• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Claw Machine Case Mod

Hi All, it's been a long time since I posted here! However I'm back once again and this time I'm doing a new build for my 2 daughters. This is something a little different (for me at least), I'm working with wood on this build and have minimal tools nor previous history working with wood so I'm learning on the go and finding ways to make things work with what I have... After all, I do like to be the guy who shows modding doesn't need the most expensive tools or knowledge to get things done, as long as you have a passion and willing to learn with a lot of paitence too. My work space hasn't changed over the years either, I'm still mostly working from a small shed and the garden space so need the weather to be on my side for any obvious progress to be made, anyways let's get started shall we.

The case I'm working with is the beautiful Tower 100 and motherboard is the Aorus B450 I Pro Wifi
[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/crfUamE.jpg)

I made a base for the tower to stand on, I made with a little recess so the tower actually sits in the base to help it blend, maybe I used a little too think of wood here? But I wanted to make sure the base is strong enough to hold the weight long term. this will be used by 2 kids afterall.

Cutting some parts for the roof, none of this cutting is all that easy with a cheap jigsaw but it's possible, nothing a little refining and wood glue won't be able to fix.

When an arcade machine goes wrong there's usually a door with a lock and key for the staff to access... Gotta have that!

What having 2 young girls does to you...

First coat goes on

And another

A quick mock up whilst I wait for the weather to brighten up.

Now, sadly, I was expecting a delivery of the claw hand and arcade stick with a few other bits & bobs but I've just had to request a refund, I can't seem to find any UK/Euro stock for the claw hand either so I may be waiting longer than I'd like, however I'll post here once I can provide another update, During this time I'm going to go back to the base and refine that a little more, hide the screw holes with wood filler and other little tweaks.

System Name Howling_Fjord
Processor Intel Xeon E5 2640 v3 @ 3398.39 MHz
Motherboard Huananzhi X99-F8
Cooling Cooler Master MasterAir MA410P, Fans Corsair AF120
Memory 16Gb (2x8) Micron Technology + 32Gb (2x16Gb) P/N: atermiter
Video Card(s) AMD Sapphire TOXIC R9 280X OC, EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
Storage SSD NVMe 250Gb +NVMe 1Tb + 2x 2Tb HDD+ SSD 1TB KingDian +SSD 240Gb
Display(s) Samsung 7.2 inches (18.3 cm) / 1280 x 720 pixels @ 23-60 Hz
Case Mymax Full Tower Horus black
Audio Device(s) -
Power Supply Cougar Gx 800W 80Plus Gold
Mouse -
Keyboard -
Software Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Enterprise LTSB 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/h7nzby https://gpuscore.top/furmark/show.php?id=328097
Hi All, it's been a long time since I posted here! However I'm back once again and this time I'm doing a new build for my 2 daughters. This is something a little different (for me at least), I'm working with wood on this build and have minimal tools nor previous history working with wood so I'm learning on the go and finding ways to make things work with what I have... After all, I do like to be the guy who shows modding doesn't need the most expensive tools or knowledge to get things done, as long as you have a passion and willing to learn with a lot of paitence too. My work space hasn't changed over the years either, I'm still mostly working from a small shed and the garden space so need the weather to be on my side for any obvious progress to be made, anyways let's get started shall we.

The case I'm working with is the beautiful Tower 100 and motherboard is the Aorus B450 I Pro Wifi
[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/crfUamE.jpg)

I made a base for the tower to stand on, I made with a little recess so the tower actually sits in the base to help it blend, maybe I used a little too think of wood here? But I wanted to make sure the base is strong enough to hold the weight long term. this will be used by 2 kids afterall.

Cutting some parts for the roof, none of this cutting is all that easy with a cheap jigsaw but it's possible, nothing a little refining and wood glue won't be able to fix.

When an arcade machine goes wrong there's usually a door with a lock and key for the staff to access... Gotta have that!

First coat goes on

And another

A quick mock up whilst I wait for the weather to brighten up.

