1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Codemasters Acquires Sega Racing Studio

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Apr 26, 2008.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Game publisher Codemasters yesterday announced plans to acquire Sega's UK Racing Studio. Previous owner Sega recently announced its intent to close the studio, citing a mandate to ensure each branch remained profitable. "In seizing this opportunity, we have created additional resources to escalate our plans in the racing segment," stated Codemasters chief executive Rod Cousens. "We hope to welcome more than 40 people to the company ... We have enjoyed the full co-operation of our friends at Sega in making this happen," he continued. "It is good business for Codemasters, an exciting prospect and there will be more to come as we are not content to stand still." Most likely both publishers will concentrate their development skills in releasing a new versions of the well known Codemasters' Colin McRae and Race Driver racing games.

Source: Shacknews

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    I have always been a Cosemasters fan. Blade of Darkness is so sweet and bloody. The Colin McRae (RIP) rally games are a thing of beauty. Good call Codemasters! :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. burtram

burtram

Thanks Received:
    good for codemasters, now maybe they can make a sega rally game that doesn't suck! i miss my arcade feeling rally game =(

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I still think of them as Gameshark clones... ;p

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    unless they are allowed to use the sega franchises like Daytona or sega rally i cannot see why they have purchased this company especially as the codemaster driving games are more popular, maybe they are planning a move into the game arcades.

10 Year Member at TPU