1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

computer freezes at windows logo.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by -1nf1n1ty-, Jun 21, 2009.

1. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    My computer is freezing a bunch when starting up at the windows logo it just stays there I left it on for a good 30 minutes. Anybody else that had this problem mind telling me how to fix this? I need my computer preeeeettty bad right now I have a project due

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Freezing a bunch when starting up? Has it been crashing recently? I'd say remove some ram and see if it gets in, are you getting bsod's or anything else? run a scandisk if possible (maybe try booting into safe mode, F8).

Does the windows logo just keep cycling or does the animation freeze? Generally when I had that issue something was unstable or an OC wasn't quite stable yet.

3. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    the animation freezes I've tried safe mode and I managed to get in perfectly. and so since it worked I restarted it in hopes that my computer will start feeling comfortable with my pc starting up etc, but it didnt so it keeps freezing at the animation. right now Imma try what you said and take out some ram and see how it works. and I'll make a second post.

also no BSOD's

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    K, also definately set it to run a scandisk next time you get in safemode so the next time you restart hopefully it'll take and fix whatever is wrong. I'd say something got bugged, maybe run malware/virus scans in safe mode too. Keep us posted man, hope you get it sorted.

:toast:

5. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    Try scanning disk. There was once i was using Windows XP, the logo just kept loading. After a force restart, during the logo loading my computer kept BSOD. A fresh format did the job though. But i've lost all my data files. I've also tried taking the hard disk and plugging it into another computer, but it kept prompting me to format when i double click it.

You could have a hard disk crash or OS problem.

-1nf1n1ty- says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  6. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    ok I fixed it, I made everything default in bios and I checked to see if it was ram and I just kept putting each in 1 by 1 and it eventually worked, it clocked my ram and cpu at ddr 532 and cpu at 1.5 ghz then I changed it back to its actually speeds and it finally got working. So what Imma do now is run virus scans, scanning disk defrag etc. just to make sure everything is ok, its weird cause this computer never really had problems before. thanks for the help guys

7. Agility

Agility

Thanks Received:
    Whatever you do, make sure you scan disk first. Your next boot up in overclock settings might revert the problem back to constant long loads. You might want to back up your important files first. I would recommend a format.

-1nf1n1ty- says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  8. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    memory, bad overclock, some sort of os fault itself

bad sector on hard drive, failing drive

9. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    My Win7 logo use to freeze right when the 3 dots start rotating. For a good 30-60 seconds. Then windows loads.

I changed my Graphic Card and it fixed the freezing logo.