• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master MasterMouse MM530

The Cooler Master MasterMouse MM530 has amazing tracking performance because it uses the best-in-class PixArt PMW3360 sensor. With a price of $50, it is also more affordable than most competitors, even including fantastic software with great RGB customization options.

Show full review

Last edited:
If this mouse would have been out of the box sub 90g, i might think of it as a good option for competitive gaming.

Currently using the Cougar Revenger S, witch sets the standard pretty damn high, but it is a little bit small in my hand.

If this mouse would have been out of the box sub 90g, i might think of it as a good option for competitive gaming.

Currently using the Cougar Revenger S, witch sets the standard pretty damn high, but it is a little bit small in my hand.
I tested the Revenger S as well, and in my honest opinion the MM530 is objectively better in almost every single aspect. Of course the shape and surface preferences remain totally subjective.

Luckily, as you may know, CM is pushing their new stuff pretty hard right now. I will have a chance with the MM530 soon and hopefully it might deliver better experience for me. A good start would be non squishy FW and back buttons on the side, like in the unfortunate case of the Revenger S.

IMO the mold of the Mamba tournament is Nirvana. Moving my hand from any mouse after extended use to the Mamba is like the feeling of taking off your shoes after a long day of work.

A country of Vast Meadows and Picturesque Forests
System Name SUPPRESSOR Mk IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @undervolt
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VII Hero (X470)
Cooling EK CoolStream PE360 @front w/ 3x NB B12-P; Eisblock XPX; Eisbecher D5 250; Eispumpe VPP755;
Memory G.Skill Trident Z LGBT (B-die) 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz CL14 @4133 CL19 (F4-3000C14D-32GTZR)
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT @undervolt w/ EK-Quantum Vector N+; +EK CoolStream PE360 @top
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 x2; +FreeNAS in Node 304 w/ 4x6TB Seagate IronWolf 3.5" HDD
Display(s) NEC PA241W @1200p; Dell U2412M @1200p; Dell U2413 @1200p; LG 65SJ950V @2160p
Case Fractal Define 7 Black /w Dark TG; +2x Be Quiet Shadow Wings 120mm at bottom
Audio Device(s) Yamaha AG06; UR28M; SB X-Fi Elite Pro; Yamaha HS7; Sennheiser HD 650; HyperX Cloud; AKG C214
Power Supply XFX XTS2 1000W (P1-1000-XTS2) (Seasonic PD platform)
Mouse Zowie EC1-A; +Akasa Mouse Pad TXL 1000x500mm
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro (Red Cherry MX)
Software Windows 10 Pro; / AMD Radeon 23.11.1
Looks like Cougar something

Luckily, as you may know, CM is pushing their new stuff pretty hard right now. I will have a chance with the MM530 soon and hopefully it might deliver better experience for me. A good start would be non squishy FW and back buttons on the side, like in the unfortunate case of the Revenger S.

IMO the mold of the Mamba tournament is Nirvana. Moving my hand from any mouse after extended use to the Mamba is like the feeling of taking off your shoes after a long day of work.

I didn't have any firmware related issues during the testing tession with the MM530, but I had some errors popping up while I was testing the Revenger S (mostly when I was starting up the driver program it somehow didn't recognize the mouse/crashed). Huge props to Cougar for listening to the users, I had many suggestions that they implemented later on (I guess I wasn't the only one suggesting these things), but they still need to work on some things. Btw the MM530 has pretty much the same quality (mushy, hard to press) side buttons as the Revenger S, so it won't be an upgrade that way.
As for the Mamba, I did not have the chance to try it yet, but I definitely will, if they care to release a reworked version with a proper optical sensor.

Looks like Cougar something
I guess you think of the Cougar Surpassion, and yes, they are similar, however they are not the same. And CM's design was first with the Alcor/Mizar back then.

System Name Raptor
Processor Core i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z690 Tomahawk WiFi
Cooling ArcticFreezer 420
Memory Corsair VENGEANCE® 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz C36
Video Card(s) Palit GameRock 3080Ti OC
Storage M.2 Addlink S70 Lite , Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 1TB seagate
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG27AQL1A
Case LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) Realtek® ALC4080 Codec + Philips SHP9500
Power Supply Seasonic GX-1000
Mouse G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard ASUS CERBERUS
Software Windows 10
If only they use D2FC-F-K(50m) come-on it must be few cents more if they bought mass numbers ,20M clicks should be retired by now.

If only they use D2FC-F-K(50m) come-on it must be few cents more if they bought mass numbers ,20M clicks should be retired by now.
To be honest they don't make that much of a difference. The quality of these switches is degrading, the QC is blatantly random, and they will die before they should anyways. As for the marketing side, the 50M sounds better for sure so they could even sell more mice that way probably...

Out of curiosity, I just weighed my mouse and it comes in at 137grams. I have no problems gaming with it. Some people prefer a lighter mouse, and some a heavier. Just depends on your preference.

Out of curiosity, I just weighed my mouse and it comes in at 137grams. I have no problems gaming with it. Some people prefer a lighter mouse, and some a heavier. Just depends on your preference.
Generally lighter mice are better, because they strain your wrist less, especially if you are gaming with a low sensitivity. But yes, this is mainly all personal preference.
I've been gaming with heavy mice for a long time, but now I couldn't go back to anything above ~90 g on a long term.

Generally lighter mice are better, because they strain your wrist less, especially if you are gaming with a low sensitivity.
That's a good point. For people like me, who have large hands and strong arms, a lighter mouse can actually cause a problem with gaming, mouse intensive programs use(such as image editing). But for people with hands more in the normal to small range, lighter mice can be beneficial.

This is why I watch reviews for keyboards and mice as I want to keep a variety of choices on hand for my client base to choose from. For this reason I can appreciate the examinations and in-depth effort that has been on offer here as you've been going into great detail and offer lots of info for people to consider.

Last edited: