• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cant turn off Csm because "display device does not support uefi gop (graphics output protocol).

militarywartoaster

I have a Radeon sapphire RX 580 graphics card. I have a big history with the game Valorant and I have played it and had fun doing so since the early days of the beta. I am aware that this game requires TPM 2.0 and secure boot to play the game for multiple security reasons. recently my GPU broke for reasons I don't know about, so I just purchased the same one on eBay and my pc was up and running again. Even after the new one was plugged in, I still had no issues turning on secure boot. I noticed the game and my pc was randomly crashing, so my first instinct was to update the drivers. After more crashing, I came to the conclusion that the CMOS battery was dying, so I replaced it and moved on.
But the main issue and the reason I am writing this post is that I cannot turn on secure boot because I cannot turn off CSM because my graphics card "does not support uefi gop". I am obviously super confused because EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE ON THIS PC HAS BEEN WITH THE SAME CARD. I successfully installed windows 11, played Valorant for years with no problems, and even turned secure boot on and off for multiple build reasons. even this new card I got (which is the same card btw) worked with Valorant for like 2 weeks. I know this is a long post but I didn't think I could describe the situation otherwise. I just want to know what my next move should be and possibly find out why this card suddenly lost its ability to support uefi gop between me simply updating the drivers to the newest patch available and me replacing my CMOS battery. Even in the case I should just buy a new card that supports this feature. I don't even know where to look because no business in the industry includes this compatibility feature in the description of their products. If anybody knows what I can do to be able to just play Valorant again I would much appreciate the help.

Gpu: Radeon sapphire Rx 580 (amd card)
Cpu: Amd ryzen 5 2600 Six-core processor
motherboard: Asrock B450m HDV

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Get GPU-Z and a Screenshot of it, then switch to the Advance tab, click on the word General and select Memory Timings, get a screenshot there please. Post here

Get a a pic of the white sticker located on the side of the gpu heatsink near the pcie blade, post here.

militarywartoaster

Get GPU-Z and a Screenshot of it, then switch to the Advance tab, click on the word General and select Memory Timings, get a screenshot there please. Post here

Get a a pic of the white sticker located on the side of the gpu heatsink near the pcie blade, post here.
I already had GPU-Z and it says something like "no embedded UEFI support module in bios". I did some research online and hit up the dude on eBay and he said I could return the card with no trouble. Due to extensions in my budget via work reasons. I just got a new RTX 3060 because most/all of the RTX cards only support uefi on default. I appreciate the help immensely, but I don't want to risk flashing the card and somehow breaking it. It seems like a stressful process and very high risk low reward. Thank you for responding.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I already had GPU-Z and it says something like "no embedded UEFI support module in bios". I did some research online and hit up the dude on eBay and he said I could return the card with no trouble. Due to extensions in my budget via work reasons. I just got a new RTX 3060 because most/all of the RTX cards only support uefi on default. I appreciate the help immensely, but I don't want to risk flashing the card and somehow breaking it. It seems like a stressful process and very high risk low reward. Thank you for responding.
With info requested I may have found you a bios that is fully uefi. I've helped plenty restore their gpus.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
This is a common problem with RX580's, even if it's flashing the exact same BIOS again, somehow it often fixes the problem

Follow @eidairaman1 's instructions he knows the solution here

militarywartoaster

Out of my own curiosity, I have put some more work into this thing. I was messing around with the dual bios and the other bios copy has the UEFI enabling module. The problem I am currently running into is that I turned off my CSM and rebooted to go turn on secure boot but it skips over the advanced start up options prompt screen and boots straight into windows every time after about 5 minutes. I have tried every fix for this from disabling fast start-up in control panel, to switching my monitors around into different display port slots but I have found no success. Even If I wanted to update the bios I cannot get into the bios to update them. I also cannot switch back to the first bios my CSM is turned off and it will not boot at all on the other dual bios switch position.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Out of my own curiosity, I have put some more work into this thing. I was messing around with the dual bios and the other bios copy has the UEFI enabling module. The problem I am currently running into is that I turned off my CSM and rebooted to go turn on secure boot but it skips over the advanced start up options prompt screen and boots straight into windows every time after about 5 minutes. I have tried every fix for this from disabling fast start-up in control panel, to switching my monitors around into different display port slots but I have found no success. Even If I wanted to update the bios I cannot get into the bios to update them. I also cannot switch back to the first bios my CSM is turned off and it will not boot at all on the other dual bios switch position.
Ok we are not talking about the motherboard bios but the gpu bios.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Ok well pay attention to what is written here. This will help to reflash your gpu.

Start with the info requested please

I tried flashing the bios but I am getting p/n mismatch errors on every try.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I tried flashing the bios but I am getting p/n mismatch errors on every try.
Because you're flashing a BIOS for a different product
To reset your systems BIOS, you need to... reset your systems BIOS. remove the battery or short the clear CMOS jumper pins.

Without the required information you can't get the right BIOS, and force flashing the wrong BIOS will brick your card - follow his instructions, do things his way

Why ask for help, if you're going to ignore it?

arnabs11

I am facing the exact same issue with sapphire pulse rx 580 4gb card, any solution?