• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can I say "WOW" to the MS Sidewinder Gaming!

{JNT}Raptor

System Name Ummmm...Mine
Processor I7 920 @ 4.2ghz @ 1.29v's load
Motherboard ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Cooling Custom 1/2 inch H20
Memory 3x2gb Patriot Sector 7 @2008Mhz 27-9-11-9 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 580 SC 900/1800/1090
Storage 1-Mushkin 60gb SSD 1-500GB WD Black and 2-1TB 32mb WD Black
Display(s) 25 inch Hanns-G 2ms
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) Turtle Beach Catalina
Power Supply Corsair AX850 Pro Series-Modular
Software All Kinds...and then some.
Benchmark Scores 3dMark 11 P7066 Compare Link- http://3dmark.com/3dm11/251153
If you don't know about grips, you're not a gamer. If you're not a gamer, don't buy a gaming mouse!

You presume alot don't you?

I'm a gamer....been a gamer for yr's....I use a trackball and do not know about grips. :slap:

On topic......I like the look of the MS mouse....but I'll stick to my Logitech 4-button trackball. :)

Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I got the new X8 Sidewinder. Bloody Love it! and I went from a Logitech G5. It's not massive at all, it's wider than the G5, but that's about it.

The thumb buttons are much nicer then the original sidewinder mice, and I must say, they're better positioned than any other mouse for ease of use.

The "Bluetrack" tracking technology is brilliant, but the software hampers it quite a bit. By default "Enhance Pointer Precision" is set to on, and this causes massive tracking problems such as skipping and the mouse acting like it's moving. Since I've turned it off I've had no problems.

The software does have good sides though, every single button (except the sidewinder button which launches games manager) is customizable, that includes the left and right mouse buttons, and the mouse has a macro button.

The battery life on this thing is epic. I got it last friday (27th March) charged it on the Sunday after heavy gaming (hadn't been charged since I bought it), and it's still going now (6th April) over a week later and I've been gaming quite a lot.

The only thing that disappointed me? The pictures all showed a blue glow from the back of the mouse, no such thing :(

Me thinks an LED mod is in need :)

System Name Mr. Reliable
Processor Ryzen R9 5950x
Motherboard MSI Meg X570s Ace Max
Cooling D5 Pump, Singularity Top/Res, 2x360mm EK P rads, EK Magnitude/Alphacool Blocks
Memory 32Gb (4x8Gb) Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600Mhz @ 16/19/20/36 1.35v
Video Card(s) MSI 3080ti with Alphacool Block
Storage 2 x Corsair Force MP400 1TB Nvme; 2 x T-Force Cardea Z340; 2 x Mushkin Reactor 1TB
Display(s) Acer 32" Z321QU 2560x1440; LG 34GP83A-B 34" 3440x1440
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL; Synology DS218j w/ 2 x 2TB WD Red
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Pro+
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850G3
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Das Keyboard 6; Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro
You presume alot don't you?

I'm a gamer....been a gamer for yr's....I use a trackball and do not know about grips. :slap:

On topic......I like the look of the MS mouse....but I'll stick to my Logitech 4-button trackball. :)

Hell yea!! :toast: My MS Trackball Optical rocks :rockout: Trackballs FTW :D

K

kyle2020

Children, please! :shadedshu

Still prefer the look of the G9 (currently own one) and it has pretty much all the same features . . . weights, on the fly DPI adjustment, etc etc.

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
I didnt like that mouse, i went with the Logitech G5, a much better mouse around the same price

no, the features of the sidewinder actually match that of the G9 mouse, and is pretty much exact in performance. G5 doesn't compare.
Beware that it has a weak scroll wheel click, mine broke, now I use a high dollar razor, although the M$ mouse actually performed better, Id rather have another.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
1. It's comfortable, something very important for me
2. The macro feature is a must for the games I play
3. The on the fly dpi switching is something I found handy
4. I found no real benefit going from 500Hz to 1000Hz polling rate so 500Hz suites me just fine.

It looks uncomfortable to me. I hate those side buttons sticking out.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
From what I know, the SideWinder is HUGE. Even for a person with large hands it might be a problem. The DA is great because of it's shape and looks, but there are plenty of other mice out there that are better in every other aspect.

