1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by hat, Oct 18, 2007.

1. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes i am, its the perfect cover and it explains the UFO sightings also

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. linktriscuit New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why don't you guys check out the pinky show on youtube? Several shows worth thinking about.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    secret base on mars controled by us army

4. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

That's all there is to know.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    The US Government created crack and AIDS in an attempt to target poor African Americans living in low income housing.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Deusxmachina

Deusxmachina New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Federal Reserve is one of the biggest scams ever put over the American people. It is more secretive than the CIA.

Er, I guess that's more a fact than a theory.

Let's try some a little less cut-and-dried...

Any "anti-gravity flying saucers" you see or hear about are man-made and were developed from ideas of Nikola Tesla 100 years ago.

Area 51 has never held anything even remotely suspicious. Area 52, however, has.

Bill and Hillary Clinton killed around 50 people.

European Union, North American Union, Amero, NWO.

ty_ger says thanks.
  7. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
  8. rampage

Thanks Received:
    moon landing a fake > go have a look at the latest mythbusters

The Egyptians had a greater understanding of the earth and solar system then we did 100 years ago, they even precise maps of the solar system and the planets even going out to Pluto (witch wasn’t discovered until 1920?)

The pyramids are an exact image of and aligned to "orians belt" in the sky same as the sphinx is aligned to "Leo" in the sky, even the myan? temples are alligned (to what i can’t rember) and all of these building are to an exact scale

with working out where the tunnels coming out of the gap pyramid were looking at they have worked out that it was looking at orions bels 10,500 years ago, this also works in with the sphinx and its weathering and alignment with leo and also the myan? temples match the same age bracket (i can’t rember how tho)

the egyptians even have a theory of how the astroid belt in our solar system come about (from planet X (cant rember what they called it) crashed into earth 4.5 billion years ago and makes a close pass every 3600 years (which is also links in to the ending of a age in many religions (eg the end of one star sign and the start of another (its got to do with the position of the star sign when the sun rises in the morning)

there is some freaky conspiracy shit right there

9. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    how is it a conspiracy?

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    Saddam Hussein was never killed, it was all shot in a movie studio and he's currently lying on a beach in mexico going by the name Juan biding his time to retake power

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    If this is a conspiracy theory, then there has to be moar to this...

12. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    on the moon landing being fake,

I partly agree, my arguements:

the soviets were the first to launch a satellite, launched the first space probe to land on the moon, launched the first deep space probe, the first probe to land on another planet, the first to send an animal into space, the first to send animals around the moon and back, the first to send a person into space, the first to send a woman into space, the first to orbit the earth, the first to orbit the moon and return, the first to perform a spacewalk, first to land a lunar rover, the first to construct a space station (1971) . . .

and amoungst all these "firsts," many times years ahead of the US performing the same accomplishment, the Soviet space program never made any concrete plans to attempt a moon landing.

and with the US so far behind, all of a sudden and out of nowhere, we pass by the soviet's 2 year lead on us? We didn't even orbit the moon until Dec 1968. In 7 months we managed to get to a point we could land on the moon? It just doesn't add up, IMO.

13. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi

Thanks Received:
    aids is man made

14. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:

No offense but if that is all your going on it's pretty weak. The hardest part is getting to the moon, the lander had already been in development years before it was actually used. Landing was the easier part. As for the Soviets never attempting to reach the moon you can read about the N1 Rocket. The United States also procured German rocket scientists who had worked on the V-1 and V-2 via operation paperclip after WWII. The most famous of these was, of course, Wernher Von Braun designer of the Saturn V rocket. The F-1 rocket motor that powered the Saturn V had already been test fired in 1959, one year before Kennedy made his famous speech declaring we would go to the Moon. The Soviets enjoyed an initial lead which allowed them to claim many firsts before the United States space program could catch up. Also you incorrectly stated that the Soviets were the first to orbit the Moon, but it was the United States. The Soviet Union never sent men to the moon, only unmanned probes.

Conspiracies only work on small scales involving at the very most a a few dozen loyal people. Beyond that you cannot count on people to not leak information or decide what they are doing is wrong. It would take hundreds if not thousands of people to maintain the fake moon landing hoax. The astronauts, the engineers, the politicians, the control room staff, and scientists from around the world would all have to be in on it. Reports, instrument readings, scientific studies, and information from ground tracking stations from countries around the world have to be tampered with. You would have to bring in a cadre of well trained special effects crews from Hollywood to fake pictures and video well enough to fool thousands of experts for over 40 years.

