• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CD Projekt RED Profits Go Downhill Amid Cyberpunk 2077 Delisting from PlayStation Store

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
CD Projekt RED (CDPR), the maker of popular games like Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, has just published company's quarterly earnings report. The video game maker is responsible for the development of the most anticipated game in the year 2020—Cyberpunk 2077. Featuring Hollywood star Keanu Reeves, the game was teased multiple times with an amazing delay that happened three times. A bug-ridden debut happened and the overall gaming experience was very unpleasant, leading to an unprecedented move from PlayStation maker Sony. The Japanese company has delisted Cyberpunk 2077 from its PlayStation store, which caused a big impact to CDPR's sales figures.

Today, we got the exact details. The Q1 numbers are down, with net profits down by 67% to 32.5 million zlotys (Polish national currency), revenue down 2% to 197.6 million zlotys, and selling costs that soared 79.6% to 62.1 million zlotys. The company shares have tumbled down by around 10% since the Q1 report, closely following the outlook of the quarter. What remains for CDPR is to re-engage the Cyberpunk 2077 community and repair the game so it can reach its full potential, and give players a chance to finally enjoy the whole experience the game has to offer. This will hopefully get the company's financials back on track.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

CP77 se typical f+c+ed up management case.

It always amazes me how ppl that literally dont understand anything, cant do right anything at all get into position that can affect work of thousands.

And that ppl that own said companies are willing to let them go belly up cause few cocaine addicted morons.

I had a fun time playing Cyberpunk, and mostly free of serious bugs too thanks to my new hardware I guess. But yes there needs to be a lot more content for the game. If you wander around you notice places that look like they are planned to be something in the game but it's not in there yet. It's even noticeable on the map, multiple regions are almost totally unused. I really hope they keep working on Cyberpunk because there's a massive amount of potential there to be realized.

And that ppl that own said companies are willing to let them go belly up cause few cocaine addicted morons

I guess they're trying to follow the model that the creators of South Park used to make their money. They smoked a lot of pot during their sessions of spit-balling for ideas when coming up with new episodes. The thing is, the game makers don't realize you need to have your head on straight to make a decent game, but a cartoon, not so much.

System Name Nero Mini
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 4.7GHz-4.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte X570i Aorus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S+3x Noctua IPPC 3K
Memory Team Dark 3800MHz CL16 2x16GB 55ns
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 2060 Super JS Shunt Mod 2130MHz/1925MHz + 2x Noctua 120mm IPPC 3K
Storage Adata XPG Gammix S50 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD68W
Case Lian-Li TU-150
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Honestly really enjoyed the game and finished multiple endings already without encountering more than a handful of non game breaking bugs. Maybe its thanks to my hardware that's actually powerful enough to run it but considering that my PC already struggles to run it I can see how forcing it to run on old consoles with dogsh*t AMD Jaguar CPU cores and old a** GCN GPUs can cause issues. Its a highly sophisticated world they created with many advanced graphics effects that should have never been ported to old consoles. I think that is where they messed up. Also could do with more content for sure like others are saying.

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Because you injected your personal opinions and perspectives into it. That is not objective journalism and not a reflection of factual information.
I have removed a sentence that would reflect my personal opinion and I hope that it is now correct. Please excuse me for providing any non-objective journalism if that was the case and always feel free to point out anything you consider negative. :)

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Arous Elite V2
Cooling Thermalright PA120
Memory Kingston FURY Renegade 3600Mhz @ 3733 tight timings
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800
Storage 36TB
Display(s) Samsung QN90A
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Khadas Tone Pro 2, HD660s, KSC75, JBL 305 MK1
Power Supply Coolermaster V850 Gold V2
Mouse Roccat Burst Pro
Keyboard Dogshit with Otemu Brown
Software W10 LTSC 2021
Honestly really enjoyed the game and finished multiple endings already without encountering more than a handful of non game breaking bugs. Maybe its thanks to my hardware that's actually powerful enough to run it but considering that my PC already struggles to run it I can see how forcing it to run on old consoles with dogsh*t AMD Jaguar CPU cores and old a** GCN GPUs can cause issues. Its a highly sophisticated world they created with many advanced graphics effects that should have never been ported to old consoles. I think that is where they messed up. Also could do with more content for sure like others are saying.
a properly developed piece of software will run the same anywhere you put it, the only variable that will change is the speed

the game runs like dogsh*t because it is dogsh*t

the graphics are hardly next gen

you can show off your powerful hardware but wont change the fact that the game was released as a beta, if you liked it, good for you

I have removed a sentence that would reflect my personal opinion and I hope that it is now correct. Please excuse me for providing any non-objective journalism if that was the case and always feel free to point out anything you consider negative. :)
Wow. See PM.

