1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Elite 130

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by pucak, Dec 15, 2013.

1. pucak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys. I built recently quite nice machine into this small PC case, because of mobility.

Side panel looks okay, but i can kinda see on my GTX 780 DirectCUII that almost half of the fans are not part of ,,holed space,, of ventilation.

In that case i tested in Battlefield 4. It runs both, without and with the cover, but the difference in Celsius is HUGE.

With cover im getting 75-78 C´
    Without cover it doesnt go above 67 C´ even under constant full load.

My question is= Is it possible to cut ,,holed space,, part out, and put there a mesh instead to imrove the Airflow?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

2. Ed_1

Thanks Received:
    never messed with that size case but , there is 2 slots for cards.
    Which slot are you using , if you have empty space on very last one you could try adding fan there if it can fit .
    Everything so confined I guess trying to replace the front one with a more CFM one (I go PWM and set up a profile in bios)

Edit: isn't there a vented side by the vid , looks like from pics .
    The problem is your vid uses open cooling and heated air ends up staying in case if case doesn't have good flow .
    Last remove slot cover in back might help some airflow .

3. pucak New Member

Thanks Received:
    Both slots are filled with one GPU :) so no space left...

Removing cover is not safety though, + dust is getting in....

Maby Kit for Cooling CPU+MB all in one would help, with adding some hand made side vent no? :p

But i really want to cut a hole inside the left side and put some mesh in it, but i dont know if any company makes that kind of mesh covers

4. Ed_1

Thanks Received: