• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Canon Expands Business Inkjet and Laser Printer Portfolio with Four New Printers to Help Provide Harmony at Work

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
In today's working world it's vital that households and offices have the tools they need to get their work done, and that are simultaneously efficient and affordable. To help create Harmony at Work, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is pleased to announce two new inkjet printer models and two new laser printers, expanding the MAXIFY GX and imageCLASS printer lines. The 4-in-1 MAXIFY GX4020 printer (print, copy, scan, and fax) and the 3-in-1 MAXIFY GX3020 printer (print, copy, and scan) expand the Canon MegaTank Printer lineup at an increasingly affordable cost. These models utilize a continuous ink supply system, which can significantly reduce ink costs by utilizing high-volume inkbottles. The imageCLASS MF264dw II and MF262dw II printers are 3-in-1 multifunction machines (print, copy, and scan) adding to the Canon black-and-white laser portfolio.

The new MAXIFY printers can help hybrid and remote workers looking to upgrade their home office, as well as small business owners looking to manage daily work at a fast-moving pace. The MAXIFY GX4020 and GX3020 printers boast a print speed of 18 images per minute (IPM) in black-and-white, and 13 (IPM) in color. They both boast multiple paper paths, with a 250-sheet front-loading cassette, a 100-sheet rear tray, and a separate rear flat tray which is ideal for thicker paper, such as used for poster creation. The MAXIFY GX4020 and GX3020 printers can produce approximately 14,000 sheets in color and approximately 6,000 sheets in black ink. A three-year limited warranty comes standard, and users can easily replace the maintenance cartridge and the print head (replacements sold separately) to assist with printer longevity. These inkjet printers are environmentally conscious, meeting EPEAT Gold standard, and offer a small footprint, making it easy and convenient to place them in a compact space.

The Canon MAXIFY printers are also compatible with PosterArtist Online a design software that allows all levels of users to create professional-looking posters, banners and signage, with technology allowing it to express four different textured looks in gold or silver. This application supports over 100 compatible models of Canon devices across many printing product lines. Retail storeowners can use PosterArist Online to print displays and flyers to provide up-to-date information on pricing and product information. PosterArtist is also a good fit for hospitals, giving medical staff the ability to create eye-catching health notices, as well as hospitality, where PosterArtist can be used to print posters and flyers with tourist information, suggestions for local dining, and increasing awareness of activities and events in the area.

Users looking to manage daily documents are also encouraged to research the new imageCLASS black-and-white laser printers. The imageCLASS MF264dw II and MF262dw II printers can print a first page in under six seconds, with both models able to print 30 pages per minute. These new imageCLASS printers are ideal for home office users, and industries and office environments where color printing is not a need. Other benefits include:

• High Page Yield
    • Both the imageCLASS MF264dw II and MF262dw II printers include up to 1,700 pages per cartridge out of the box, and a replacement high-capacity toner cartridge (sold separately) is available supporting up to 4,100 pages.
  • Adjustable Screen
    • The new imageCLASS printers have an adjustable control panel with a backlit screen, and are easy to use whether you're standing or sitting.
  • Auto Replenishment
    • Canon offers the optional Auto Replenishment Service, which enables the printer as a smart device for just-in-time toner management is available, and can allow customers to save time by not having to place emergency replacement orders.

Availability
The MAXIFY GX4020 and GX3020 printers are available for immediate purchase through the Canon Online Store for $499.00 and $399.00, respectively. The imageCLASS MF264dw II and MF262dw II printers are available for purchase at $229.00 and $199.00, respectively, also through the Canon Online Store.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Main
Processor 8700K
Motherboard Maximus Hero X
Cooling EVGA 280 CLC w/ Noctua silent fans
Memory 2x8GB 3600/16
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080TI Hybrid
Nothing but violence and shouting at my job so I hope these help.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
All while apparently Epson is preparing to stop production of their Laser printers in favor of inkjet printers:

IMO, inkjet printers are just too problematic.

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO (WiFi 6)
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S (two fans)
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Reference Vega 64
Storage Intel 665p 1TB, WD Black SN850X 2TB, Crucial MX300 1TB SATA, Samsung 830 256 GB SATA
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG27, and Samsung S23A700
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TITANIUM 850W
Mouse Logitech
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Windows 11 Pro, and Ubuntu 20.04
I agree. Inkjets might make sense for businesses, but for individual use, due to the premature drying out of the ink in the cartridges, laser printers trump them.

All while apparently Epson is preparing to stop production of their Laser printers in favor of inkjet printers:

Power Leveling. Worked in the printing industry in the 70's then back in the 90's. Continued to do prepress/post production work and have content providers globally.

It's all about the money. When using ink the profits they make are extremely high. Laser printers, though less expensive than ink, it is still expensive when it comes to colors overall.

In 2016 I bought a Xerox 8580/8780 ColorQube. In Simple terms, the ink is actually a glorified crayon and the colors are melted into the page. The price per page is crazy low. I do all of my post production work on that printer.

IMHO.... The problem is that printer was so good that it did not make money on the Ink end and has been discontinued.
But I can tell you right now that style of printing has been and still used by professionals today. Dye sublimation is a matured type of printing.

If you are worried about consumables this is the way to go. Print per page B/W is 1.25 pennies Color? Depends. Complete colored page 35 cents to $1.25 per page full coverage. However the price will change as I'm the type of guy who stores up on his ink when there are sales.

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Cooling some cheap Cooler Master Hyper 103 or similar
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2x Oldell 24" 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Nova white windowless non-mesh
Audio Device(s) E-mu 1212m PCI
Power Supply Seasonic G-360
Mouse Logitech Marble trackball, never had a mouse
Keyboard Key Tronic KT2000, no Win key because 1994
Software Oldwin
Nothing but violence and shouting at my job so I hope these help.
Yes, it's well known that human shouting can be drowned out in printer noise (but you may need an orchestra of printers for that).