1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can someone recommend a sound card with optical out?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by OrbitzXT, Aug 1, 2007.

1. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    My many years of computing I've never strayed from Creative sound cards, but now I'm willing to if I have to and realize their driver support is crap anyway. I'm getting a new setup for my room and it requires a new sound card. I want to get this home theater in a box and have a sound card with optical out to plug into it.

Also I want to get this HDTV to use mainly as a monitor, but I suppose I'll watch TV on it sometimes if I'm not on the computer at the time. On the specs list I don't really see its audio outputs so I'm not sure what wire I would need to hook up the TV to the home theater. Any help would be appreciated. Also on the sound card, I have no idea the price of cards with optical out but I was looking to spend under $100

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:

I don't understand or maybe it's a typo - do you have a sound card?

The sound card in my system specs does have an optical out. It works excellently with games but is optimized for media playing/recording etc etc. And it isn't that expensive either.

3. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a simple Audigy 7.1 SE, it has the standard 3 Green/Black/Orange outputs. I want a new sound card that has optical out to plug directly into the new home theater I'm buying.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. i_am_mustang_man New Member

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU