• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

COD: Black Ops... PC vs 360

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Will Black Ops allow you to go off line and play
LAN in your home on one account like COD 4 and W@W did ?
That will be the selling point for me. If not I'll wait for
BF Vietnam and Battlefield 3.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Okay so I for one am pretty amped up for this release… However I face a dilemma. I just started PC gaming again and I’m torn if I should get this for the 360 or pc. Problem is that all my friends only play 360 and I know I’m going to want to play with them at some point. I just invested a bunch of cash to get this gaming system so I want to take advantage of it. Plus I like shooters better on PC… (as far as controls and feel).

Does anybody else game on both systems? What will you favor for this game?

To be fair, your asking this question in the wrong place. This is a PC hardware forum and being a console gamer on here like having herpes.....you just dont admit it :D

Seriously, Black Ops will surely run better on the PC and FPS titles are far more suited to the PC. BUT, if ALL of your friends own 360's, you would be mad not to join them! Its always much more fun to blast your friends in the face with a shotgun, compared to some random idiot on the net :)

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
That i got to agree with,if you got friends that play on pc or you made friends on pc from internet great perhaps join them,mind you i play most of my games on pc with my cousin and brother and my clan mates but if you have lot of friends on console then i would go for console for the enjoyment and laughs.

mdsx1950

System Name Knight-X
Processor Intel Core i7-980X [4.2Ghz]
Motherboard ASUS P6T7 WS
Cooling CORSAIR Hydro H70 + 2x CM 2000RPM 120mm LED Fans
Memory Corsair DOMINATOR-GT 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR3 2000MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon HD6970 2GB CrossFire [PhysX - EVGA GTX260(216SP) 896MB]
Storage 2x Corsair Perf. 512GB | OCZ Colossus 1TB | 2xOCZ Agilities 120GB SSDs
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp™ 3008WFP [2560x1600]
Case Cooler Master HAF-X + NZXT Temp LCD
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X | ONKYO HTS9100THX 7.1
Power Supply Silverstone ST1500 1500W [80 PLUS Silver]
Software Windows 7 Ultimate X64 (Build 7600)
Benchmark Scores Heaven 2.0 with Extreme Tessellation at 1080p - 96FPS
PC FTW.

FPS on controllers suck. Your much better off getting it for PC. :)

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
I would get it for the 360 bro, as you have your actual friends on there instead of randoms on PC, not that its bad but it just feels so much better gaming with your mates that you actually know:toast: plus hacks & aimbots ruin MP on PC:cry:

System Name TaichiTig
Processor i7 6800K
Motherboard ASRock X99 Taichi
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage SSD + Misc. HDDs in DrivePool
Display(s) BenQ PD3200U, Samsung C32HG70
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC404HD, LSR308, Shure SRH840, AKG K612, Etymotic HF5
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Deck Legend Ice Tactile
Software Win10
Suggest to your friends that they switch to PC gaming. Keep the ones who agree; sell the rest along with their 360s and use the proceeds to upgrade your computer.

AltecV1

Processor C2D E8400@3.6 ghz
Motherboard ASUS P5KPL-AM
Cooling Freezer 7 pro
Memory Kingston 4GB 800Mhz cl6
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4850 700/1000 + Accelero S1 Rev. 2
Storage WD 250 GB AAKS
Display(s) 22" Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
Audio Device(s) int.
Power Supply Forton Blue Storm II 500W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
friends are overrated !!! they do the same thing as any other person online- SHOOT TILL YOU DIE :pimp:

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Console. The only arguments that people have are that mouse is better than a controller: bull. The problem is, people think of casuals when they say that. A GOOD gamer with a controller can keep up with anyone with a mouse/keyboard. When they have a properly customized controller with the thumbsticks matched to the correct height for their hand, it even narrows it more. Add mushroom top control sticks to an xbox360 controller, and he'll probably kick your pompous mouse-wielding ass. (I hate that MLG bans this sort of thing.)

As for graphics, meh youre still pointing at shiny things on a screen and pushing a button. In the heat of the action (which is the core of an fps) you wont care.

As for your friends, you'll have a hell of a better time with them than with randoms on the PC. I tend to play counter-strike and such only when I feel like absolute mindlessness. There is no order, no strategy, no system in PC shooters. Go in, point, shoot, hopefully shoot some more, die. Console (when you have a team) is a whole different ballgame. And that's without mentioning hacks and bots.

AltecV1

Processor C2D E8400@3.6 ghz
Motherboard ASUS P5KPL-AM
Cooling Freezer 7 pro
Memory Kingston 4GB 800Mhz cl6
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4850 700/1000 + Accelero S1 Rev. 2
Storage WD 250 GB AAKS
Display(s) 22" Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
Audio Device(s) int.
Power Supply Forton Blue Storm II 500W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Console. The only arguments that people have are that mouse is better than a controller: bull. The problem is, people think of casuals when they say that. A GOOD gamer with a controller can keep up with anyone with a mouse/keyboard. When they have a properly customized controller with the thumbsticks matched to the correct height for their hand, it even narrows it more. Add mushroom top control sticks to an xbox360 controller, and he'll probably kick your pompous mouse-wielding ass. (I hate that MLG bans this sort of thing.)

As for graphics, meh youre still pointing at shiny things on a screen and pushing a button. In the heat of the action (which is the core of an fps) you wont care.

As for your friends, you'll have a hell of a better time with them than with randoms on the PC. I tend to play counter-strike and such only when I feel like absolute mindlessness. There is no order, no strategy, no system in PC shooters. Go in, point, shoot, hopefully shoot some more, die. Console (when you have a team) is a whole different ballgame. And that's without mentioning hacks and bots.

Stak

System Name nGigabyte GTX-58 Blue Flash
Processor Intel Core I7 920 @3.885 (3.7 with turbo)
Motherboard Gigayte EX-58 UD3R
Cooling Scythe Mugen 2
Memory Kingston Value Ram DDR3 @1800 Mhz 6Gb
Video Card(s) MSI N470GTX OC 751/1501
Storage WD 640 GB 7200 rpm
Display(s) LG Flatron LW207
Case Antec 902 with cooler master extra side panel fan(blue led)
Audio Device(s) on board HD
Power Supply Cooler Master gold 800W
Software Win 7 64 bit
Benchmark Scores Above avg
System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.

casual swift

System Name My Little Guy
Processor Intel i5 750 Quad Core @ 2.67Ghz
Motherboard Asus p7p55d
Cooling Fan Cooled
Memory 4gb Crosair xms-3 DDR3 Ram
Video Card(s) XFX HD5870 XXX Edition
Storage 500GB HDD
Display(s) Samsung 23" 1920x1080p
Case Antec 900
Power Supply Galaxy 1000w
Software Windows Vista 64bit
Well it sounds like console is going to win here. Now I need to find a staple online shooter for pc. Right now I'm enjoying left 4 dead 2, but that's going to phase out.

System Name TaichiTig
Processor i7 6800K
Motherboard ASRock X99 Taichi
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage SSD + Misc. HDDs in DrivePool
Display(s) BenQ PD3200U, Samsung C32HG70
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC404HD, LSR308, Shure SRH840, AKG K612, Etymotic HF5
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Deck Legend Ice Tactile
Software Win10
^^ It's hard to beat the vast player community and fun of good ol' CoD4 IMO.

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882

Keep thinking that

In an attempt to highlight the superiority of the PC platform, Sood wrote, "Personally I wish it would have stayed the course. I've heard from reliable sources that during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.

"The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative. Is this why the project was killed[?] Who knows, but I'd love to hear from anyone involved --- what happened? You simply don't get the same level of detail or control as you do with a PC over a console. It's a real shame that Microsoft killed this."

source- http://spong.com/article/21938/Rumour-Console-Gamers-Killed-360-vs-PC-Cross-Platform-Play

mdsx1950

System Name Knight-X
Processor Intel Core i7-980X [4.2Ghz]
Motherboard ASUS P6T7 WS
Cooling CORSAIR Hydro H70 + 2x CM 2000RPM 120mm LED Fans
Memory Corsair DOMINATOR-GT 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR3 2000MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon HD6970 2GB CrossFire [PhysX - EVGA GTX260(216SP) 896MB]
Storage 2x Corsair Perf. 512GB | OCZ Colossus 1TB | 2xOCZ Agilities 120GB SSDs
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp™ 3008WFP [2560x1600]
Case Cooler Master HAF-X + NZXT Temp LCD
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X | ONKYO HTS9100THX 7.1
Power Supply Silverstone ST1500 1500W [80 PLUS Silver]
Software Windows 7 Ultimate X64 (Build 7600)
Benchmark Scores Heaven 2.0 with Extreme Tessellation at 1080p - 96FPS
friends are overrated !!! they do the same thing as any other person online- SHOOT TILL YOU DIE :pimp:

True but that's why you gotta kick their ass :p

Well as much as i would like to play PC with some of my new TPU friends i am getting BO for the 360. and will be there for BO all day.. Names GeistHund20 (gamertag) send me an invite im playing MW2 until BO comes out.

I am not a fan of private quick scope matches so dont ever ask me to join one.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!

Did somebody have crack for breakfast today? :D

In all seriousness, Im a console gamer but I admit that a pro PC gamer would rape a pro console gamer all day long on an FPS title if it was a PC gamer with mouse/keyboard combo and console gamer with a control pad! The guy on the PC has a MASSIVE advantage. Obviously, if you put a control pad in a PC gamers hand, he will fail @ FPS titles. TBH, I bet my 7 year old son would DESTROY most PC FPS elites if it was a control pad vs control pad setup (on CoD Modern Warfare 2). But if you turn the tables and make it a mouse/keyboard combo vs mouse/keyboard combo scenario, he would get CREAMED!!!

