• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't boot from Android x86 after install

alissals96

Hi there,

I tried to install Android x86 64 bit 8.1 Oreo. My problem is the same as most as of right now, after you install you get a command line interface. The problem I am facing is a different response and I hope someone can help me fix this.

Here's the screenshot of what I see after booting up the Virtual Machine using VirtualBox.

Androidx86error1.PNG

Can someone help me solve this issue, this would mean a lot to me.

Thanks

Alissa

Attachments

• Androidx86error1.PNG
    Androidx86error1.PNG
    16.6 KB · Views: 3,537
System Name Cheapskate Maximus
Processor Xeon W3680 @ 3.99Ghz [133x30] [1.375v]
Motherboard HP Z400 Rev 2
Cooling Alpenfohn Brocken v1
Memory 3 x 4GB DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX570 Nitro+
Storage 240GB WD SSD, 6 x 2TB HDD
Display(s) 27" iiyama XB2783HSU AMVA+
Case AeroCool
Power Supply HP 600w Bronze (Delta)
Keyboard Gots keys
Software W10 x64
I had a similar problem with Oreo in Virtualbox and not sure how I fixed it in the end, there was a guide on the net that helped... I'll see if I can find it for you.

The image below might help, it was so long ago that I set it up that it's a bit vague how I got it working.
Also, after installing it's recommended to remove the iso from the IDE controller/virtual drive in VBox > one solution maybe.PNG

I also found a VDI image with everything setup already from another site, I'll see if I can find tat one again for you.

Here's one site to set it up manually : https://techsviewer.com/install-android-in-virtual-machine-vmware-and-virtualbox/

And this is the VDI already setup, it's a 600~ MB to download, and unpacks to around 6GB... :https://www.osboxes.org/android-x86/

Hi there,

I tried to install Android x86 64 bit 8.1 Oreo. My problem is the same as most as of right now, after you install you get a command line interface. The problem I am facing is a different response and I hope someone can help me fix this.

Here's the screenshot of what I see after booting up the Virtual Machine using VirtualBox.

Androidx86error1.PNG

Can someone help me solve this issue, this would mean a lot to me.

Thanks

Alissa
Hi Alissa. Welcome to TPU's forums.

Did you use the version of ISO's intended for VM use?
Either from here;
Or from here;

If you used the normal ISO's, they produce the hang you showed in your attached picture.
The same thing happens when you try the VM ISO on a real system.