• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Canonical and TraiCen Computer to deliver Ubuntu Certification

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
Canonical Ltd, the commercial sponsor of Ubuntu, today announced it has signed an agreement with TraiCen Computer Training & Consulting to deliver 'Ubuntu Certified Professional' (UCP) training in Germany. TraiCen will deliver official courses in Muenster from August 2007.

Two five day courses, Ubuntu Professional Courses 1 & 2, will assist System Administrators to pass the required LPI 101, LPI 102 and the Ubuntu 199 exams, and achieve the Ubuntu Certified Professional certification. These courses are the first in a series of classroom and e-learning courses scheduled for launch throughout 2007.

Securing a partnership with Traicen will enable us to reach a wide audience throughout Germany. With facilities in Muenster, Neumuenster and Munich, students will not need to travel far for high quality Ubuntu training," commented Chris Kenyon, Business Development Director at Canonical.

Martin Hornung, CEO of TraiCen continued, " I know that it will be a profitable investment and it's the beginning of a successful partnership. We have followed developments in the Ubuntu project since the beginning and are delighted that we can now be involved on the training delivery side."

The first Ubuntu Professional course will open in Muenster in August and will run for five days.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Cooling Cooler Master Tx3
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 960 4GB GDDR5
Storage (1) SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 430 Watt Corsair
Mouse Logitech g602
Keyboard K70 LUX Mech LB, Red LED, Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows 10 + Hackintosh
i dunno I still got issues with linux. Maybe its just me, I've always felt you have to fix everything to get it to work. Its a BOB OS (broken out of the box) lol. I mean power to Opensource, but it has a ways yet to go before I will jump on.

dmce

i dunno I still got issues with linux. Maybe its just me, I've always felt you have to fix everything to get it to work. Its a BOB OS (broken out of the box) lol. I mean power to Opensource, but it has a ways yet to go before I will jump on.

I wouldnt say you need to fix things, more like get them working for your system. Its satisfying when you get it setup the way you want though.

nflesher87

Staff
I wouldnt say you need to fix things, more like get them working for your system. Its satisfying when you get it setup the way you want though.

too bad there aren't a lot of people that have time to fiddle for hours just to get basic apps working properly! :slap: :roll:

dmce

too bad there aren't a lot of people that have time to fiddle for hours just to get basic apps working properly! :slap: :roll:

Last time i installed Ubuntu it worked pretty much out the box bar my wireless card. Again the same happened when i installed an old version on Mandrake at uni. Its not that bad, but yeah you need to put a bit of time into it, as with most new things, its new!

You cenrtainly dont need to fiddle for hours to get a basic apps working.

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910

DMCE is correct, with Ubuntu.

Only for a majority of apps though.

Want something not pre-set up?

Good luck.

It goes both ways, though.

Program support in windows is starting to dwindle.

But, this is why I just use parallels, in os x.

The best of linux, best of windows, in a stable OS X base.

However, this is a HUGE step in the acceptance of Ubuntu.

If they keep up this momentum, they could very well become a viable desktop option for users.

System Name Current
Processor Core i5 2500k
Motherboard Z77MA-G45
Cooling Cooler Master Tx3
Memory 8gb DDR3 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 960 4GB GDDR5
Storage (1) SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS
Case Fractal Core 1000
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 430 Watt Corsair
Mouse Logitech g602
Keyboard K70 LUX Mech LB, Red LED, Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows 10 + Hackintosh
DMCE is correct, with Ubuntu.

Only for a majority of apps though.

Want something not pre-set up?

Good luck.

It goes both ways, though.

Program support in windows is starting to dwindle.

But, this is why I just use parallels, in os x.

The best of linux, best of windows, in a stable OS X base.

However, this is a HUGE step in the acceptance of Ubuntu.

If they keep up this momentum, they could very well become a viable desktop option for users.

Don't get me started on OSX. lol :p. At work I can't get on youtube.com if anyone can please link the "south park mac vs PC" video. Just search it on youtube. :)

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Don't get me started on OSX. lol :p. At work I can't get on youtube.com if anyone can please link the "south park mac vs PC" video. Just search it on youtube. :)

http://img.techpowerup.org/070520/Picture 1.jpg

Ubuntu has to worry about windows yes...

But if they aren't careful, OS X will come from behind and steal a good chunk of what Ubuntu has accomplished. ;)

[No, I will not tell people how to get this working, and yes it is the windows UT]

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
customization is *nix (ubuntu, etc) best suit. Most drivers they have work for what is out there. Games is a sore point for me though. IF they get game support fixed (or better) then I will definitely be willing to jump on.