• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Comparative Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Do you play PC games on linux?

• Exclusively

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Occasionally, but still use Windows as a primary platform for gamig

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Only time-proven arena shooters. Gonna kick your ass in Xonotic!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I am considering to give it a try.

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Never. Linux is for work stuff and black magic rituals.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Other...

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Here's hoping they learned their lesson after the October update. Might've been a wakeup call.

I believe they re-released the 1809 and then took it down again?? I'm not sure they are learning at all.... I miss service packs for the OS's...

But I might give Linux a try with some gaming.. I believe Steam works well with Linux, so it'll be worth a go... :)

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
I believe they re-released the 1809 and then took it down again?? I'm not sure they are learning at all.... I miss service packs for the OS's...

But I might give Linux a try with some gaming.. I believe Steam works well with Linux, so it'll be worth a go... :)

I didn't hear they pulled it again.. but I haven't kept up. I have the copy that was re-released at the beginning of November. It works fine now afaik.