• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Connect x800 Gto cant unlock

Neno

I used this way of unlocking http://www.techpowerup.com/articles//overclocking/vidcard/127/4 and i cant seem to get the card to unlock i do flashrom -f -p 0 connect.bin and the last line says 65000 of 65000 verified (something like that). Heres what the card looks like in atitools...
Thats after i tryed loading the connect3d16psamsung bin file and it never unlocks

Any kind of help would be great a thanks for looking at the post

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 559

5-Clicks

when you first enter DOS, type in "dir" (without quotation marks). many times the BIOS file is shortened and is something like connec~1.bin. also, try the Powercolor X800XT Samsung2.0 BIOS.

here's exactly what i typed in when i flashed (except for BIOS name):

flashrom -p 0 biosname.bin -f

oh, and you are using the "special" 16p unlock version of flashrom, right?

Neno

i remember were i got the flashron was at this site http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/827/2/page_2_modding_procedure/index.html i use that pack but changed the.bin file out with the one on techpowerup.
Once you said oh, and you are using the "special" 16p unlock version of flashrom, right
i thought hmm i should just use the one on techpowerup and BOOM worked so dont use the tweaktown.com bullshit

Thanks for the help oh btw there is no powercolor x800xt bios with samsung 2.0ns

5-Clicks

Neno said:
Thanks for the help oh btw there is no powercolor x800xt bios with samsung 2.0ns

no problem. :)

there is an X800XT BIOS w/ samsung 2.0ns on the BIOS database on this site:

:toast:

D

Dynamic

Neno,
If you got it to flash, let us know how your scores in 3DMark improved. Make sure you download and install the new Catalyst drivers, "5.11" also. If you use the CCC version of the drivers, make sure you put the Catalyst A.I. to "Advanced" since it gave me a 20point boost in 3DMark05. Good Luck!

Slayer

whoa my connect 3d x800gto can be modded to an x800xt?? if it can will it make a improvement even know i unlocked my 16 pipes?

5-Clicks

mine is flashed to that BIOS now. 16p. 600/500 oc. what i liked about it is that ATI tool now lets you go above 600 for core oc. :)

dirtymafia

5-Clicks said:
mine is flashed to that BIOS now. 16p. 600/500 oc. what i liked about it is that ATI tool now lets you go above 600 for core oc. :)

Your C3dx800gto is flashed to the powercolor x800XT w/ samsung 2.0ns bios? Is this different than the one listed in the unlock article? Is it allowing for higher clocks?

5-Clicks

i don't know if it's listed in the article, but i got it through the ATI BIOS collection that can be found on the home page of this site.

as for clocks, the 16p X800GTO BIOS was acting up. it would freeze at just above stock speeds. that very well could have been a driver issue, but i flashed to XT BIOS before i messed around with the drivers.

Neno just use MODIFIED flashrom and you will have 16 pipes ;) .