In my mind it would actually be easier to go to the moon then perpetuate a conspiracy of that magnitude.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
    10 Year Member at TPU
  15. ty_ger

Thanks Received:
    It's not all that much of a conspiracy. It is more of a fact; except that the death count was MUCH higher than that. Look into the Clinton blood scandel.

16. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    cant believe that no one has mentioned the chernobyl conspiracy.. which i believe is damn true because it falls into place.. chernobyl didn't randomly overheat and have its roof blown wide apart and started to leak radioactive material.. it was bombed by the us because some of its reactors were used to enrich plutonium.. which is damn possible but its one of the very nuclear power reactors in the world that has the capacity to enrich plutonium..

heres a video that puts it in perspective:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TlCBBFuZLw

17. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    A fighter jet flys into Soviet territory unnoticed?

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No they were Asguard cruisers from the SG-1 program.

10 Year Member at TPU
  19. From_Nowhere New Member

Thanks Received:
    No, those were our prototype X-302's.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  20. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Chernobyl used the very common RBMK reactor type. There were 17 of them built. Even if they were producing weapons grade material there one of the 16 other identical reactors could have done the same thing. So destroying one of them doesn't put a big enough dent in their output to justify an act of war especially since there were also designated military reactors that would output much more weapons grade material. Cost/benefit doesn't add up for me. The video was just a bunch of stock footage spliced together with the ramblings of an anonymous youtuber. Absolutely nothing to back his rather unimaginative claims, sounded like something from a B budget thriller.

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    one thing to consider if they where making weapons grade pultonium in there, it could have caused the explosion also. Mix up your enriched with your normal and auto meltdown

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, TBH, I wasn't trying to get too concise into things. Personally, I've fenceposted on the issue for a very long time. As much evidence as there is that proves all the landings did happen, there's the same amount of evidence suggesting it didn't.

Actually, I just caught the Mythbusters episode from this week on the DVR this evening. It's the episode where they debunked many of the conspiracy myths that have cropped up, i.e. the faked photos and videos, etc. My interpretation from what I saw in that episode, is that although they do debunk the myths that people have been using to claim the landings were fake, they've been able to prove that it's entirelly plausible that a small team of talented people could've pulled it off - the photos, the videos, the whole thing.

Now, I've never used any of the "photo evidence" or "video evidence" to attempt to prove the landings were fake. There are too many variables in and of itself there . . .

But, the one piece of evidence the show did bring up that pisses all over the conspiracy theoriests, was firing an extremelly high-powered lazer at retroflectors that were left behind by the lunar landings, and picking the reflected beam back at the source. That's extremelly hard evidence to refute, and has started to sway my opinion towards belief.

agreed here. TBH, there's no way in hell Chernobyl could've been an espionage incident. If so, why would the Soviet Union have spent so much time and effort immediately trying to cover it up? They didn't even make a formal acknowledgement of the incident until neighboring, neutral countries started having radiation-related issues, and started investigating where the source of the radiation had come from. Besides, even if it was the workings of US agents, I'm sure that info would've been uprooted quickly by the KGB, and it would've lead to all the progress we had made with Gorbachev, and his policies of Glasnost and Perestroika would've come down in a heartbeat. Plus, you can bet your ass it would've been considered an act of war by the USSR, and all the fears of the Cold War would've quickly come to fruitition.

No, Chernobyl was simply a careless, and devastating accident resulting from poor communication between the engineers working that day.

23. 1freedude

1freedude

Thanks Received:
    here you go...

the cole bombing in 2000 was known. a different ship was supposed to be refueled there. this ship had a couple thousand marines on board. at the 11th hour, the cole switched spots with the other boat. i think the brass had a little sympathy and didn't want to blow up THAT many servicemen.

24. Deusxmachina

Deusxmachina New Member

Thanks Received:
    "That's how a conspiracy works, son. The guys on the grassy knoll were dead within three hours, buried in unmarked graves out past Terlingua."

"And you know this for a fact?"

"Still got the shovel!"

:laugh: "Shooter" is such a good anti-establishment movie.