• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Catalyst, wide gamut monitor, and EDID

Processor AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.825ghz 1.36v
Motherboard ASRock x370 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-C14s
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb 3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 ti
Display(s) LG 4k IPS
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 + more fans
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA P2 750w
Mouse G900
Keyboard G810
Software Windows 10 Pro
On my new PA246Q ive been trying to do alot of customizations to improve upon its weaknesses such as contrast and black level. Mostly up until now I had been using sRGB mode on the monitor and kept EDID off (didnt know about EDID). If I switch to standard or anything else for that matter, reds become bright and greens become neon or similar. sRGB doesnt have this issue, but I only have access to brightness, nothing else.

Standard mode allows me to play with contrast and generally looks better. If I turn EDID on then the hot red/pink of reds are pretty much fixed and leveled out. Though I have a new issue thats actually searchable. Everything now seems a bit warmer or as others described a pink hue to things. After a bit of searching people have said they have had similar issues across many driver versions, and others saying reformats with fresh drivers fix their problem.

So, to my question. It seems like across drivers it will keep color and EDID settings and if I do a format it would be fixed. I cant do that right now but it can probably be fixed somewhere in the registry, right? Would anyone here happen to know where that might be?

Figured id ask because I have had lots of help here in the past with other driver registry fixes. Thanks in advance.