• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can i use ATI or Nvidia without one of their video cards?

gelly eat world

Several Questions

I have an HP pavilion ze4230, bought brand new, but i am having extreme difficulty trying to find information on the video card, brand and that sorta thing. I know it has a radeon IGP 340m adapter. Is that the video card, if not, what is?

Do i need a different video card to have movies play on the TV using a S-video cable through the laptop? I get the desktop and windows to show on the screen, but no movies or videos.

What are the drivers i need to get it working, and which would be better for this situation, ATI or Nvidia?

Thanks
gelly

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 (Trinidad)
Motherboard ASUS F3Ka (ATI RS690M)
Cooling stock
Memory Nanya 2x1GB ddr2 667@5-5-5-15-2T
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 512MB DDR2@ 580mhz/486mhz
Storage 160GB on laptop+250GB external
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Case Asus Laptop F3Ka chassis
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply 1:30minutes battery
Software "genui xp", 'cause i hated vista
that is a ati mobility radeon agp with 64 mb (shared i think) so nvidia drivers won't work, the model i can't find, try everest to see wich graphics card is, try ati tool

gelly eat world

i tried ati catalyst and my window shrunk on my laptop and the properties for the drivers don't register. Is that normal?

gelly eat world

where do i save the ati files? program folder or is there a specific place i need to save them?