don't have to take of the old paint with a sandpaper?
The mouse paint is glossy.

System Name Raptor
Processor Core i7 13700K
Storage M.2 Addlink S70 Lite , Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 1TB seagate
Case LANCOOL III
Keyboard ASUS CERBERUS
Software Windows 10
First I want to paint my mouse and my keyboard.
It's plastic material...
I don't have to take of the old paint with a sandpaper?
The mouse paint is glossy.

I don't think you need take of the old paint .... and if you want military look then you should use non-gloss paint I think its called ( mat ).

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
It would be better to do it in ACU digital camo

blackhawk2010

I don't like that square shape type...
All I want to know what steps do I have to follow when I do the paint job.
How much time I should wait bettwen layers?Should I sand paper the glossy paint of?

System Name Raptor
Processor Core i7 13700K
Case LANCOOL III
Keyboard ASUS CERBERUS
Software Windows 10
I don't like that square shape type...
All I want to know what steps do I have to follow when I do the paint job.
How much time I should wait bettwen layers?Should I sand paper the glossy paint of?

cut through the paper whatever shape you want ....
then put the paper on your mouse then paint.... and how much you wait, it depend on the paint type approx 20min and you don't have to sand paper the old glossy paint just paint over it.

I think the digital camo will be nice for the case

T

TechnicalFreak

I used Humbrol and a primer last time I did the same. Sticks like glue, and to finish it off - transparent paint.

How to do it? Start by painting the entire mouse either white, gray or dark grey. After a couple of hours (depending on how fast it can dry), you start to mask small pieces of it (this is the easy way) and paint with the second paint. After that has dried, you mask other places, you need to cover both the other colors that was painted earlier.

At the end you will get a nice camo paint.

The other way, how I do it these days (on motorcycles etc), is that I spray paint from a distance in short bursts with an airbrush.

But for the case, I agree - digital camo is the latest.

Are you going to paint the inside of the case aswell?

Processor Intel Core i5 3570K
Motherboard MSI H61m-P31/w8
Cooling Stock
Memory 2*8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX HD7850
Case Coolermaster Elite 330
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD audio
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Software Windows 10
Guys, think this through he's talking about a mouse and keyboard, they're not going to be prepainted...
You'd be better off using acrylic paint as that's not going to eat through the plastic on the mouse/ keyboard, however if you've got a small piece of the material (even if it's just in a part of the mouse/ keyboard that you don't use) that you can test the spray paint on then give it a try (it can eat holes in certain plastics hence the caution).
Matte is going to be the finish you want for it to have a military look (gloss reflects light, shine is one of the things troops look for identifying enemy positions).
As for the case: Remove all components
If the case is painted anything other than white I'd suggest removing all the paint using ethanol or something similar to prevent the darker paint showing through, the alternative is to double layer the white paint.
Spray paint it white, then cover it in paper with holes cut out in the shapes that you want the next colour in.
Spray paint it in the next lightest colour, adjust paper to have shape arrangement that you want.
Spray paint in next lightest colour, continue as before.
Leave the drying time for the paint in between each stage.
Test the paint on a concealed section of your case before you paint the whole thing, leave for a couple of days to see if there are any ill effects.
If you use the incorrect paint and it eats holes in your case that is not my fault, these instructions will work provided you use the correct paint.

T

TechnicalFreak

I have thought this thru, and actually spray paint is not the best solution.. I do not know if you - blackhawk2010, is going to dissasemble the mouse/keyboard. However, it is more safer then to spray paint it. Otherwise, use "normal" paint with different brushes.

And listen to crazy pro, that is a good point. I have been doing mini scale military models for years, and even there if you use incorrect paint (if the paint has like aceton) it will "melt" the plastic. I mean melt, like make it soft etc...

blackhawk2010

THX for the answer.

So what you are saying is I better paint it with regular paint from a bucket and brushes?
I will take some pictures right now to show you what I want to paint.

Processor Intel Core i5 3570K
Motherboard MSI H61m-P31/w8
Cooling Stock
Memory 2*8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) XFX HD7850
Case Coolermaster Elite 330
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD audio
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Software Windows 10
Technical Freak's right, it would actually melt (as in get hot enough to melt, burnt myself on a model that'd done that).
Blackhawk, I suggest that you get several small bottles of acrylic paint, that will work fine for plastic as it is plastic itself (and so won't eat through it), for the keyboard I suggest that you take it apart and paint only visible surfaces.
For the case I'd go for spray paint still as it will give you a more even finish than brushes and acrylic.

blackhawk2010

This just blew my mind away:))
I've painted some keys on my keyboard a while ago, the spray paint was DUPLICOLOR.
I think it's safe.

blackhawk2010

The pictures:

Attachments

• DSC00423.jpg
    DSC00423.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 455
  • DSC00424.jpg
    DSC00424.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC00425.jpg
    DSC00425.jpg