Don't flatter yourself :p. If this mouse is to big for you it's because you don't have large hands. ;)

It looks uncomfortable to me. I hate those side buttons sticking out.
There is more to a mouse then it's looks. When using your mouse you are not staring at it, lol. Also, the shape of the mouse is comfortable for me. That's all that matters. I've tried other mice and they were either way to small, very uncomfortable, offered no tangible benefit, to light, didn't offer other features or a combination of the 5.

Last edited:

FelipeV

Processor Core2Duo E8500@4250Mhz 8,5x500
Motherboard ASUS P5Q-E
Cooling Thermal True X 120
Memory 8GB Gskill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ @ 1000Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor HD 4870X2
Storage 2x320GB R0 + 2x80GB
Display(s) AOC 212va 22"
Case Asys Freedom
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Vista Business 64/ W7 RC7100 64
I do not know about the Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse (I use a MS Trackball Optical 1.0 :p ), but I use the MS Sidewinder X6 Keyboard and it is amazing. Switchable Macro keys are AWESOME and the removable keypad is unique, though not very functional, besides to shorten the keyboard for transport to LANs. :)

http://img.techpowerup.org/090405/microsoft-sidewinder-x6486.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=102

I´ve got the entire set key + mouse, it looks good, I´m still having problems with the keyboard, I not used to flat keyboards, since 96 I was using MS Ergonomic Keyboard, the first one released, and still working, its yellow now and not white anymore :laugh: but my P5Q-E doesnt like PS2.

The mouse is great, Its very confortable, my fingers reach the buttons naturaly, not much contorcionism to do. I did like the pads and wight settings, I could find a good set for my mousepad, I dont use to much the macros or any other settings in the mouse, the first game that made me use th DPI switch was Wanted.

For the keyboard I´m using to open my folders and for fan profiles for my 4870X2 and now I removed the numpad, only using the keyboard.

Attachments

• IMG_4436.jpg
    IMG_4436.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 420

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
There is more to a mouse then it's looks. When using your mouse you are not staring at it, lol. Also, the shape of the mouse is comfortable for me. That's all that matters. I've tried other mice and they were either way to small, very uncomfortable, offered no tangible benefit, to light or a combination of the 5.

I didn't say it was uncomfortable. I just don't like the design of it. I can say that a big deciding factor in picking my mouse is its design. I don't think I will swap my mx revolution anytime soon because of its second scroll wheel which is a godsend when a crap song comes on and your gaming. That ms mouse was a contender for the spot of Pepper's mouse so was the logitech Gx series.

CyberDruid

System Name Shop Dog
Processor E8400
Motherboard Asus Blitz Formula SE
Cooling d-Tek FuZion
Memory 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 G Skill
Video Card(s) EVGA 7900 GTX
Storage 150GB VelociRaptor
Display(s) Acer 21.5 1080p LED Back Lit Monitor
Case Working on it
Audio Device(s) PCI SoundMax
Power Supply Silverstone 750 Modular
Software XP Pro SP2
Benchmark Scores Super Pi 11.56s 1M at 4050mhz
Took me a long time to leave off using my Logitech Trackball...and I still find that much faster for typical tasking. But I'm not sure what I think of that mouse...I might have to snab one and give it a run.

I was pleasantly surprised by my Copperhead although it is really small. It pretty much converted me over from the Trackball. But unlike the Trackball only lasted about 8 months. I had a back up mouse (DeathAdder) for my lappy that I now use but I don't like it...I've gotten used to it...but something about it aggravates my wrist after a while.

