• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Caseless Mod "Gaming Detolf"

stefan_3011

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Zotac H77 Wifi Mainboard
Core I7 870
4 GB RAM, forgot which
Galaxy Geforce GTX 760
CPU Cooler Silverstone NT06
Power Supply Owl Design ???
1 HDD 3.5 500 GB Samsung
1 HDD Cooler/Silencer Scythe Himuro
14 cm Fan at the back
Frontpanel Scythe SCKMPN-3100
lots of stuff from the local electronics store, like extension cables, heatshrink, cable guide...

Mods:
As you can see its a gaming grade, quite silent PC built into an Ikea glass cupboard (hence the name "Detolf). The back wall was replaced by acryl and one hole to accomodate a fan and a cable tunnel at the bottom was cut.
The mainoard sits on screw sockets which fit into generic rubber feet. The backpame. The rest is a "sandwich" of grey foam stuff found in the Geforce shipping box, the HDD inside the cooler/silencer and the power supply on top.
I use the front panel for power/reset/front usb. The front panel has a custom made lid, but it sits a cupboard anyway, so only the front is visible.

Maybe some fine tuning is necessary. Like switching the mainboard LEDs of, or connecting the front audio, or actually using the fan controller, or better cable management.
For now I am happy. Can play Skyrim via Xbox controller, can play HD movies and its barely audible.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Last edited: