• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't run dx11 games on Mobility 5650

Besides RMA, I'm even really considering getting a refund and buying a different laptop if things do not improve. But I want to try every other option before I give the laptop back, because I'm not going to find any similarly priced laptop with the same configuration. I paid 800$ for i3-330m and 5650 and 4gb + bluetooth, gigagbit ethernet and draft-n wifi, so it's really cheap. It only lacks USB 3.0, but its obvious why....

Thanks for the drivers. I didn't ever hear about them before, so be sure I'm gonna try them. Are these drivers good? Do you notice any performance improvement using them. I remember the times of Omegacorner and its drivers - they would really improve performance on my Radeon 9600 non-pro.

I'm downloading AvP (dx11 game) now and when it installs, I'll try it.

Also it is worth mentioning that the problems with the games I have are pretty widespread, i.e. many people report Civ V and Dirt 2 apprcrash and black screen in BC2 (but I didn't hear about my Metro problem anywhere). So what troubles my mind is: why do I face these problems in so many games? Why, for instance, only one of these games would not run correctly, and the others run well? Because it would be pretty natural if only one game didn't work, but I have 4 not working games...

AvP worked in the morning but tonight it crashes with the exact error as in the other games. I'm sending my laptop back to service.

I really want to thank you all for your willingness to help me out. This is the forum I received the greatest amount of replies to my problem. No doubt you make a great community here.

Bye and thanks again.

Last edited:
System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
^ if you get your money back, get a gaming PC. Either ask for advice here to make sure it comes with a decent videocard or stick around here and learn to put your own together.

Thanks for a word of advice but I'm a student, hence I need a portable computer. So I will send my laptop back for repairs (I wish they would just send me a new one) in hope that once it returns, everything is going to work properly as it should. I don't want another brand either because Acer 5740g is the fastest laptop I can get for the money here in Poland (800$ or 2350 PLN).

Be sure that if I ever encounter more problems, this is the first place I'm gonna ask for advice. :)

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
I have Windows' built-in 3.5.1 and 4 from Windows Update. Do you think it would make a difference for me if I installed older versions?

There is a hope! Stalker CoP works very well in dx11 enhanced full lighting; generaly all option set to max. In the place where single player starts I get about 30 fps.

But unfortunately non of the other games has started working...

I suggest uninstall version 4 then reboot. I've read some odd occurrences that seem to relate to it's use.

Thanks I will remember that if I ever encounter problems in the future.

Unfortunately, it was only yesterday I installed .net 4, and before that I already experienced the problems with games. Nothing changed after .net 4 installation.

W

wahdangun

ffs, please read, he said SOME games, obiviously software issues :banghead:

i dunno maybe because bad bios, because mya friend have laptop with HD 5650 and he can play any game, he throw at it.