Style is the reason I tried the Copperhead...and it matched my Saitek Eclipse II. But I grew to like those sidebuttons. Functionality is what I am after since 90% of the time I'm not gaming...but I want the precision, adjustability and extra switches:D

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
some of these mice come with too many features and it compromises the quality like the weight system, why do they design a weight system (that is useless anyways) in the back of the mouse? every mouse should be heavy regardless of what hand style or sensitivity. how hard is it to place thumb buttons? how hard is it to design a scroll wheel that isn't flimsy and has enough tension. and drivers nothing pisses me off more than Razer drivers took them over a year to fix some tracking issues on the Lachesis or some other companies that add way too many features and the drivers become a bug fest. SteelSeries Ikari has great drivers very simple it's the only one to my knowledge that will actually allow you to input a custom dpi setting so if your running a resolution of 1680 you can input 1680 dpi unlike every other driver that only allows small increments or presets.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
I didn't say it was uncomfortable. I just don't like the design of it. I can say that a big deciding factor in picking my mouse is its design. I don't think I will swap my mx revolution anytime soon because of its second scroll wheel which is a godsend when a crap song comes on and your gaming. That ms mouse was a contender for the spot of Pepper's mouse so was the logitech Gx series.

For me, the design of a mouse has more value if it's functional more so then how it looks. If it's designed functionality (button placement, comfort, etc) warrants my attention then how it looks really doesn't matter to me. I've seen mice with a design that's sleek, curvy and for the most part sets itself different from the rest. But they were not comfortable for me, it was difficult to use and didn't fit what I was looking for.

So in the end, to each his/her own.

Took me a long time to leave off using my Logitech Trackball...and I still find that much faster for typical tasking. But I'm not sure what I think of that mouse...I might have to snab one and give it a run.

I was pleasantly surprised by my Copperhead although it is really small. It pretty much converted me over from the Trackball. But unlike the Trackball only lasted about 8 months. I had a back up mouse (DeathAdder) for my lappy that I now use but I don't like it...I've gotten used to it...but something about it aggravates my wrist after a while.

Style is the reason I tried the Copperhead...and it matched my Saitek Eclipse II. But I grew to like those sidebuttons. Functionality is what I am after since 90% of the time I'm not gaming...but I want the precision, adjustability and extra switches:D

Bingo...

When using a mouse for your applications and general desktop use the trackball is the most intuitive mouse I've ever used.

Last edited:

iandh

Xtreme Refugee
I wonder if it is better than the Lycosa in terms of quality.

I would say they are equal. The initial impression of quality is probably higher on the lycosa, but the sidewinder X6 is built like a tank and feels it.

The lycosa feels a little bit "flexy" but has tighter keys, whilst the sidewinder has a little bit looser keys but the body of the keyboard is built like a tank.

i've bought a intellimouse explorer 3.0 and i find the mouse is perfect for palm grippers and it has a nice design to it

intellimouse 3.0 goes down as one of the greats in my book... a perfect mouse for palm grippers. I only tried the Sidewinder because I accidentally tore the cord out of my im3.0 and had some gaming to do that weekend... it was the best thing I could find at my local BB but was pleasantly surprised.

From what I know, the SideWinder is HUGE. Even for a person with large hands it might be a problem. The DA is great because of it's shape and looks, but there are plenty of other mice out there that are better in every other aspect.

It definitely isn't a small mouse, but the ring finger cutout on the right side makes it comfy for palm and claw grippers alike. It just looks uncomfortable, but it actually is quite nice.

The DA is a top notch mouse but the non-asymettrical design doesn't lend itself well to many palm grippers.

Sidewinder has style and functionality :D

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
If you don't know about grips, you're not a gamer. If you're not a gamer, don't buy a gaming mouse

what!!! come on man you crnt say that!
thats like saying your not a drummer just because you dont no how they make drum shells round just coz the bloke dnt no what a claw grip is dnt make him no gamer

troyrae360

System Name My Computer!
Processor AMD 6400+ Black @ 3.5
Motherboard Gigabyte AM2+ GA-MA790X DS4
Cooling Gigabyte G-Power 2 pro
Memory 2x2 gig Adata 800
Video Card(s) HD3870x2 @ 900gpu and 999mem
Storage 2x wd raid edition 120gig + 1 samsung 320 + samsung 250
Display(s) Samsung 40inch series6 full HD 1080p
Case NZXT Lexa
Audio Device(s) ALC889A HD audio with Enables a Superior Audio Experience (on board)
Power Supply Vantec ION2+ 550w
Software Vista Home pream 64
no, the features of the sidewinder actually match that of the G9 mouse, and is pretty much exact in performance. G5 doesn't compare.
Beware that it has a weak scroll wheel click, mine broke, now I use a high dollar razor, although the M$ mouse actually performed better, Id rather have another.

