• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Computex 2020 Postponed due to COVID-19 Outbreak

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel Xeon E5-1680v2
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X79
Cooling Intel AIO
Memory 8x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SC
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB + 2x WD RE 4TB HDD
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Case Fractal Define XL Black
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Uber/Sony CDP-XA20ES/Pioneer CT-656>Sony TA-F630ESD>Sennheiser HD600
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Except you are missing some perspective. So far, COVID19 has killed fewer people WORLDWIDE than the flu did in the same time in the USA alone.

It barely spread it's wings, and without the lockdowns it would overtake the flu death rate like it's nothing. And stop comparing it to the flu it's not even close to being the same.

However I do agree that panicking and over-reacting is idiotic and get's you nowhere.
But ignoring the warnings from nations which are hit by it and have first hand experience is foolish.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Hopefully world leaders will pull their heads out of the sand and/or there bums and make decisions that will actually have a positive effect.

I'm curious what you consider the best approach when you say that?

It barely spread it's wings, and without the lockdowns it would overtake the flu death rate like it's nothing.
Rubbish, it has spread everywhere. Lock-downs are useless.
And stop comparing it to the flu it's not even close to being the same.
I'm not comparing the symptoms, I'm comparing the mortality numbers, which are perfectly comparable. I could just as easily compare cancer and car accident numbers and the comparisons would still be perfectly valid as they demonstrate respective fatality percentages over time.
However I do agree that panicking and over-reacting is idiotic and get's you nowhere.
Keep your passive aggressive insults to yourself, they are not welcome.

I'm curious what you consider the best approach when you say that?
Education on proper personal hygiene, distribution of nose & mouth masks of a proper type which are proven effective as well as other personal sanitation products. Containment is not possible or effective at this late date! Proper personal sanitation is.

Last edited:
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Education on proper personal hygiene, distribution of nose & mouth masks of a proper type which are proven effective as well as other personal sanitation products. Containment is not possible or effective! Proper personal sanitation is.

Ah yes, but I agree on most of those, except the masks but we've been over those before. Still though, there are many, many countries in the world, even in wealthy ones, where a lot of social traffic is impossible doing what you suggest. Or, its simply impossible because the requirements for it are not readily available. Its a problem we can fix, but not quickly enough. We'll probably find some sort of vaccine or treatment earlier than that.

That is the current approach: search for cure, and until then, minimize the impact in whatever way possible. We're basically trying to hold out until a saviour comes. And regardless, those places that won't be able to adhere to personal hygiene or distancing sufficiently, are going to suffer the damage, still.

ARF

Postponed is the perfect word for it, as it has been postponed and not cancelled. There's nothing rude about it. Nothing scary about it. Postponed is a normal word in normal use across English speaking countries.

I think it was cancelled and then rescheduled which is the right word, amid positive signs that we don't need complete lock-down of Earth for so long.
It's backported again to reality in 2020 :)

Computex 2020 rescheduled to September

Computex Taipei 2020 event has been rescheduled to September 28th

Computex 2020 rescheduled to 28-30th September

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I think it was cancelled and then rescheduled which is the right word, amid positive signs that we don't need complete lock-down of Earth for so long.
It's backported again to reality in 2020 :)

Computex 2020 rescheduled to September

Computex Taipei 2020 event has been rescheduled to September 28th

Computex 2020 rescheduled to 28-30th September

Inb4 new outbreak this Fall

ARF

Inb4 new outbreak this Fall

It's damn sure better than letting it rip through everyone and ending up with a population which has a maximum age of 50. That is narrow-minded, selfish thinking.

And you don't have to lock down everything, if people wouldn't be so stupid and followed a few simple instructions you don't require drastic measures like total lock downs. (Japan is the example - and they have old population!)

The bad thing is that all the normal people will end with less rights and less wealth after this.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
The bad thing is that all the normal people will end with less rights and less wealth after this.

This was always going to be a lose-lose situation... Sometimes it just is. The only hope I have here is that something good may come out of it as well, and you see signs of this already. Not on a government level directly, but definitely there is a general shift towards a more social(ized) society now. We're starting to quickly realize how necessary social welfare really is and how we let it slide. But also the importance of other vital professions that have really been undervalued the past few decades.

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel Xeon E5-1680v2
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X79
Cooling Intel AIO
Memory 8x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SC
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB + 2x WD RE 4TB HDD
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Case Fractal Define XL Black
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Uber/Sony CDP-XA20ES/Pioneer CT-656>Sony TA-F630ESD>Sennheiser HD600
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Education on proper personal hygiene, distribution of nose & mouth masks of a proper type which are proven effective as well as other personal sanitation products. Containment is not possible or effective at this late date! Proper personal sanitation is.