But, in this case, the TS should get the game on the 360 so he can frag with his friends, not random strangers.

PS: agree with you about the f*cking hackers on PC FPS titles :(

Last edited:
System Name Bandit 2: Ryzen Boogaloo
Processor AMD R5 3600X
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Stock
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB @ 3200
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 5700XT
Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 500GB; Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Display(s) Viotek GN32Q
Case Fractal Design Define C
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 10 Professional
Did somebody have crack for breakfast today? :D

In all seriousness, Im a console gamer but I admit that a pro PC gamer would rape a pro console gamer all day long on an FPS title if it was a PC gamer with mouse/keyboard combo and console gamer with a control pad! The guy on the PC has a MASSIVE advantage. Obviously, if you put a control pad in a PC gamers hand, he will fail @ FPS titles. TBH, I bet my 7 year old son would DESTROY most PC FPS elites if it was a control pad vs control pad setup (on CoD Modern Warfare 2). But if you turn the tables and make it a mouse/keyboard combo vs mouse/keyboard combo scenario, he would get CREAMED!!!

But, in this case, the TS should get the game on the 360 so he can frag with his friends, not random strangers.

PS: agree with you about the f*cking hackers on PC FPS titles :(

I agree with you that PC gamers suck when gaming on consoles, I'm a personal testament to that :laugh:.

I don't see how anyone thinks that a console gamer beats a computer gamer head to head. Twitch shooting is a whole lot easier with a mouse, ESPECIALLY if it's a trackball mouse.

I'd say stick to the 360 since all of your friends play on there. That's the only reason.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
I agree with you that PC gamers suck when gaming on consoles, I'm a personal testament to that :laugh:.

I don't see how anyone thinks that a console gamer beats a computer gamer head to head. Twitch shooting is a whole lot easier with a mouse, ESPECIALLY if it's a trackball mouse.

I'd say stick to the 360 since all of your friends play on there. That's the only reason.

Exactly! If someones used to playing FPS games on a PC with a mouse and keyboard, chance are they are probably going to be useless with a control pad and vice versa for those that are used to console only FPS gaming.

I had a go on Modern Warfare 2 on a m8s PC the other day and I sucked! Its been a few years since I used to PC game :(

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Personally, if I was ever to even play COD again, it would be on console, it's Activisions target market. The games too stupid on PC, too much madness, or less players per map.

Exactly! If someones used to playing FPS games on a PC with a mouse and keyboard, chance are they are probably going to be useless with a control pad and vice versa for those that are used to console only FPS gaming.

I had a go on Modern Warfare 2 on a m8s PC the other day and I sucked! Its been a few years since I used to PC game :(

Maybe for some, but in BC2, console or PC, I'll be up top all day long.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Personally, if I was ever to even play COD again, it would be on console, it's Activisions target market. The games too stupid on PC, too much madness, or less players per map.

Maybe for some, but in BC2, console or PC, I'll be up top all day long.

Of course, their are some that are used to pads also ;)

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Of course, their are some that are used to pads also ;)

Yeah, but I still hate it. I was rocking BC2 on PS3 beta, and had about the same statistics as I have on the PC version. But as soon as I played it on PC, I tried PS3 again, and it pissed me off, every single time I would see someone coming up in my perifial vision and I would go to turn, but it turns too slow and I get shot or stabbed. On PC I crank my cam, if they are far out I shoot them, if they are close I side step the knife and sink mine in. Playing on console it aggravates me when I see it coming, but its the console limiting what I can do.

System Name Bandit 2: Ryzen Boogaloo
Processor AMD R5 3600X
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Stock
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB @ 3200
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 5700XT
Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 500GB; Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Display(s) Viotek GN32Q
Case Fractal Design Define C
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 10 Professional
Yeah, but I still hate it. I was rocking BC2 on PS3 beta, and had about the same statistics as I have on the PC version. But as soon as I played it on PC, I tried PS3 again, and it pissed me off, every single time I would see someone coming up in my perifial vision and I would go to turn, but it turns too slow and I get shot or stabbed. On PC I crank my cam, if they are far out I shoot them, if they are close I side step the knife and sink mine in. Playing on console it aggravates me when I see it coming, but its the console limiting what I can do.

Yeah, it's really annoying to play console when you're more used to a mouse/keyboard. Must...turn...faster...and...stab. It's a lot easier to sabot round an airhead from about 500 yards away on the pc than on console.

jmcu

System Name CF800
Processor Intel 980x
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Extreme
Cooling Water 1 loop
Memory Dominator c 7 1600
Video Card(s) 2 X GTX480 @ 900/1800/2200
Storage RealSSD C300 SeriesSSD/300 GB WD VelociRaptor / WD Black 1 TB /
Display(s) 23" Samsung XL2370 LED / 19 " Samsung 931 LCD
Case 800d
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage 45300 http://tgyclan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=338
I would say PC is better , but all PC games get hacked up so quick it really wrecks the fun.