sorry, your wrong.
The performance features of the Sidewinder are far more comparable to the G5
The G9 is way above preformance wise, Here ill show you why

....................................G9...................G5...............SIDEWINDER

TRAKCING:..................200-5000 Dpi....200-2000 Dpi......400-2000 Dpi

MAX ACCELERATION:.........30g..................20g...................20g

MAX SPEED.................150 inch p/s......65 inch p/s.........45 inch p/s

MAX USB REPORT.............1000................1000..................500

AJUSTABLE WEIGHT...........YES.................YES..................YES

TILT SCROLL WHEEL..........YES.................YES...................NO

ON THE FLY DPI SET............5.....................5.....................3

there you have it.

At the end of the day it comes down to what your hand feels comfortble on :)

Last edited:

BababooeyHTJ

Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
Cooling XSPC Raystrom
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) 7950 crossfire
Storage a few
Display(s) 27" Catleap
Case Xigmatek Elysium
Audio Device(s) Xonar STX
Power Supply Seasonic X1050
Software Windows 7 X64
I used this mouse for a while. I liked it, very comfortable mouse. The right mouse button started to stick and I saw a good deal on a Steelseries Ikari Laser and picked that up and wow! It tracks way better than the MS sidewinder and once you get used to it very comfortable, I haven't even thought about going back to the sidewinder.

troyrae360

System Name My Computer!
Memory 2x2 gig Adata 800
Case NZXT Lexa
Audio Device(s) ALC889A HD audio with Enables a Superior Audio Experience (on board)
If you don't know about grips, you're not a gamer. If you're not a gamer, don't buy a gaming mouse!

HAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

Sounds like someone has a firm grip on sumthing!!!

Last edited:

iandh

Xtreme Refugee
sorry, your wrong.

....................................G9...................G5...............SIDEWINDER

there you have it.

Reading spec sheets is a horrible way to compare the real world performance of products.

See: audiophiles.

Sensor type vs. mousing surface has MUCH more to do with how the mouse will feel than some carboard box that says 27 gazillion DPI.

I've owned all three mice you listed and prefer the sidewinder. Now why would I use the cheapest out of the list (Sidewinder X5 $35 OEM at newegg) if I didn't truly find it to be the best?

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X

the max speed of a mouse depends on the surface. max acceleration has more to do with windows than games usually in games this is already overridden and if we had a choice we would use zero acceleration in favor of more precision. max usb report can be changed to 1000hz no matter what mouse you use so all three of these technical specifications should not be taken into consideration when purchasing a mouse.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
I am currently using the OCZ Equalizer Mouse and its the best mouse I've ever used. I just love its features. I also like that I can change the dpi speed of the mouse on the fly. It's grip is great and plays very smooth. I am left handed with the mouse so its difficult for me to find a mouse because most are based for the right hand. This is why OCZ's is great.

iandh

Xtreme Refugee
I am currently using the OCZ Equalizer Mouse and its the best mouse I've ever used. I just love its features. I also like that I can change the dpi speed of the mouse on the fly. It's grip is great and plays very smooth. I am left handed with the mouse so its difficult for me to find a mouse because most are based for the right hand. This is why OCZ's is great.

I'm left handed but play righty partly due to the lack of options for lefties. Same goes for guitar.

The equalizer looks like a pretty decent mouse for the price.

