1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can I ask for reviews?

Discussion in 'Programming & Webmastering' started by ClausS, Dec 7, 2016.

1. ClausS New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am working on a currency converter, that I would really like to get some feedback on, however I don't want to break the rules, therefore I ask in advance before posting it.

Am I allowed to ask for adjustment advice on this forum?

Currently it is only available online, however I wish to make it into an app for people to use. The thought is, that the app should update once a day and thereby allowing the user to get the most of it even though it is offline.

I look forward to reading your response.

2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sure, go ahead, as long as it's not a purely commercially motivated link you are posting.

AsRock, ClausS and dorsetknob say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. ClausS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright thanks! I really appreciate it! I am already working on adjusting the size to fit on an iPhone + and the white space between the numbers are being worked on as well. Here you can see the currency converter.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    GeoDragon says thanks.
  4. GeoDragon

Thanks Received:
    I compared it to the one on Google search using the US to JPN. As I played around with it converting $52 US to JPN Yen. Google shows JPN equivalent as 5927.56 and yours shows 5929.76.

I even showed it to some of the guys in the office who travel over seas a lot and they liked it.

rtwjunkie says thanks.
  5. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Enormous list of currency maybe needs alphabetised? Also flags for currency towards end of list are not left margin adjusted, at least when I checked.
    But looks good and straightforward.

6. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    Looks cool, there are some overflow issues when people enter stupidly large numbers however.

Adding overflow:auto to the classes top_results/bottom_results would alleviate it that or set min-height instead of just height so they can expand if needed. However then the element with id 'results-wrapper' would need the same treatment. Otherwise it wont expand when its child elements do.

Best to try to avoid designing layout with fixed heights/positions. Makes making things responsive more difficult, especially if you want to target multiple screen sizes.

7. damian246

damian246 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wouldn't mind if I could ask for the same privilege. I tried to open a new thread but I couldn't find it or its not possible.

8. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I like the look of it, is it possible to add the conversion rate, some people may enquire with different exchanges/shops for rates locally and many just tell you the rate, is it possible to also show the rate?

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. GeoDragon

Thanks Received:
    Still like the look, but did the us to jp currency converter and it still seems off. On your I did $525 USD and got 60599.26 Yen. Test through google currency converter and with $525 US I get 60562.95 Yen. Could this been something with the exchange rate changes?

10. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    On my iPhone, seems to work well enough smooth scrolling, responsive. Flags are left right middle, don't know if that's intentional or not I'll include a screenshot

[​IMG]

11. damian246

damian246 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like the review idea but cannot open a separate thread, and I certainly would not like to highjack this one.

12. 64K

Thanks Received:
    If you want to start a thread here click on "Programming and Webmastering" and look to the upper right for the button "Post New Thread".

If you are wanting to start a new thread in the "Reviews" section I think that can only be done by TPU Staff.

13. damian246

damian246 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wanted to open a new thread but I don't see any button of the "Post New Thread" kind.

Actually I just found one, thanks