• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

colored bars at startup?9800SE

Athlonion

Hi I have the Powercolor 9800SE And have used your softmodded drivers for a few weeks now.I have not noticed anything unusual (artifacts), until yesterday my wife said while starting up machine,some colored bars appeared.She did a restart and it went to the desktop and looked normal.I reinstalled the softmodded driver using driver cleaner.my picture seems fine.Have it set on performance now where it was on quality settings before.Also what bios settings do you recommend?and could that cause this?I have fast writes on...my machine seems to run faster and smoother on that.agp read and write is off in the bios.I did notice when i ran sandra 2005 that my 1st ram stick said cas2.5 -2nd was 3.0.sandra said my fsb max speed is 200x2.i'm at 202x2mhz.most options are on auto.i REALLY like the 8 pipelines but if i have to i'll go back to 4.:/By the way i get 15,500 on 3dmark 2001.

thanx

Last edited:

Frozen

Softmodded 9800SEs get this alot. Mine boots up with black lines everywhere sometimes. I dunno exactly what causes it, but it seems to be common. I wouldnt worry or change anything.

Athlonion

Thanx Frozen

Heythanx for the reply.I guess i'm runnin a little scared since i burned up a 9700 pro before.all because thermaltake volcano 7 was drawin hot air out (didn't realize).Had to replace mobo+cpu+vid-card.I'll leave it goin like it is and see what happens.definately gonna get a better fan though,the one they put on there is junk.