• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Checkerboard with crossfire set-up

DeadZombie

I was wondering If anybody has any good Idea(s) as to why the heck I keep getting these damn Checkerboard effects when I join a 3D program/Game

Example:A Punkbuster Screenshot taken while playing Americas Army.

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Hmm, those are artifacts. Perhaps a faulty card? Try using just one, then the other and see if it still happens.

DeadZombie

The way the crossfire runs, Each black square is running on one card, and the ones not black are run by the other card. I've tried switching back and forth, and it doesn't help. Both cards are new. I had the same problem with my other set of X1900 cards also. and even sent them both back to ATI and had them look at the cards. they said that the cards were fine. But the same thing was happening after I got the cards back from ATI. So it has to be something that I'm missing.

P

Protius

i had that problem when my slave card was overheating cuz the fan kept on reseting back to 22%

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Well I havent looked at any AAO screens but I know when I play GTL I see that effect in menu screen changes. The mode you are talking about is called Super Tiling. What level do you have the Catalyst AI at? Some games work better on Adv. some on Std. I have really only had issues with GT Legends and seen that. In AAO specifically are you running Trilinear Filter in the game? I have no issue with AAO in CF and run it at 1600x1200, 4xAA 16xAF in the CCC(AI Adv.)and all in game settings to max with Trilinear unchecked. It basically runs at whatever FPS I set the cap at

DeadZombie

Thanks Instag8r.. I'll give then settings a shot and see what it does for me.