• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master MasterMouse MM520

Cooler Master's MM520 mouse uses great materials, a top optical sensor, and features highly customizable RGB lighting. While the shape might not be for everyone, it could be your top weapon of choice for all different kinds of game genres.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Props on the very comprehensive review. Well nice!

To me, this has a very left-handed look to it. I can see this mouse being very comfortable with my thump resting on the right-side finger rest. I wonder if that is what Coolermaster was going for and being very subtle about it?

Props on the very comprehensive review. Well nice!

To me, this has a very left-handed look to it. I can see this mouse being very comfortable with my thump resting on the right-side finger rest. I wonder if that is what Coolermaster was going for and being very subtle about it?
Thank you very much!
Honestly I don't think so, because there are side buttons only on the left side. There's a chance it can be comfortable that way though.

System Name 780i
Processor QX9650
Motherboard EVGA 780i SLI A1
Cooling Dual Loop GPU/CPU EK-Supreme/DD Tieton
Memory Patriot Viper 2x2 8500ELK
Video Card(s) EVGA 280 GTX FTW
Storage WD1500AHFD Raid0
Display(s) 24" DCLCD
Case CM Stacker STC blule Ltd Edition
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi eXgamer
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
Benchmark Scores 15457 3Dvantage http://www.evga.com/community/ModsRigs/comment.asp?sysid=13879
Nice review and kudos to Cooler Master for taking this tac. I have been waiting for anyone to do this. I have two gamer PCs and use Func MS-3 Rev 2 mice on both. Going back to dragging my pinky around on my mouse pad is a non-sequitur. Once you get used to it there is no going back. To date, nothing compares but this comes close for ergonomics but lacks a few button I wish it had. In particular profile switch, sniper and macro buttons without which I'll be sticking with my aging Func MS-3 Rev 2. The only thing that would make even the MS-3 better would be a button for each finger, what do they think we are smart enough to use it? Seem like a natural progression in mouse tech if you ask me. I pray my Func mice stay healthy but if they don't this will remain on my short list.

You could also try going with the Mionix Naos 7000 (if you can still find that somewhere) or a Dream Machines DM2 Comfy, the shape is quite similar.

System Name 780i
Processor QX9650
Motherboard EVGA 780i SLI A1
Cooling Dual Loop GPU/CPU EK-Supreme/DD Tieton
Memory Patriot Viper 2x2 8500ELK
Video Card(s) EVGA 280 GTX FTW
Storage WD1500AHFD Raid0
Display(s) 24" DCLCD
Case CM Stacker STC blule Ltd Edition
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi eXgamer
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
Benchmark Scores 15457 3Dvantage http://www.evga.com/community/ModsRigs/comment.asp?sysid=13879
Thanks, @Vanir I thought the same and bought NAOS 5000 little over a year ago. It was too small for my hand, lacked the sniper, hard press macro button and dedicated profile switch button of the Func MS-3 Rev 2. The 7000 upgrades to optical tracking but otherwise the same as the 5000 and still lacks what I want. I just think if you are going the separate from the norm (this ergonomic design) you have to go all the way and make it compelling enough for gamers to try it. Going less than full featured is a recipe for disaster. Don't expect to win the hearts and minds offering a mid-tier device.