1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't wait for the new expansion of Diablo 3, Reaper of Souls!

Discussion in 'Games' started by AmieeLouire, Nov 6, 2013.

1. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well lets face it your always going to get junk.. Cannot expect the game only drop shit only when it's some use to you lol.

Yeah we had a few.. Had them of bodys and even bookshelfs.

BiggieShady says thanks.
  2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    There waaaaay over powered still.. I wish i had that kinda mana with my WD as 85.5 Mps and near 1300 mana aint enough to do damage any were near what they do..

Although gotta remember will the tables turn when the actual addon is released then all items will be available for all classes..

And DH's for the most part just suck ass.

3. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Yeah my buddy had to change his WD play style a little bit, but it seems to be better. Basically he is wearing a full Zuni set for the Mana regen and dropped all of is IAS items for just CC and CD seems to manage much better.

They have some good OP builds when playing with a team, but those builds don't work that well solo. I been rocking a disintegrate build for a long time. I used to run the same build prepatch on much lower MP levels for fun, but archon was way better. Now they have flipped it.. Archon sucks ass and Disintegrate build is working really well. Currently farming Torrent III Act III and just wrecking enemies.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ZenZim-1893/hero/859773 - running XP farming gear. Full dps gear is 315k and 560K Toughness. Hmm seems battlenet is lagging. I'm also Paragon 105.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been looking at this and it starting to spark my interest again.. lol @AsRock I'm updating my D3 now.. lol You want to carry me through it again?.. hehehe I've not played in forever. I played POE a few times before they put it on Steam.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Now's the time to start. Diablo 3 has a 50% xp boost until RoS is released. Start grinding those Paragon Levels.

Mindweaver says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Optimizing Game now.. hehe 15-60 mins... :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Cool, my CC lacks some need a few more points on that how ever i get 300-1.3mill crits just that the mana sucks ass even with a new weapon i found which adds a extra 10s..

And ias always been bad for WD in my book.

Here's mine feel free to add..
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AsRock-1110/hero/20628957

Sure we'll meet again haha although it wont be for a hour or so yet as it's tuesday and everyone's day has frozen over till then HA.

Mindweaver says thanks.
  8. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I logged into Diablo III after I saw the nice patch notes, skills etc. I played it for half an hour, then I realised I was basically doing exactly the same thing I was doing for 6 months before I quit (Grinding hellfire rings), and the patch essentially changed nothing :/ If the game had released with this patch initially, it might have been a success. For me it's too little too late.

9. Flibolito

Flibolito

Thanks Received:
    My old guild from the early WoW days just reunited in Diablo 3 and we have been having a blast! Game is so much better already. Ready and excited for RoS for sure!

10. rougal

rougal

Thanks Received:
    Gonna play it... Infinite bounty hunt, did that in Beta, Just hoping they update other stuff along the way in RoS..
    a $39.99 gamble..

11. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    You should really think about getting a Zuni Pox on AH before it goes away, if you don't have one, to complete your set. It is a very nice mana regen buff.

Also, servers are down I am guessing to hotfix the XP on Caldera. Basically you start a Game on Torrment 6 and run around and save people, all but 1, then quit the game and reload. Each person you save is worth 500K XP. Saw 2 guys go from 1-60 PL5 in under 1 hour. I admit I tried it but man is it lame, and almost zero chance of getting a good drop and a true grind. I also wouldn't doubt if they hotfix the chest on cathedral.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    10 Year Member at TPU
  12. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Decided to give another chance for D3,downloading now,pre-purchased standart edtion of Reaper.Will start new char to get feeling of new patches and fixes.ANyone care to be my ingame friend invite me Jaffakeik#2215

13. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    The game is so much better now, I basically stopped playing for a year. The itemization is so much better now although WW barbs were nerfed into the ground, which is fine really because it was kind of unfair. There is a TPU clan starting up now as well with AsRock as leader so it would be nice to get everyone kind of together on it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/tpu-diablo-3-clan.198669/

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I.m kind of stuck in this game,Trying to get last piece of horadrim staff,in 3rd act frozen cave(what is random,with monster in it what is random aswell with random drop what is not 100% ether)First time i found cave i got that monster and he didnt drop that glibering emblem whatever.And After that i made about 100 runs and havent seen that monster since that.So why did he became so rare now.

15. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    There is a known issue with this item dropping. A bug. It can happen but is very uncommon now. But there really is no reason to want the staff of herding. They completely changed the map. Clouds do not act like chests anymore.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    10 Year Member at TPU
  16. Genome852 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The game is so much better after the latest patch.

Interesting thing... 50 million gold is selling for $6.50 while a year ago it was 1/4 that. How does that make any sense? (Sold all my gold before RoS releases)

17. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    But bosses and chests drop uniques :). And that place is full of them.

18. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    People are hoarding gold going into the Expansion because the Mystic is a massive money sink.

19. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I got set item from chest immortal king's helmet

20. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Isn't there still achievement by getting the staff if there was any?

21. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the achievement is still there. Since the clouds don't work or act like chests anymore I don't think the area is worth it. And there is what 3 - 5 elite packs in there at most? Meh. Doesn't seem worth while. Maybe to finish of a Act 1 run or something.

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Did ya get it ?, for starters you need the right cave and if memory serves me right it was Caverns Of Frost.

23. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Yes I know that i need cavern of frost i did it all ready 100 of times but got only once needed monster and it didnt give me the right item.I want that lvl becuase I never been there So i want to be there So i dont miss anything in D3,it like Cow lvl in D2

24. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    Just join on someone who has it. Heck I might have two lying around, I would have to look.

25. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    If I read correctly the other day there is a known glitch with the drop rates on certain items (I think one of the Hellfire Ring keys is affected too).