• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Contests

:) Hello all Teammembers of Team techPowerUp !,
:) Hello all Friends of Team techPowerUp !.

As since the Year 2009 , we want to build the CHARITY TEAM again !
I write to tell you that this year`s CHARITY CONTEST will crunch for RNA World .
The CHARITY CONTEST is a Joint Venture between Team L´Alliance Francophone and Team SETI.Germany , but the CHARITY TEAM , who will be founded a few days before the Contest Starts, by the Admins of L`AF and SG , runs on its own, so the credits archieved will only go to the CHARITY TEAM ACCOUNT .
We invite you to Crunch with us for 2 weeks together as the Temporary CHARITY TEAM !

The 4. CHARITY TEAM RACE is from :

SO 15/01/2012 at 00.01 h - SA 28/01/2012 at 23.59 h MEZ TIME

SA 14/01/2012 at 23.01 h - SA 28/01/2012 at 22.59 h UTC TIME

To see what that means to your Timezone, look at : http://www.zeitzonen.de/

The Forum of CHARITY TEAM you found here : http://forum.charity.boinc-af.org/

:rolleyes: Sorry I forget, the Forum was of a Server from Team AF , so the Register is in French . This help you for English : http://forum.charity.boinc-af.org/index.php/topic,34.0.html

:D To Join in the CHARITY TEAM : http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/team_display.php?teamid=1296

The Idea behind the CHARITY CONTEST is just to bring BOINC Users as much as possible together, to crunch for a Medical/Biological Projekt as a Temporary Team.

:cool: Greatings to all SEARCHER

Update

:) Hello again Teammembers and Friends from Team techPowerUp ! ,

There has been a question regarding the apps to choose for the Race. Here's Norman's reply to SEARCHER :

English

Hi Joachim,

Well, the most popular WUs are cmsearch S as they can be crunched quite quickly and with few ressources.
Unfortunately, this can result in a shortage on the server.

Therefore, only cmsearch XXL remains but with longer or a veeeery long runtime and a larger request of RAM. What is funny is that, for many reasons, the apps do not have any checkpoint and the main developers did not find it necessary. The apps have been developed for HPC, not for BOINC, where RAM and duration play no role.
Only Linux 32bit is writing checkpoints.
Thus, I'd recommend solid computers, running for a long time and having more than 2 GB of RAM (4 would be better) for the longer WUs.
Also check "keep apps in memory" in the Boincmanager.
For the time [of the race] you should also deactivate the Windows updates or put them on manual reboot.
If you need to shut down your computer(s) overnight, take care to shut it/them down in hibernate modus (write-to-disk).

Well, yes

As we only distribute CMSEARCH S AND XXL at the moment, the choice will not be very difficult to make

kind regards
Norman

This as Information for Projekt : RNA World

:cool: Greatings SEARCHER

Update

:) Hello all Teammates and Friends from Team techPowerUp ! ,

I present you the CHARITY CONTEST LOGO :

I hope to see you, when the 4. CHARITY TEAM RACE starts.

:cool: Many Greatings SEARCHER

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
The first girl I see in that video reminds me of Rebecca Black and it makes me want to punch her face in.

Update

:) Hello all Teammates and Friends from Team techPowerUp,

the Time is running out and in a few hours we start our 4. CHARITY TEAM RACE.

;) I hope you and your equipment are ready when it starts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1D9mCRWwQk

See you soon.

@CrAsHnBuRnXp, No Words.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh, WQHD Computer Monito
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
Thanks a lot for the invite, but for this time we will pass.

Hi

:) Good Morning and Hello Chicken Patty ,

thank you very much for your WELCOME to me. It`s okay for me, you reply a little bit later. I understand your Situation Chicken Patty, but you see I not forget to invite your
Team techPowerUp . When somebody come and Crunch with us I was very happy,
but when nobody can come it`s sad, but what can we do ??
But one is sure Chicken Patty, next Year I invite your Team too and I hope then come many
Crunchers from Team techPowerUp to the 5. CHARITY TEAM RACE and Crunch with us.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh, WQHD Computer Monito
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
Just caught this a little late, but we'll give it a try next year. Thanks. :toast:

THANK YOU and GOOD BYE

:) Good Morning and Hello Folks,

the 4. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2012 by Project RNA World is finished now. So I think it`s Time now to say THANK YOU ALL for this great Event.

