• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CM Storm Speed-RX Mouse Mats

CM Storm's gaming product portfolio just got expanded with the release of the Speed-RX cloth mats. The mats feature a new high performance surface and have a hefty 5 mm thick rubber base. The mat is available in three different sizes and costs $19.99.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

evulmunk33

BitFenix Rep
i LOVE our speed-RX mousepads, so smooth... :)
i tend to feel some uncomfortable wrist resistance with cloth mousepads... my mouse glides fine, but my wrist feels uncomfortable rubbing against it... but these pads are really smooth...

definitely one of my favorite products from us :D
we are working on more mousepads btw, if anybody has a suggestions let me know!

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
the pad looks smooth and full so that price get paid

Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHZ (2X16GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GTX1080ti Super JetStream 11GB
Storage Trandscend 370s 256GB / WD Caviar Black 2+1TB
Display(s) Acer XB270HU 144hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S White
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X 1000W 80 Plus Gold
i LOVE our speed-RX mousepads, so smooth... :)
i tend to feel some uncomfortable wrist resistance with cloth mousepads... my mouse glides fine, but my wrist feels uncomfortable rubbing against it... but these pads are really smooth...

definitely one of my favorite products from us :D
we are working on more mousepads btw, if anybody has a suggestions let me know!

We need more cool graphics!!

System Name this_is_so_leet_it_needs_no_name
Processor Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus P8 P67-M Pro
Cooling MUX-120 with Dual Fan
Memory Samsung Memory DDR3 2133 Overclocked (non LP)
Video Card(s) XFX ATI/AMD 5870 1gb @ [tbc]
Storage 2*2tb Samsung Raid 0 + 64gb Kingston SSD
Display(s) BenQ G2420HDBL LED monitor
Case Lian Li PC-60 old skool alu case
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX/XD PCI-Express (great)
Power Supply Corsair 650 TX
Software Win 7 64bit
Seems to be even cheaper in the uk, around £8.50 + del for the medium. I will wait until I am ordering more so I can get free shipping, but it's on my list!

I use the older CM Storm CSX BATTLE PAD DP (Cooler Master SGS-6000-KSX-1)
It works fine with my Steelseries Kinzu (optical mouse) and its also a 5mm thick pad at 450 x 350 mm. Im a fan of the plain black look with just the logo in the corner.

This one sounds a lot like that one but improved slightly.

Great Review!

evulmunk33

BitFenix Rep
We need more cool graphics!!
you mean on the mousepad?
despite of what everybody says, even low contrast prints on mousepads DO impact mouse sensor tracking... in most cases it doesnt matter and the mouse still tracks fine, but... why risk causing problems? just to have some cool icon on the mousepad? mhhh

maybe in the future we will make a series with cool icons instead of focusing on performance only... what kind of graphics would you like to see?

I use the older CM Storm CSX BATTLE PAD DP (Cooler Master SGS-6000-KSX-1)
It works fine with my Steelseries Kinzu (optical mouse) and its also a 5mm thick pad at 450 x 350 mm. Im a fan of the plain black look with just the logo in the corner.

This one sounds a lot like that one but improved slightly.
Great Review!
DP or H2?
http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/surfaces/

yeah i like those older ones too...
but these new ones are really notably better... i dont know if its worth upgrading for you, but for me it was...
and i think id even have upgraded if id have had to pay for it hehe :D
at least in my opinion... the new bonding process makes the edges more durable and the top layer is woven really really fine, and soooooo smooth...

when playing games i actually use the BattlePad SSK right now...
im used to hard surfaces cause i used to play on my desk without a surface for a long time hehe... like frederik said, for high sensitivity hard pads feel more accurate... but im going to try a soft one now.

not because of tracking, its probably going to be the same or slightly less accurate... BUT, with the hard pad my wrist feels uncomfortable and hurts after some time, these thick soft rubber base pads are more comfortable... im using one at work and the skin on my wrist is softer and not as thick as before, and it doesnt feel uncomfortable anymore like it used to every once in a while :)

