• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can I trust this site?

BobBarr

I wanna buy an extra 6 cell battery for my netbook, however asus hasn't made them separately available to the public. I was redirected by other forums to check out this site:

http://www.cheap-laptop-batteries.com

Has anyone ever ordered from this site? Was your product legit and in working order?

Heres the battery I'm getting also by the way:

http://www.cheap-laptop-batteries.com/laptop-battery/asus-eee-pc-1005ha.htm

Next question: I'm going to get the 1st one or the 3rd one. The price between them is a couple dollars and thats because they have a few different values for their voltage. If I get it which one should I buy?

Thanks. Happy Holidays! :toast:

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
my thought is this....

guessing its the cheapest on the web, you are left with paying more or possibly getting a dodgy part. While I have no experiences with this etailer, they are Paypal verified. I would pay them with a credit card via Paypal if you have doubts. This way you have a 2 pronged defense if it goes belly up. One way or another, you either get a good product, or you do a chargeback via your credit card company.

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Questionable and suspicious usually leads to BS. I tried to look them up on Resellerratings.com and couldn't find anything.

If the price beats Ebay, buy safely w/PayPal.

Processor i9 11900k
Motherboard Maximus XII Apex
Cooling Custom Liquid W/ 360x60 Radiator
Memory 32Gb Team XTREEM ARGB 3600 b-die
Video Card(s) Waterblocked MSI RTX 4070
Storage Intel 900p 480Gb + 4tb Intel 670p
Display(s) LG C2 evo 42"
Case Geometric Future Model 8
Audio Device(s) HD58X + Sennheiser GSX 1000
Power Supply Corsair RM 750x
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 wired
Keyboard Akko Mod 007b HE
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+
Software Windows 11
this is a site thats reccomended from the manufacture that we order our laptop batteries from for our customers at our store.

not sure if your only intrested in price but energy + batteries all have a 12 month warranty on them and this site actually posts their toll free contact number on the top of their site easy to read, i feel alot more confident in that then the site you posted... just my opinion though.

http://www.batteryweb.com/notebookmodellist.cfm?Manufacturer=Asus

System Name Suck it
Processor i7 860 @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE 2
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator @ 1600
Video Card(s) X2 Supercharged 570's
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Display(s) ASUS MT276HE 27"
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra X4 1050W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
I’ve actually developed 3 sites like this for friends who sell laptop batteries. 1 still exists but I won’t refer anyone to them because they take forever to ship things out to people.

As a web developer and designer…static images of paypal verification etc… throws up an instant red flag to me. The html you get is supposed to link to another page showing your information.

Adding a battery to the cart also shows me there is no HTTPS meaning it’s not secured if you were to purchase the battery with a credit card (and that particular site entices you to get a 2% for using paypal) obviously telling me that the merchant terminal they have charges more fees per transaction than Paypal does. I would avoid sites like that based on what I don’t see.

That batteryweb site is legit as could be. I know a few co-workers and clients who’ve purchased from that site. And I know that their credentials are legit. Your best bet.

i789

If you want cheap laptop batteries, go to http://www.dealextreme.com shipping is free and it is a legit website. However, be aware, that generic no name battery can have a lot of problems.

BobBarr

Thanks guys I'll check out the mentioned sites and report. :)