• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't upload my Asus 1080's BIOS

Marlin Followell

I've helped several users roll back to the original BIOS on their ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-11GBPS cards. Other users kept referring the users with problems here, and telling them to download their original BIOS from the db here. Unfortunately, the only one that can be found is the latest version, 86.04.66.00.AS04, which has issues. The users are wanting the original BIOS, version 86.04.66.00.AS01.

I decided to dump my original ROM and add it to the db. However, when I attempt to upload it, I'm told that it already exists in the system. I'm taken to the site for it, and that does appear to be the case. The problem is that there is no way for any user searching for this BIOS to find or access it that I can find. It doesn't appear in any of the searches.

The link for the later version that can be found is:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/193383/asus-gtx1080-8192-170428

The link for the older, original version, that cannot be reached by searching is:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/192295/192295

Can anyone tell me how to get this addressed?

Thanks.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Can anyone tell me how to get this addressed?

Usually you have to wait..... Unverified submissions are exactly that, files which have not passed through W1zzard's fingers. He hand checks every bios before it is set to the verified section, and with all he does already, you can see how bios files are not super high on the priorities list. Eventually, my guess, is that they will get verified.

@Wizzard Just in case he feels like being the hero and helping with this request sooner.

Marlin Followell

Usually you have to wait..... Unverified submissions are exactly that, files which have not passed through W1zzard's fingers. He hand checks every bios before it is set to the verified section, and with all he does already, you can see how bios files are not super high on the priorities list. Eventually, my guess, is that they will get verified.

@Wizzard Just in case he feels like being the hero and helping with this request sooner.

I'd wondered if that may possibly have something to do with it since, obviously, the ROM is there, but just not easily accessible. That would make sense. The only problem with that reasoning is that the later version, the one that is verified, was uploaded in early July, and the original, that hasn't yet been verified, was uploaded in early May.

Anyway, I'll keep monitoring here for it to be verified and made available and, until then, I'll keep helping out other users as I can.

Thanks for the reply.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Select "unverified uploads" in the GPU vendor dropdown to find those uploads.

I've set your BIOS to public so it's easier to find