System Name Dell inspiron 5570
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
Motherboard Dell Inc.
Memory SK Hynix 4GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-19200
Video Card(s) Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Storage Intel Optane+932GBHDD w/ External Crucial M500 240GB ssd
Display(s) 15.6" w/ Extended display Samsung 27"
Audio Device(s) Realtek Audio
Mouse ONN Wireless
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64)
Benchmark Scores HaHa yeah right :p
The razer mice look cool but are amongst the most uncomfortable I've tried. They are made for people with small/average hands.
Pretty much my finding. I loved the precision and the way it tracked and all but again the fit to my Large hands made the 2 outside buttons useless. It was like i was always having to have my hand squeezed to keep control of the narrow body.
If you want a Premo mouse for your extra big hands, try the Logitech G9
It ha 3000dpi and you can change the Gearing on the Wheel, it also has an extra body to fir over it more like the sidewinder. and 32mb memory onvoard i think, it might be more lol
The G9 is one seriously nice mouse for a person with large hands. Either type grip works well. The feature I like that I haven't seen on the others is the ability to set the DPI button to 2 where each of the two user selected DPI settings can easily be flipped back and forth without having to click or scroll through many other non used DPI settings. I have 1 setting for scope and 1 for normal game mode. Makes it very simple to swap over to the correct setting in a moments notice. I considered the Sidewinder but the G9 went on sale for $40 after MIR I had to jump on it. I can say it is a very nice solid piece of hardware. :rockout:

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
by the way the ocz equalizer is a rebrand of a4tech x-750f and the ocz dominatrix is a rebrand of the cyber snipa stinger lol so if you like the ocz equalizer check out a4tech because they offer a lot more models.

the G9 is a claw grip mouse it's asymmetrical and too steep I tried it on display at a computer store and I couldn't palm it to my liking. the knock on it is mainly the scroll wheel and placement of the dpi buttons.

I don't know if you can call this a con but definitely stupid I think not including a third grip that was 50% soft and 50% rough was stupid. people seem to favor the soft grip more for comfort because the mouse is unergonomic but it doesn't give you the traction the rough one gives you while gaming. they should of took a page from cyber snipa the stinger has a soft surface so your palm is comfortable but on the left and right side by the buttons it has a rough surface so your thumb and right finger or pinky can get adequate traction and people rave about it.

Last edited:
Processor AMD FX 8320 @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 rev1
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 4 x 4GB DDR3 Ripjawz 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vapor-X AMD R9 280X
Storage 1 x 500GB Samsung Evo 850, 1 x 500GB Vrap Data Drive, 3 x 2TB Seagate, 1 x 1TB Samsung F1
Display(s) 3 x DGM IPS-2402WDH
Case Coolermaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 1000W Silent Pro M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
sorry, your wrong.

there you have it.

So why are we all still forgetting the X8?

Specs:

-Resolution: 250–4000 dpi (BlueTrack™ Technology)

-Image Processing: 13000 frames per second

-Max Acceleration: 75 G

-Max Speed: 120 inches per second

-USB Reporting: Full-speed, 500 Hz

-Feet: 3 sets of different mouse feet (for glide preference)

-Wireless Play: Up to 30 hours

Boom.

Better than the G9 and the same price.

troyrae360

System Name My Computer!
Memory 2x2 gig Adata 800
Case NZXT Lexa
some of these mice come with too many features and it compromises the quality like the weight system, why do they design a weight system (that is useless anyways) in the back of the mouse? every mouse should be heavy regardless of what hand style or sensitivity. how hard is it to place thumb buttons? how hard is it to design a scroll wheel that isn't flimsy and has enough tension. and drivers nothing pisses me off more than Razer drivers took them over a year to fix some tracking issues on the Lachesis or some other companies that add way too many features and the drivers become a bug fest. SteelSeries Ikari has great drivers very simple it's the only one to my knowledge that will actually allow you to input a custom dpi setting so if your running a resolution of 1680 you can input 1680 dpi unlike every other driver that only allows small increments or presets.

I think the Weight of you mouse is prefrence, i dont see why youd say every mouse should be heavy, I often have no weights inserted in mine

The weight system in my mouse is not at the back its underneath slightley back from the center tilting upward to distrubte weight evenley, and works very well

I can have 5 custom dpi settings (on the fly) , but id never set my dpi to 1900 just becouse my resalution is 1920x1080

I use the G5

I seen this mouse in the shop, it seems like a good left hand option,
Heres the link if any leftys wanna look

http://www.nzxt.com/products/avatar_gaming_mouse/

Attachments

• mouse.jpg
    mouse.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 360