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
the issue is they did not follow in rockstars footsteps
They should have released the last gen version with a lot more optimisation and based the pc port of that version
and then make a next gen version for the ps5 and series x about a year latter
t I can see how forcing it to run on old consoles with dogsh*t AMD Jaguar CPU cores and old a** GCN GPUs can cause issues.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
the issue is they did not follow in rockstars footsteps
They should have released the last gen version with a lot more optimisation and based the pc port of that version
and then make a next gen version for the ps5 and series x about a year latter
It just shouldn't have been released for older consoles full stop as the hardware is not capable enough

System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
It just shouldn't have been released for older consoles full stop as the hardware is not capable enough
it was totally capable
it was being made for that generation
it was based of the witcher 3 engine
it was just porley optimised
it was NOT a next gen title that's obvious even on pc
just a very poor last gen title

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
GTA V ran fine on the xbox 360, and RDR2 ran fine on the PS4. The PS4 can run horizon zero dawn and spider man without issue as well.

The issue here is not the old hardware, the issue here is the dogshit optimization from CDPR. The game is, from a technical standpoint, blatantly unfinished. The team they hired to replace the original Polish developers doesnt have the skill the polish had, and CP2077 didnt really start development until 2016. 4 years in the oven just wasnt enough for what they wanted to do.

The game was not ported to previous gen consoles, it was MADE for the previous gen consoles, the vast majority of its development the PS5/series X didnt exist. CDPR did a very poor job, and deserved to have their utterly unplayable game taken off of the storefront. If anything, this should have happened more often, maybe then game developers would think twice before releasing unplayable garbage on consoles.. Just Cause 3 should have been taken down years ago, it still doesnt run properly on the base PS4/xbone.

It always amazes me how ppl that literally dont understand anything, cant do right anything at all get into position that can affect work of thousands.

And that ppl that own said companies are willing to let them go belly up cause few cocaine addicted morons.
If you think about it, it is always bad management that brings a company up or down.

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
I don't understand the complaints. At launch ok, but now no. As of version 1.22, the game is playable on any mid-range PC, and the very few small bugs don't break the gameplay enjoyment. It's already a full game, just needs a tiny bit more polishing. The PS store fiasco is sad, though.

I don't believe the PS5 version is ready, so to be honest, it makes sense to not put the game up in the store again. The reality is that last gen consoles won't really have a good experience with this game since its fairly CPU intensive and the Jaguar cores are clearly not going to cut it. Even if they managed to get it to work on a PS4 or Xbox Series X, I feel there will be too much compromise visually.

D

Deleted member 185088

Because the hierarchy correlates with ignorance and business skills (aka lying and deceiving).

I don't understand the complaints. At launch ok, but now no. As of version 1.22, the game is playable on any mid-range PC, and the very few small bugs don't break the gameplay enjoyment. It's already a full game, just needs a tiny bit more polishing. The PS store fiasco is sad, though.
Because for some, especially on consoles, that's the (ever)lasting experience. You might say gamers on PC are used to beta or alpha testing games, heck applications or OS as well, but that's not the case with console gamers! This could've seriously dented PS5 sales if it weren't selling out due to the insane chip shortages :D

That game was NEVER going to work on those old consoles.

I have a 3090 FTW3 and a 8TB SSD with a Core i9 Extreme and it ran perfectly for me.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
It's... still pretty much an editorial piece by old written journalistic standards, but I am used to it in the new "web journalism" era.

I don't like it but I understand why it happens. Bland pieces don't get clicks. Meh.

Good, serves them right.

They were marketing the game to investors and shareholders to boost their stock instead of being honest to their community.

game should have been delayed to be a PS5, Series X, PC only game to even come close to all the fake promises they whole knowingly lied to us about.