• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can someone explain how to do this registry command

shevanel

If you want to use the 64bit version of WMP as the default player on Vista 64-bit, run "unregmp2.exe /SwapTo:64" from an ELEVATED (admin) cmd.exe prompt and then set registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\wmplayer.exe, "Path" to be "%Programfiles%\Windows Media Player". To undo that, reset the "Path" value and then run "unregmp2.exe /SwapTo:32" from an elevated cmd.exe prompt.

If you don't set the PATH value, you'll still see WMP-32 in some cases. So don't forget about that.

Im trying to do that because running unregmp2.exe /SwapTo:64 doesnt fully work, in task manager I still *32 beside wmplayer.

Can someone please explain the process of setting WMP to 64 bit via that registry edit?

I am in regedit now and just need to know what do do properly and I removed the (x86) portion from the PATH but wmp still shows up as 32 bit, I ran "unregmp2.exe /SwapTo:64" from cmd prompt but still opening as 32 bit

Last edited:

shevanel

sorry. I got it to work. Once I navigated to the program files (not x86) and opened wmplayer it opened the 64bit version.. I unpinned the old WMP sc from the TB and then pinned the new one and now its golden.

Thanks anyway