System Name Simon
Processor Core i7 5820K @ 4.4GHz @1.25v core, 1.9v input, 1.12v system agent, 0.9v cache - 24/7 & P95 stable
Motherboard ASUS X99 Deluxe U3.1, BIOS 3101
Cooling Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Corsair ML140 Pro Red LED, exhaust @ top panel
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x 8GB 2666 MHz 16, 18, 18, 35, 2T (Stock)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X (OC BIOS), +60 MHz GPU, +450 MHz Memory
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500 Gb, WD Green + White Label, total 17 TB
Display(s) 3x Samsung CFG73 (24" 1920x1080, 144Hz) in 2D Surround, LG C7 OLED TV (55", 4K, 60Hz)
Case Corsair 760T + Corsair SP120 Perf.Ed. + 3x ML 140 Pro Red + DEMCI Dust Filter Kit + DeepCool RGB LED
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Z, Topping E30 + SMSL SP200, Hifiman 4XX, beyerdynamic 770 250Ω, Audeze iSine 10, HD6xx
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i + APC BackUPS RS1500 (modded w/ 130 AH Kung Long Batteries) + APC Smart UPS SUA1500i
Mouse Razer Naga Chroma + Reflex Lab Extended Mouse Pad + Xbox One S Controller + 3 x Xbox 360 Controllers
Keyboard Corsiar K70 RGB (2016 Edition) Cherry Mx Red w/ custom Arabic-legend shine-through keycaps
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - ver. 20H2
Benchmark Scores Onkyo TX-NR626 AV Receiver, speakers: 4x Yamaha NS-M325 + Yamaha NS-C3290 + Proson Libre Sub 8.1
So what mousepad do you guys recommend for a g700?

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
I just gotta say...keep up the good work CM. Just bought the Storm Sirus. Very very happy with it. Quality is fantastic. Same as my Storm Sniper case. Gonna be strongly considering these pads too along with a new mouse and keyboard.

evulmunk33

BitFenix Rep
So what mousepad do you guys recommend for a g700?
it uses an avago 9500 laser sensor as far as i know, so compatibility with mousepads shouldnt be an issue...

its all up to personal preference then... :)
try to find a shop that lets you try different mousepads, or maybe an internet cafe to try different mousepads... or try the mousepads your buddies are using...

there are essentially 3 types of mousepads:

hard
hard mousepads have solid surfaces made out of plastic or sometimes even metal or glass
like frederik explained, they are great for high sensitivity (high dpi) players who dont move the mouse around a lot. since the surface is solid, you can maneuver the mouse around very accurately. they have the lowest glide resistance as well as far as i know.
they are not comfortable though, especially after long use...

soft
soft mousepads tend to have a rubber core with a fabric glued to the top.
the thickness of the rubber varies a lot, and so does the consistency of the rubber, some are very spongy, others rather hard, and some dont have a rubber core at all.
the facric widely varies as well, its usually synthetic but some actually use cotton.
some use a very fine mesh, others rough... some fibres are very slick and smooth and result in low friction, others are very rough and "furry" :D

hybrid
hybrid mousepads are flexible and provide some sort of wrist support, but have a hard surface that gives them a nice low friction glide

I just gotta say...keep up the good work CM. Just bought the Storm Sirus. Very very happy with it. Quality is fantastic. Same as my Storm Sniper case. Gonna be strongly considering these pads too along with a new mouse and keyboard.
im not a big fan of some of our products, but yeah, sniper and sirus and these mousepads are awesome... trooper is sweet too...and i really like trigger and quickfire rapid as well... they arent perfect, but pretty damn awesome considering these are our first headset and 2 keyboards :D

evulmunk33

BitFenix Rep
oh one more word of advice, if you look for soft mousepads, definitely check the corners...
if you can see obvious glue marks or can even pull the layers apart, this mousepad wont last long, and the corners will ever start curling or the fabric layer comes off... some might even develop bubbles in the center...