• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Codemasters F1 PC 2009 gets detailed !

W

wolf2009

I'm sure this must be very good news for all the F1 fans on PC :D

The last F1 game on PC was F1 Challenge 99-02 by EA Sports in 2003. It has been 6 long years. Sony had exclusive license to develop F1 games between 2003-2007 for which it paid $15 million. Thus while the PlayStation saw release of Formula 1 games, all other gaming devices were left wanting for a Formula 1 games all these years. At the end of 2007 Formula 1 demanded more money to renew its license, Sony said no. Enter Codemasters who picked up this license to add to their wide collection of racing games. After their recent successes with DIRT and GRID, and their long running and successful Colin McRae Rally series, Codemasters may just be the right people for the job........

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/?p=4386

System Name KOV
Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus Crosshair Hero VIII
Cooling H100i Cappellix White
Memory Corsair 3600kHz 32GB
Video Card(s) RX 7900XT
Storage Samsung 970 evo 500gb, Corsair 500gb ssd, 500GB 840 pro & 1TB samsung 980pro. M2.SSD 960 evo 250GB
Display(s) ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 165mhz, Dell S2721DGFA 27 Inch QHD 165mhz
Case Corsair 680x
Audio Device(s) ON Board and Hyper X cloud flight wireless headset and Bose speakers
Power Supply AX1200i Corsair
Mouse Logitech G502x plus lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL lightspeed and G13 gamepad
Software windows 11
Geoff Crammond F1 GP was still the best. There are editors out which they have last years spec'ed cars, awesome game

OnBoard

Processor Core i5-750 @ 3.6GHz 1.136V 24/7
Motherboard Gigabyte P55A-UD3, SATA 6Gbit/s & USB3.0 baby!
Cooling Alpenföhn Brocken HeatpipeDirectTouch
Memory Geil Ultra Series 4GB 2133MHz DDR3 @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-24
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC (mostly stock speeds)
Storage OS: Samsung F3 500GB Games: Samsung F1 640GB
Display(s) new! Samsung P2350 23" FullHD 2ms / Mirai DTL-632E500 32" LCD
Case new! Xigmatek Midgard/Utgard side window with red cathodes, 1x140mm & 3x120mm fans
Audio Device(s) new! ASUS Xonar DG & JVC HA-RX700 headphones
Power Supply Cougar CM 700W Modular
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Benchmark Scores Logitech UltraX Premium & G5 laser v2 + Ulti-mat Breathe X2 for fragging
Thanks for the info. I was most scared about it being too dumbed down, glad they went with the assistant route. They worked great on the F1 GP series and in GranTurismo series, (almost) every game should be like that.

Not moddable part sounds only bad part at the moment, but grand prix tracks should keep the interest quite a while and there is possibly reverse and maybe alternate courses.

Tyre wear and pitstops, oh what an awesome game GRiD would have been with them (and proper assist/no-assist balance). I'm in no way hard core simulation fan, ToCa was plenty fine with me. I just like tyre wear and pitstops that gives some tactical options to even a short race. Do you drive like a maniac, ruin your tyres and hope you made enough time to pit, or take it slow & steady with one set.

I also like car setup not so much in make it the fastest possible, but tune it so that it suits my driving style. There will always be faster drivers and those who have better setups, just hope that there is no setup cheat possible. Codemasters take their time with patches and that'll instantly ruin a not-setup game.

This time I seriously hope they listened to all our cries on GRiD forums and no-assist is faster than assisted car, like it should be (not other way around like in GRiD). More assists you put the more it should slow you down, but still keep both drivers competitive according to their skills.

Oh and most importantly proper online options and anti cheat/griefing measures from the start. It took way too long to get GRiD playable online, with missing options and ghosting wrong way drivers. Well there are always those who try to ruin the fun for others, but the less the better.

edit: a BIG plus would be rearview mirror to hood and bumber cams. I know that it's not realistic, but I'd rather be able to see someone coming from back tryin to pass than to steer to his side/him ram me and take both out.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
anybody wanting their f1 fix on pc now should google rfactor and its f1 mods as its the best way i have found for mine anywhere :D

nothing is better than taking a f1 car round the nurburgring :rockout:

thanks for the info bro, will read it now :toast: