• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Announces CM Storm QuickFire Rapid i Keyboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Cooler Master, a leading creator, innovator and manufacturer of desktop components, mobile accessories, and gaming peripherals, today announced the much requested Quick Fire Rapid i, a fully featured and backlit mechanical keyboard. Quick Fire Rapid i builds upon its predecessor's legacy with full keyboard illumination and unique lighting effects.

Information on the new Quick Fire Rapid-i, including features and notification of availability can be found here. This signup page lets you find out about one of the five unique LED backlight modes on the Rapid i called ActivLite. ActivLite means that every individual LED can be controlled separately. The mode as shown on the micro-site shows the backlight illumination upon each key press and fade out softly as your fingers move to the next key.

Powered by a 32-bit ARM processor, Rapid i's ActivLite Technology incorporates five lighting modes with five brightness levels. Besides the five standard LED modes there are also four LED profiles to be programmed and stored directly on the keyboards memory. These means the possibility to program dedicated unique game and application LED profiles. So wherever you go with the Rapid i your LED profiles go with you!

Featuring a smooth and clean aesthetic the Quick Fire Rapid i includes a non-glossy matte soft-touch finish and mechanical Cherry MX Switches. Travel with ease by simply removing the included braided USB cable and storing it. At all times, the Quick Fire Rapid i is a journey-ready partner with its super-slim body tenkeyless (TKL) body.

Price and availability may vary based on region. This release is meant for European region only. Please consult your local Cooler Master Representative for more information.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name OLD TRUSTY PC
Processor Intel i3-530 @3.7Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte H55-USB3M
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
Memory Avexir Core Series 1600Mhz 4GB X 2
Video Card(s) Asus R9270-DC2OC-2GD5
Storage Kingston HyperX 128GB+2TB WD Blue
Display(s) AOC 2236vw
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
Power Supply Acbel 550W 80plus
Software Microsoft 7 Ultimate 64bit
where is my rapid Ni? or is it rapid Si? the one with stealth version of rapid i...

System Name Current Rig
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI x670e Tomahawk wifi
Cooling Artic Freezer II 360
Memory G.Skill 32gb ddr5 6000mhz
Video Card(s) AMD 7900XTX 24 GB
Storage Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB
Display(s) Alienware 3420DW 120 Freesync
Case LianLi Lancool III white non-rgb
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC
Power Supply Corsair Shift 1000W
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Ducky Shine 5
Software Win 11 64bit
Benchmark Scores The second best!
Like the simplicity of this TKL. The arm processor inside seems to be overkill for the lighting effects though.