Now, sadly, I was expecting a delivery of the claw hand and arcade stick with a few other bits & bobs but I've just had to request a refund, I can't seem to find any UK/Euro stock for the claw hand either so I may be waiting longer than I'd like, however I'll post here once I can provide another update, During this time I'm going to go back to the base and refine that a little more, hide the screw holes with wood filler and other little tweaks.
That ended up pretty good, what is the claw design?

That ended up pretty good, what is the claw design?
I realise I mised a few things out so I'll cover what else what I'm adding. I'll be using a genuine claw hand, with arcade stick and buttons that will be added to extra mounting on the front of the base, a coin entry slot, adding a door for the prize hole, air vents in the back base and roof.

System Name Howling_Fjord
Processor Intel Xeon E5 2640 v3 @ 3398.39 MHz
Motherboard Huananzhi X99-F8
Cooling Cooler Master MasterAir MA410P, Fans Corsair AF120
Memory 16Gb (2x8) Micron Technology + 32Gb (2x16Gb) P/N: atermiter
Video Card(s) AMD Sapphire TOXIC R9 280X OC, EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
Storage SSD NVMe 250Gb +NVMe 1Tb + 2x 2Tb HDD+ SSD 1TB KingDian +SSD 240Gb
Display(s) Samsung 7.2 inches (18.3 cm) / 1280 x 720 pixels @ 23-60 Hz
Case Mymax Full Tower Horus black
Audio Device(s) -
Power Supply Cougar Gx 800W 80Plus Gold
Mouse -
Keyboard -
Software Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Enterprise LTSB 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/h7nzby https://gpuscore.top/furmark/show.php?id=328097
I realise I mised a few things out so I'll cover what else what I'm adding. I'll be using a genuine claw hand, with arcade stick and buttons that will be added to extra mounting on the front of the base, a coin entry slot, adding a door for the prize hole, air vents in the back base and roof.

Do you have a cad model of it? So we can picture it better?
Nice project, wish I could do something like this.

System Name serenity now/Faithul Eight
Processor Amd 2400g/Amd 3800x
Motherboard Asrock ab350m Pro 4/Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling CM Masterair G100M/Wraith
Memory G.skill 2x4gb 3200/2x16 gb 3600 G.skill
Video Card(s) igpu vega 11/3070 oc Palit
Storage Apacer pcie ssd 240 gb/Adata 512gb nvme
Display(s) 50" LG 4k hdr
Case scratch build
Power Supply inter tech 650w 80+bronze/850 phantex pro
Software Ubuntu bionic beaver 18.04 lts/W10
Hey man , as far as a father thing goes is it elaborate ruse to get some of the pocket money back? :D Just kiddin' looks like fun project , keep on modding ,cheers.

Do you have a cad model of it? So we can picture it better?
Nice project, wish I could do something like this.
That I don't, I have all the software on the other rig which isn't running as I've had the GPU in bits for painting and it needs re doing imo so the rig won't be together anytime soon (not the right weather), the best I can give you right now is this crazy thing I just found on the internet, to be fair it's not a bad example at all.

Hey man , as far as a father thing goes is it elaborate ruse to get some of the pocket money back? :D Just kiddin' looks like fun project , keep on modding ,cheers.
Pretty much the only way I see a return. :laugh:

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
This is exactly what those Tt Towers remind me of.

This is exactly what those Tt Towers remind me of.
This is nice to hear, most people I've asked what the stock case looks like tend to say a popcorn machine. I've seen plenty of case mods of that style though so I tried to go a little different, personally I've never saw a claw machine case mod.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
This is nice to hear, most people I've asked what the stock case looks like tend to say a popcorn machine. I've seen plenty of case mods of that style though so I tried to go a little different, personally I've never saw a claw machine case mod.

Good on you for being different! :)

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Wow.. this thing is pretty cool! Good job man!

This made me laugh because I have two young boys :D:D

Awesome job :cool:

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Build came out amazing! :clap: