• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

can't choose output from jacks in realtek audio manager on asrock motherboard

rundervinkje

Hello,
This is going to be a long shot but i'm desperate for an answer:

My pc broke down some time ago so i decided to get an upgrade. I kept my old graph-card and my drives but got a new motherboard (asrock z77 Pro3), cpu (i5-3470 3.2GHz, quad) and memory (Corsair vengeance DIMM DDR3 1600 CL9 2x4gb). I let the guys at the shop put it all together and everything works in the end. Except one thing i just to have on my old gigabyte motherboard. After installing the drivers i lacked the Realtek HD Audio Manager. So i installed it and it finally opened (still doesnt auto start though when booting windows 7-64bit). The problem now is i can't choose the output on each jack.

Now i love sound, and i have two different systems. each have their own speakers and amplifiers. They are hooked up to my pc with AUX cables. The problem is that Realtek Audio Manager will not let me choose which jack (on the back of my pc) get's which output. I both want them to have the "front speaker out"-output.

Can someone help me?
I already tried the following things: re-installing drivers, updating them, re-installing windows, utility software, reattach all hardware (also clear bios).

Here you can find some screens that probably will be useful.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Output selection I believe is limited to the rear and side output jacks though I could be wrong. It seems your system current has the two fronts and the center/sub channel connected. I am not sure what your setup is, but you seem to want two front audio outs so move the cable on the center/sub to the rear or side. Then see if you can change the output on those.

I had an issue with certain features from my audio not working every other time I would install the Realtek audio drivers so you may want to reinstall those one more time.

System Name desktop | Odroid N2+ |
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Amlogic S922X |
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H |Odroid N2+ |
Cooling Inter-Tech Argus SU-200, 3x Arctic P12 case fans | stock heatsink + fan |
Memory Gskill Aegis DDR4 32GB | 4 GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 (8GB) | Arm Mali G52 |
Storage SK Hynix SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1T | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB |
Display(s) AOC G2260VWQ6 | LG 24MT57D |
Case Asus Prime 201 | Stock case (black version) |
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 400W | 12v barrel jack |
Mouse Logitech G500 |Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Qpad MK-50 (Cherry MX brown)| Blaze Keyboard
Software Windows 10, Various Linux distros | Gentoo Linux
Use the latest audio drivers from the product page of the mobo on the ASRock site, and not the installation CD.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Use the latest audio drivers from the product page of the mobo on the ASRock site, and not the installation CD.

This. Also don't download any drivers or software directly from Realtek. More often than not the software released for your particular motherboard has some changes from the reference design, so always download the latest drivers from the motherboard manufacturer. I don't know about ASRock, but that has been my experience lately with ASUS and to a limited degree with MSI.

rundervinkje

Output selection I believe is limited to the rear and side output jacks though I could be wrong. It seems your system current has the two fronts and the center/sub channel connected. I am not sure what your setup is, but you seem to want two front audio outs so move the cable on the center/sub to the rear or side. Then see if you can change the output on those.

I had an issue with certain features from my audio not working every other time I would install the Realtek audio drivers so you may want to reinstall those one more time.
Changing the output jack doesnt change a thing. And option could be having one aux cable in the front output and one in the back. But having a cable there is annoying and limits me to use the actual headphone when dj'ing. My previous pc setup had the option to change the outputs... why not now =(

Did this, did not work either way (cd/internet page of asrock OR realtek.). (and i uninstall with 3rd party software to get a registry cleanup aswell)

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
I am running an asrock board with that Realtek manager, From my knowledge, it doesnt allow You to dictate which plug outputs which signal, IF thats what your looking for.

incidentally I used the driver on their site , in the support section.

rundervinkje

I am running an asrock board with that Realtek manager, From my knowledge, it doesnt allow You to dictate which plug outputs which signal, IF thats what your looking for.

That would indicate the motherboard dictates if you can do that, but i believe it would be a software issue.

Good to know though it's a normal issue (well for me it's an issue :D).

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
If your looking for multiple outputs of the same signal at the same time for DJ'ing why not invest in a quality Interface?

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/8-of-the-best-budget-usb-audio-interfaces-570850

I have limited experience DJ'ing, I usually set up the equipment not use it but all of the DJ's ive met never use onboard audio plus if you are DJ'ing surly the software you use has control over it and can select what to output where?

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
That would indicate the motherboard dictates if you can do that, but i believe it would be a software issue.

Good to know though it's a normal issue (well for me it's an issue :D).

I mean to say that You CANNOT say which signal comes out of which of the six plugs. For instance , the Pink 35mm will ALWAYS be Mic input, I DO know that there is a "switch center with sub woofer" option, or something of the like. Short of re-soldering/wiring the board, I dont think that it allows it. I DO agree with You that it Seems ridiculous and absurd, but I'm sure that 1- there is some difficulty in the manfacturing process to make that option available.
2- That the Realtek manager is NOT of the highest quality
Unfortunately it Does suck, and I sympathize with You, If you ever find one that does allow such customization PLEASE post in regards, providing it is a New, or current GEN board. My setup would be alot easier to manage if the option You mention WAS available.

Regards

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
I mean to say that You CANNOT say which signal comes out of which of the six plugs. For instance , the Pink 35mm will ALWAYS be Mic input, I DO know that there is a "switch center with sub woofer" option, or something of the like. Short of re-soldering/wiring the board, I dont think that it allows it. I DO agree with You that it Seems ridiculous and absurd, but I'm sure that 1- there is some difficulty in the manfacturing process to make that option available.
2- That the Realtek manager is NOT of the highest quality
Unfortunately it Does suck, and I sympathize with You, If you ever find one that does allow such customization PLEASE post in regards, providing it is a New, or current GEN board. My setup would be alot easier to manage if the option You mention WAS available.

Regards

you would be wrong on both counts

http://cl.ly/OckP/Image 2013-04-28 at 11.59.55 AM.png
realtek has a bunch of jack reassignment options
*note you may need to go though and disable jackdetection and or toggle the 'tie up some of the input options to free up the microswitchs

http://cl.ly/ObDl/Image 2013-04-28 ...l.ly/Ob4L/Image 2013-04-28 at 12.01.41 PM.png

current config

MIC = Rblue
SUB/Center Rear black
front = rear green
sides = front pink
the combinations are limited depending on your channel mode you may need to select 5.1 and then play with the "mute streams" options until it outputs to all
to get it to output a stereo stream follow these steps

1. disable front panel/connector senseing
2. change the speaker count to Quadraphonic
3. disable mute rear outputs if front panel is plugged in
4.enable make front/rear outputs play two different streams at the same time
some boards don't allow you to set both to enabled for the same stream the above should get it working tho

Last edited: