1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master-Real Power M850W or Silent Pro M1000W

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by cheez, Feb 18, 2010.

1. cheez

cheez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello guys i would like your opinion on something :)

I have a Cooler Master Real Power M850W and it started doing some weird noises that bothers me so much, but there is no problem with my computer.

I talked to the support from the shop i bought it and they said that they will change it for me after they test it and see that there is something wrong.

Thing is that they don't have the current PSU i got anymore and they are willing to change it for one with a same price tag. I see on their web site that Silent Pro M1000W is at the same price that i got the Real Power M850W and i can't really figure out which one is better.
    What you guys think i should do? :confused:

Thanks in advance :) (i hope i post it on the right section)

2. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Welcome. Specs wise that psu looks good and nice on the eye too. I'd take it, but what are your specs? That psu might be overkill tho. You can save a lot of bucks by getting a lower W one, cause I think its $250, is it?

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    its likely just capacitor whine, or maybe the fan going rattly.

Personally i dislike coolermaster PSU's, as their low end models tend to be very poor - i dont know if thats true about their higher wattage models

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. cheez

cheez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the fast reply. I just updated my specs so you can see them :)

About the money part they will just replace the Real Power i got right now with the one they got on stock - which is the Silent Pro M1000 or even the M850, which is cheaper than the one i got - so money it's not the problem. I have bought the Real Power M850 for 150euro and thats the price for the silent pro M1000 as well.

@Mussels, i think the fan is going rattly indeed. Thing is that this sound is really really annoying. Overall the system is quite and this noise is just killing me. Im just afraid that the tech guys there wont hear the sound. >.<

5. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    The model he seems to be getting is maybe one of their best. They have a lot of probs with lower end cheap models like you said, some are troublesome, whistling capacitators, loud fans. Luckily the one i have (was a gift from my gf, so i'm somewhat forced to use it) is doing pretty well, I can't complain, yet and I must say that I've been pretty impressed! ;) If it fails on me, there's still corsair! rofl.

EDIT : You don't really need all this power, you can settle for a ~750W.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  6. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Their Enhance builds are pretty good. ;)
    Both that 850W and future 1kW are Enhance so it's OK.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. cheez

cheez New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Yes they are, get the 1000w if its @ the same price.

9. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    Ah, you want Silent Pro1000/850? Then I'd say nope because those are FSP Epsilon and they're below any Enhance build.

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    For the price I'd get a corsair but maybe he's limited to these psu's. If thats the case, I'd get the slient pro one.

11. cheez

cheez New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep they have the same price (150 Euros).
    So what you do suggest burebista? Tell them to replace my PSU with the same one? I really don't know if thats possible and how many days that will take.

Well im not really limited (but im not sure) to these PSU's. I can have this (zalman) or this (corsair) but tbh i like cooler master more. maybe it's just me. :)