• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Chieftec Nitro SPS-750C 750 W

Processor W3520 Xeon
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth X58
Cooling Cool it Vantage
Memory 6gb Dominators
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Storage 60Gb Vertex II 500Gb storage
Display(s) LG 42LH40 42" 1080P
Case 932 HAF
Audio Device(s) Voices in my head
Power Supply Raidmax730/
Software Win7Pro64
Benchmark Scores Pretty High one's. but it's not a contest/ I just read them for the articles.
Because of that before the rating I give a full analysis on the PSU. So anyone can decide whether he will buy it or not. In my opinion it deserved 80% for others not. Unfortunately I cannot rate according to what anyone else wants but judging on my personal opinion.

That's fine and was all i asked... why did you think it was worth 8/10 will all of the potential this product has to fail and possible hurt somone... personally i would have contacted the Manf. and requested another sample to let them prove it was a fluke or something but maybe you did that or didn't have time since you only had the product for a week. :toast:

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Because of that before the rating I give a full analysis on the PSU. So anyone can decide whether he will buy it or not. In my opinion it deserved 80% for others not. Unfortunately I cannot rate according to what anyone else wants but judging on my personal opinion.

Thats honest! I don't doubt your opinion on if it was pre-release or why you rated 8/10. The review just seemed to hint at issue, but then don't get addressed properly whether I should overlook said issues.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I think you need to step away and let crmaris handle gary's inquisitions into his work. Take this as a warning that you don't have any place to continue your gary cant read troll!

Seriously?!? he is just asking the same questions over again, and repeating the same argument over again despite being told several times by me and crmaris that his argument is wrong. He is making claims that aren't true, and insulting me when I correct him. I'm not the one trolling when I'm providing the correct information and Gary isn't. How many times did he bitch about exposed wires, and how many times have we told him there weren't any, the heatshrink was removed by crmaris? Gary is a god damn troll, not me, if he won't listen to two people, including the person that wrote the review, telling him he is wrong several times. And flinging insults when correct just adds to his troll status.

Buy hey, if you feel the need to give infractions to the one posting the correct information and not the one aruging that correct information and insulting others, do what you got to do I guess.

Last edited:

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
@crmaris great review

@newtekie crawl back in your moms pouch we dont need your incessive bullshit everytime someone points something out you dont agree with.

@garyinhere good to see your alive last i heard you were living in a compound in pakistan hiding from the government.

@sneekypeet you be home this weekend?

guys please no need to argue and insult each other for a plain PSU. Point taken and I respect everyones opinion and thank you all for your critics. The main conclusion here is that Chieftec should look into this ASAP and avoid the possibility to ship PSUs with this quality to consumers.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
My issue with this review is - why bother reviewing a preproduction version of a product? The production version will almost certainly be different from this unit, so the review ends up being effectively useless since it's not reviewing what customers will actually be buying.

I know you have to keep the manufacturers happy but let's be honest, this PSU is a POS that I would not trust in my computer (even if it doesn't catch fire, the 3.3v connection will probably fail eventually and then I will need a new PSU).

Giving this thing 80% implies it's a good product which is quite simply, not true. If Chieftec marketed this unit as "80% score from techPowerUp!" and the actual production PSUs have similar build issues as this sample, TPU's reputation as a hardware reviewer would be ruined.

I strongly recommend that you retract this review (or at least, remove the score because of the fact that it's a preview unit) and send the PSU back to Chieftec. At the same time, tell them to not waste your time with pre-production units, especially units that are as poor quality as this one.

Maybe that means you don't get a Chieftec PSU to review again - but if Chieftec is petty enough to do that, the hardware community deserves to know they are happy to supply inferior products, and hence stay away from this brand. If Chieftec have any pride in their products, they should send you a production PSU from this range (to review properly) and an apology.

Eric_On_Web

System Name Cougars Seeker
Processor Intel Tualatin 1.26gig 512k FSB133
Motherboard ECS P6STMT skt370 FSB133
Cooling Intel Stock Fan + HS
Memory PC133 Sync 640megs
Video Card(s) GeForce FX5200 PCI 256megs / Onboard FXcel 133mhz 64megs SiS630ET
Storage 20 gigs
Display(s) LG W2242TQ
Case Generic
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Random 425w
Software XP Pro 32bits Corporate
At that price and that review i would go for a CoolerMaster eXtreme Power plus 700w. Don't know what other would say but thats my idea. Ok the CM is not modular but the quality of the Seventeam seems to be better.

System Name "That computer next to my desk"
Processor Intel Core i5 - 12600K
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI D4
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX PC3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070
Storage Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe 1TB + 2TB Seagate SSHD + 4TB External Seagate HDD
Display(s) BenQ RL2755HM 27"
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Black
Audio Device(s) On board codec
Power Supply Corsair RM650i
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei Raw
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 350
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores The scouter says it's over 9000
It's really too bad, because their other Nitros (BPS series) seem quite decent. Let's hope they improve on this. That being said, I've built a number of rigs with Chieftec PSUs for friends/colleagues (from the older modular CWT based "Super" series mind you) and none of those have had PSU related issues.