• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Introduces the Silencio S400 & S600 Cases

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Cooler Master expands their legacy of silent cases, launching the Silencio S400 & Silencio S600 with advanced technology and minimalistic design. Positioned to challenge the higher-priced market, the Silencio series refines its long-established strengths of silence optimization and thermal efficiency.

The Silencio's minimalistic facade cloaks its complexity. Hidden ventilation and tight-fitting panels suggest its stillness, retaining the series' sensible character. Modularity is approached by performance and utility; the top panel can be devoted to ventilation or for shielding sound, while the front panel features reversible hinges for adaptability. The bezel of the front panel is hardly noticeable, designed as a subtle channel for air and characterized by angular slopes between the door and body. Fine-tuning design elements in form and function result in minimized noise, maximized thermal efficiency, and sophisticated refinement.

Sound Dampening Material
Sound dampening material minimizes noise from the pre-installed fans, the power supply, all steel panels, the steel front door, and all storage mounting points for 2.5" and 3.5" drives.

Tempered Glass or Sound-Dampened Steel
The Silencio is available in two versions: seamless tempered glass to show the system build or sound-dampened steel.

Removable Sound Dampening Cover
The top cover can be removed for increased ventilation or kept in place to reduce noise.

Reversible, Steel Front Door
The sound-dampened, steel front door features a reversible mounting system that is capable of opening in two directions.

Versatile HDD Cage (S400 only)
The HDD cage can be shifted to the front for more PSU clearance, backwards for additional front radiator space, or completely removed if HDD storage is not required.

SD Card Reader
The I/O Panel features an SD Card Reader for rich connectivity.

Headset Jack
The single 4 pole headset jack features both audio and microphone capabilities simultaneously so that separate jacks are not needed.

Silencio Fans
Two Silencio FP 120mm PWM fans are pre-installed with rubber padding to reduce noise. To connect additional fans, one 4pin 1-to-3 splitter is included.

Graphics Card Support Up To 398mm (319mm S400)
Generous clearance space is provided to support the latest graphics cards.

Technology
Behind the Silencio's outer panels are pieces of meticulously-placed sound dampening material, extensively tested using Sorama's Cam64. The Cam64 visualizes noise, vibrations, and resonance patterns through an array of hyper pressure sensitive microphones. In comparison to decibel meters, visualizations of sound offer deeper insights into sound dynamics and its impact with the Silencio's frame and panels. Additional study of peaks in the sound spectrum helps identify the most prominent frequencies within a certain range.

Understanding and targeting the peaks in this spectrum not only showed a decrease in dB(A) value, but also improves how silence is experienced as sound quality. To give an example, identifying peaks within specific frequency ranges made the dispersion of resonance possible-reducing the prominence of noise generated by system components.

Once the data collection process was completed, the frequencies impacting both sound level and sound quality were softened by addressing the Silencio's overall rigidity and fine-tuning the placement of dampening material. The Silencio utilizes a combination of materials with different densities to counter specific frequency ranges. Appropriate material applied to precise locations accomplishes better results than using only one type of material throughout the entire chassis.

Silencio
Whether builds are configured for optimum silence, workspace efficiency, or gaming performance, the Silencio demonstrates a proficiency for adaptability. With the link between silent technology, thermal performance, and cost effectively balanced, the Silencio S400 & Silencio S600 are the accumulation of technologies developed through extensive analysis. Taking on an aesthetic form that matches its sophistication, the Silencio is just as visually adaptive as it is functional, able to embellish any type of setup.

Pricing & Availability
  • The Silencio S400 will be available for €79.99
  • The Silencio S600 will be available for €89.99

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I'm surprised these case companies stay in business, I mean how many cases actually get sold each year? It seriously can't be that many...

System Name Ryzen
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus (Wi-Fi)
Cooling Cryorig H7
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB + 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING OC
Storage WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe SSD + Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Gigabyte G27QC
Case NZXT H510 Flow
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Prime
Power Supply Corsair RM650x Gold 650W
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Cherry MX Blue
Software Windows 11 Pro
I'm surprised these case companies stay in business, I mean how many cases actually get sold each year? It seriously can't be that many...
Because they don't just make and sell cases. Cooler Master fans for instance have been showing up in OEM systems for years now which would be no small revenue stream for them.

Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHZ (2X16GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GTX1080ti Super JetStream 11GB
Storage Trandscend 370s 256GB / WD Caviar Black 2+1TB
Display(s) Acer XB270HU 144hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S White
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X 1000W 80 Plus Gold
It's nice to see some companies still have the love for 5.25" bay.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
It's nice to see some companies still have the love for 5.25" bay.

Yes, I hate the idea of being shut out of options on a PC. That's kind of the whole purpose of even having one... to me anyways.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
Yes, I hate the idea of being shut out of options on a PC. That's kind of the whole purpose of even having one... to me anyways.

I still cannot get, why they don't go for slim laptop style ODD if you need it.

The Antec Sonata still beats this in
the silent PC arena... and its been
around 10 years... wonder why???

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
actually the design is good but, the HDD tray should be removable and using solid tray instead plastic HDD tray

System Name Ryzen
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus (Wi-Fi)
Cooling Cryorig H7
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB + 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING OC
Storage WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe SSD + Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Gigabyte G27QC
Case NZXT H510 Flow
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Prime
Power Supply Corsair RM650x Gold 650W
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Cherry MX Blue
Software Windows 11 Pro
The Antec Sonata still beats this in
the silent PC arena... and its been
around 10 years... wonder why???
I wouldn't go that far. The Sonata was good in it's day - I had the Sonata III. The thing started to rattle like crazy after a while though. I found it didn't have the greatest build quality.

I replaced it with a Fractal Design Define Mini. Padded foam fixed to the insides, amazing layout (actual cable management!), and excellent build quality made me never look back to the old Sonata which seemed noisy by comparison.