1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can Anyone Recommend A Socket 775 Cooler For Core Duo?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Tatty_One, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi all, Well i have had so many probs lately with my system like a 7900GT frying 2 months ago followed by an Antec SmartPower 500W PSU blowing when only 3 months old and taking my Mobo with it I have had enuff and am going to buy a new system. I will be getting the Core2 Duo E6300 along with the Asus P5B mobo, a Gig or 2 of either 667 or 800 DDR2 and some other bits and bobs, my current system is goin in the trash!

Could anyone please recommend a reasonably priced (am gonna be on short rations for a while now!) thats easy to fit cooler for socket 775, dont much fancy having to take the board out and fix a backplate/mounting bracket. The PC will be more or less custom built. I just want a good "bang for buck" but effective cooler for around £20......$32 ish. I am of course looking to overclock but have not yet decided if I am gonna go to the limits or just take it easy on her (well at least for a while!)

grateful for any advice you can give
    Cheers

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. infrared

infrared Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My Arctic cooling: freezer 7 pro did an excelent job of keeping my prescott cool, and even a smithfield was kept pretty cool, so i think it'd do an incredible job of keeping a core 2 duo cool.

probably around your price range as well :)

And The Scythe Katana Cu got a very good review.

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Freezer 7 Pro. The Big Typhoon are CNPS 9500 are others too, but slightly more money.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    freezer 7 pro for me too.it will freeze that connie lol

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for that, I have a great Admiration for the Artic coolers having a freezer 64 pro on my current rig, the freezer 7 sounds good and I can actually get it in the UK for £15.22!!!! I spose thats about $25 US which sounds good to me!

Slightly changing topic, not knowing a lot about Intel especially Core Duo,s, what would be considered a decent (and realistic) overclock on the 6300, am I right in thinking the multiplier is x7 and a bit of a noobish question, what is the stock memory speed, as you can guess I am trying to work out with an overclcok if I will need 667Mhz or 800Mhz Ram!

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. cdawall

cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    the thermaltake jungle 512 cools well to it sometimes shuts the fan all the way off on my pentium d and those are prescott cores it loads to about 50C and it wont even turn the fan all the way up plus its only like $35-40

10 Year Member at TPU