1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cant get cpu temp while in vista

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by regan1985, Sep 23, 2007.

1. regan1985 New Member

Thanks Received:
    for some reason no program with give my my cpu temp in vista and i have downloaded all the common ones and if i load some of them up my machine just restarts? am i missing a patch or somthing?

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    could be a vista thing lol. you got 32 bit or 64 bit?

3. Athlon2K15

Athlon2K15 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    use rivatuner

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I don't remember having a problem with Speedfan, Everest, Coretemp (I think .95 or higher), hell I even got Systool to function, though it didn't read correctly. I preferred Speedfan 4.32+ while in Vista, worked like a charm for me. Though to get acurate temp readings for CPU, I had to turn on PECI under CPU Settings in my Bios, and I also turned on ACPI 2.0.

What are the programs you've used?

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. regan1985 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont think dfi has that kind of function but i might be wrong?

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I dunno if it does or not, I'm not familiar with Athlon builds, I had one of the first athlons back in like 2001, and it was a different animal, a very slow animal with pc133 sdram hehe.

Well look up your MB and find out what kind of temp sensors it has, if you have the most recent bios, and what programs others are using to view temps with similar builds to yours (primarily CPU and MB for build comparison). Did your MB come with extra programs that may read temps? Maybe there's a driver that needs loaded or something like that...hard saying.

What programs have you tried? The ones I listed? You said the common ones, so I am assuming you have tried them. Just keep googling for information, and soon you will find what you need or why it won't work with Vista, at least either way you'll have an answer to why.

:toast:

10 Year Member at TPU