1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

can't get on internet on Windows 7 Beta

Discussion in 'General Software' started by quasar923, Jan 21, 2009.

1. quasar923 Guest

hey,

ive posted my problem in the windows 7 beta thread but no one responds. So heres my problem. I cant get onto internet explorer or anyonline program through windows 7 beta. the lights on my comp around the eathernet cable do not flash, but when i switch back to winxp pro 32 bit internet does work and the lighs do flash. i have both xp and windows 7 on a dual boot on seperate partitions. ive installed the ehternet drivers from my mobo cd in windows 7 and that does not help. In the bottom right hand corner the icon says there is no connection found, and in network connections it can not establish or fix a connection, and troubleshooter can not tell me what the problem is. Anyone help me please!

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like a ethernet driver problem to me

3. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    If you have 2 ethernet ports try switching. My board has 2 and with one of them it always disables itself or something goes weird with it. And when you installed drivers, did you install a Vista based driver or XP based?

4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    install your network drivers - but not antique ones from a driver CD.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. quasar923 Guest

ok, so it randomly found the network and lets me get on internet explorer. Still one problem. it wont let me download anything, i tried to download firefox, and antivirus programs and other things but it sits on the download box as if its about to download then nothing happens and after about a minute it says that the OS cant identify or use the file, something like that. Just nothing downloads.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i had an issue like this, however mine doesnt sound too similar to yours.

With mine while on my dial up :( if i had the ethernet port connected it tried to get teh net from there, and wouldnt get anything from the 3G modem. If you have multiple networks (even disconnected, such as bluetooth) disable them and see if it helps.

10 Year Member at TPU