1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can i use ATI or Nvidia without one of their video cards?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by gelly eat world, Apr 24, 2006.

1. gelly eat world New Member

Thanks Received:
    Several Questions

I have an HP pavilion ze4230, bought brand new, but i am having extreme difficulty trying to find information on the video card, brand and that sorta thing. I know it has a radeon IGP 340m adapter. Is that the video card, if not, what is?

Do i need a different video card to have movies play on the TV using a S-video cable through the laptop? I get the desktop and windows to show on the screen, but no movies or videos.

What are the drivers i need to get it working, and which would be better for this situation, ATI or Nvidia?

Thanks
    gelly

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    that is a ati mobility radeon agp with 64 mb (shared i think) so nvidia drivers won't work, the model i can't find, try everest to see wich graphics card is, try ati tool

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. gelly eat world New Member

Thanks Received:
    i tried ati catalyst and my window shrunk on my laptop and the properties for the drivers don't register. Is that normal?

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. gelly eat world New Member

Thanks Received:
    where do i save the ati files? program folder or is there a specific place i need to save them?

10 Year Member at TPU