So all you come up with is wear a mask and wash your hands? From all of your replies I would think you knew better.

IF the Chinese managed to stop the spreading they did it with a lock-down and it worked.

ARF

So all you come up with is wear a mask and wash your hands? From all of your replies I would think you knew better.

IF the Chinese managed to stop the spreading they did it with a lock-down and it worked.

Well, they are under so called "communist" rule which in its essence means less freedom for people to move. How all the Chinese went to Italy? Or how so many foreigners visit "communist" China?

This was always going to be a lose-lose situation... Sometimes it just is. The only hope I have here is that something good may come out of it as well, and you see signs of this already. Not on a government level directly, but definitely there is a general shift towards a more social(ized) society now. We're starting to quickly realize how necessary social welfare really is and how we let it slide. But also the importance of other vital professions that have really been undervalued the past few decades.

Well, but the main characteristics of the capitalism as a system is hyper-competitiveness which leads to envy in people and anti-social moods all the time.

It is very hard to implement China style quarantine in other countries on top of that I do not believe a single world of statistic coming from that country.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
It is very hard to implement China style quarantine in other countries on top of that I do not believe a single world of statistic coming from that country.

And this relates to the discussion you started, how exactly

And this relates to the discussion you started, how exactly
What are you mumbling about? I have not started this discussion.People refer to the statistics coming out of china, and I simply suggest take everything with a pinch of salt coming from that nation.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
What are you mumbling about? I have not started this discussion.People refer to the statistics coming out of china, and I simply suggest take everything with a pinch of salt coming from that nation.

Its just a continuation of baseless accusation, that is all. In another topic you got replied to doing that, and never responded, probably because the truth didn't suit your narrative.

Fact remains, there isn't a single country in the world right now with a truly accurate count. But the big numbers don't lie, when taken across the whole world. Not sure why China would be any different than a few dozen other totalitarian states and dictatorships.

Processor Intel Core i5 8400
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370N-Wifi
Cooling Silverstone AR05
Memory Micron Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Storage Micron Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) Dell U2415
Case Silverstone RVZ02B
Power Supply Silverstone SSR-SX550
Keyboard Ducky One Red Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro 1909
Its just a continuation of baseless accusation, that is all. In another topic you got replied to doing that, and never responded, probably because the truth didn't suit your narrative.

Fact remains, there isn't a single country in the world right now with a truly accurate count. But the big numbers don't lie, when taken across the whole world. Not sure why China would be any different than a few dozen other totalitarian states and dictatorships.
It's like a variation of Tourette's some people have these days. They just have to voice out how much they don't like China every once in a while.

The nation in question has all of you know, have detained and forced the first doctor who made the world aware of this disease. Unfortunately, due to circumstances we do not know, he contracted this disease, and a perfectly healtty young doctor have fallen. you can all be ignorant to this issue, but there is more. people whether most of you like it or not, have awoken about this nation, and its human records, child labour and hygiene. The wheels are turning.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
The nation in question has all of you know, have detained and forced the first doctor who made the world aware of this disease. Unfortunately, due to circumstances we do not know, he contracted this disease, and a perfectly healtty young doctor have fallen. you can all be ignorant to this issue, but there is more. people whether most of you like it or not, have awoken about this nation, and its human records, child labour and hygiene. The wheels are turning.

And yet the same country provides some highly valuable info at the same time. Funny how that works when in the meantime a US president is causing deaths with misinformation as well, recommending untested drug use as a cure and similar to China, downplaying the truth constantly. Choose your poison!

The anti China rhetoric has a time and place. This isnt it and if you think tables are turning you are correct. They turn in Chinas favor more than anything else...

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
The correct article title would be "Is Moved To September", not postponed because postpone despite having an accurate meaning is quite rude, still shocking and scary.

It should be over in several weeks. Just stay at home and don't move outside.
The disease should disappear in 14 days!
The news are very positive, all the major tech stocks are gaining the lost values today!

Data from China shows the majority of people with Covid-19 only suffer mild symptoms, then recover

Coronavirus:90% of Patients in China Recovered

No new cases reported in Wuhan in 24 hours - WHO
You should use more bolding. It will make your point better. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
And yet the same country provides some highly valuable info at the same time. Funny how that works when in the meantime a US president is causing deaths with misinformation as well, recommending untested drug use as a cure and similar to China, downplaying the truth constantly. Choose your poison!

The anti China rhetoric has a time and place. This isnt it and if you think tables are turning you are correct. They turn in Chinas favor more than anything else...
You are talking but all the talk is worth nothing. I talk facts never can be disputed. That is the simple inevitable truth that will never go away. Have a nice day. I'm done talking with unrational people.