:D Thank you for the Administrator`s from Team L`Alliance Francophone and Team SETI.Germany who created this CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2012 .
:D Thank you for all Helping Hand`s who make Statistics, very nice Logos and many many more.
:D Thank you for all Participant`s who Crunch the last 2 Weeks by the 4. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2012 with us.

:rolleyes: But by all Happiness, about over 12 Million Credits, the 8. Place by the Team Statistics by RNA World , all Overtakes from another Teams and many many individual Statistics, I think we not forget the biggest Thing by this 4. CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2012 . In the last 2 Weeks so many Members, from many Teams and many Countrys, Crunch and Fight`s in only ONE TEAM . And we found the last 2 Weeks many new Friends , so I say this was biggest Thing in the last 2. Weeks. And this was THE MESSAGE for the next CHARITY TEAM CONTEST 2013 .

:( And now I was sad to say you : good bye, au revoir, auf wiedersehen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rn7QFb9Y14

:toast: We hope we see you and your Team very soon again aendgraend, modesti, SEARCHER

Seti@home gauntlet 2012

:) Hello to all,

I'm pleased to invite all Members and Friends of the Team techpower up to Participate by the SETI@Home GAUNTLET 2012 of Team SETI.Netherlands.
Team SETI.Netherlands plan a great GAUNTLET about his 12.5 years of existence.

Here the THREAD by the FORUM from SETI.Netherlands : http://forum.seti.nl/showthread.php?16606-Seti-Gauntlet-for-2012
Here the RULES for the GAUNTLET : http://www.seti.nl/content.php?c=gauntlet_2009_faq&language=1

;) I hope I can see many Members and Friends from Team techpower up by this GAUNTLET by SETI.Netherlands.

:cool: With many Greatings SEARCHER

Update

:D Hello to all,

New`s from User XP_Freak, Team SETI.Netherlands :

NOTE :

Every Participant must Register himself.

This must be Verifiable on the Site of the Team.

The exact Start - and Enddates are not know yet.

Update

:) Hi to all,

here a new Information from User Cecile from Team SETI.Netherlands :

Hi Searcher, it will take some time before we can start the gauntlet. The bugs are more persisitent than we hoped. And our big bug-chaser Eesger is very busy with his own company. The crew hopes we can start the gauntlet in April.

Update

:rolleyes: Good Morning and Hello Team tech Power up!

here a new Information from User Eesger vom Team SETI. Netherlands :

Hello all,

First of all we (the S@NL) team are almost ready for the Gauntlet. It's been a hell of a job, and the Gauntlet hasn't even started yet

Everything didn't go at the speed we all would like, but (as usual) the problem is that we also have a(nother) life with (other) responsibilities

Now the statscode and the frontend seem to be ready! Look here : http://www.seti.nl/boinc_team.php?action=showsubteams&gauntlet=1&language=1

The final date will be set when a small test Gauntlet which will start with the update of today and will end on april second goes as we are hoping....

Therefore today you can still join the TEST Gauntlet. Then there will not be made any (team)changes until the TEST Gauntlet has ended (2 April 2012). Then we the team will evaluate if everything is ready and set a date for the REAL Gauntlet if everything went as hoped.

In the mean time other teams and members are offcource welcome!!

And here a new Posting from User XP_Freak vom Team SETI.Netherlands :

The test-Gauntlet is running, and all is looking just fine.

Update

UPDATE

:D Good Morning and Hello Team,

new Information from User XP_Freak from Team SETI.Netherlands :

Oké, all looks fine and all problems have been solved.
So we can set the dates for the Gauntlet.

The Gauntet will be running from april 16 until april 30.

The first credit data will be collected with the first stats-export from Berkeley after april 16 10:00 GMT
The last credit data will be collected with the first stats-export from Berkeley after april 30 10:00 GMT

New teams and members can be added until april 15 18:00 GMT.