• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance Gaming Mouse

Cooler Master's latest gaming mouse is dubbed the Sentinel Advance. Advanced it is with its 5600 DPI double laser sensor and complex lighting system. Besides high performance, this mouse feature eight buttons and a driver suite that has just about any tweakable aspect known to man.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

Phxprovost

Xtreme Refugee
System Name Result of Boredom
Processor AMD FX-6350
Motherboard ASUS M5A97
Cooling Enzo Tech Extreme-X
Memory 16gb ddr3
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Display(s) Asus 24in (1920X1080) X 2 @144hz
Case NZXT S340
Software WIN7 64bit HP
:wtf: looks pretty....mehh, yet another flashy plastic led ridden mouse in a sea of the same :shadedshu

Sensi Karate

System Name l The '1 pvvn j00 ^oobeh?!? l
Processor l Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz @ 4.2GHZ l
Motherboard l Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1 l
Cooling Corsair H20 Watercooling l 6 Fans l Thermaltake DualOrb VGA Cooler
Memory l Kingston Hyper X 1066MHZ DDR2 6GB l
Video Card(s) MSI R6870 1GB Twin Frozr II
Storage l OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD l 2x1TB WD Caviar Green 7,200RPM Raid 0 l My Book WD 500G External l
Display(s) l BenQ E2200HD 21.5" HD l
Case l HAF 922 l
Audio Device(s) l Realtek ALC889A l Logitech G35 7.1 Surround Sound Headset
Power Supply Corsair 750W HX
Software l Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit l
Benchmark Scores I ownz tehmz n00bez! >:D
I own this mouse and love it! Its easily on par with the good gaming mouse companies like Logitech and Razer and is actually better in a few departements to that of its competitors. I think Federik got a bad deal for the mouse, I got mine for only $80 AUD which is like 45 pounds? Also the LEDs you barely see when your hand is covered over it. I also thought the design was good on the mouse, better then all my previous mouses I've owned and very comfortable. My braided cable isn't stiff and easily reaches my computer which would be around a meter and a bit away from where my mouse is placed, and I have lots of tugging before it tightens. Also I got a full sized CD, not a half sized one?

My personal opinion, one of the best gaming mouses out there and if you get it at the right price like I did, you'll be very happy. ;)

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
It's $50 at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R5ABGY/?tag=tec06d-20

I also have one and I think it's rather quite nice, much better than anything from M$ and very comparable to my old Logitech G5. I guess I'm not enough of a Razer fanboy to dislike anything that's not made by Razer though...

I also agree with Sensi Karate, the cord is way long enough and I have a huge freakin desk and have no problem reaching the back of my system. I too got a normal size CD in the box, but so what? CM Strom has the ISO image as well as a firmware update available on their website and the firmware update will fix the issues mentioned with the sensor.

It's also not plasticky and it's one of the few "LED ridden" mice that you have the option to turn off all the lights on. The value of the OLED display is questionable and the same goes for the weights, as I think it's ideal with the full set of weights fitted. It suits my hands perfectly, although I agree that the thumb buttons are a bit off and it would've been nice to have a slightly better scroll wheel that would tilt.

Sensi Karate

Storage l OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD l 2x1TB WD Caviar Green 7,200RPM Raid 0 l My Book WD 500G External l
Case l HAF 922 l
It's $50 at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002R5ABGY/?tag=tec06d-20

I also have one and I think it's rather quite nice, much better than anything from M$ and very comparable to my old Logitech G5. I guess I'm not enough of a Razer fanboy to dislike anything that's not made by Razer though...

I also agree with Sensi Karate, the cord is way long enough and I have a huge freakin desk and have no problem reaching the back of my system. I too got a normal size CD in the box, but so what? CM Strom has the ISO image as well as a firmware update available on their website and the firmware update will fix the issues mentioned with the sensor.

It's also not plasticky and it's one of the few "LED ridden" mice that you have the option to turn off all the lights on. The value of the OLED display is questionable and the same goes for the weights, as I think it's ideal with the full set of weights fitted. It suits my hands perfectly, although I agree that the thumb buttons are a bit off and it would've been nice to have a slightly better scroll wheel that would tilt.

The scroll wheel does tilt to the right but not to the left, but thats fine in my opinion. Also now that I think about it, theres actually nine, not eight programmable buttons if you include the two on the scroll wheel. Also agree of the whole plasticky thing, its actually quite solid and feels great to hold.

The weights is a gimmick, but all gaming mouses now have somesort of weight system which you can change so I think CM just went with the flow. Only need to really change if your a hardcore gamer who need 4.5g less to the back so you got slower motion looking down etc..

System Name Old Skool
Processor E6750 @ 3.6 ghz
Motherboard GA P35 DS3L
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283v
Memory 4gb Kingston DDR2 @ 900mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GT 512MB
Storage SAMSUNG 320gb
Display(s) VIEWSONIC vx2260wm
Case HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Realtek (on board) + Logitech x540
Power Supply CM 550w
Software W7 Ultimate 64
I was waiting for this review! Man I love this mouse, maybe I'll wait for the price to go down a bit. Imperfections there may be, but when you re using an a4 tech x6 mouse like me, it will surely be a massive improvement!

Icejon

I have two of these Storm Sentinels. I disagree with the review at being "too expensive" because here in the USA the market price is $50-69.99. This is almost $30 less than comparable mice including Razer Mamba and Logitech G9X. The first Sentinel I had to get used to since it is so much more sensitive than what I was coming from. It's not the kind of mouse that you plug it in and dial the sensitivity to 5600 dpi right away. You have to configure each and every setting just right because the sensor (phillips twin Eye) is just that good.

Once properly configured, it is a beast and works like a charm.

Sensi Karate

Case l HAF 922 l
I have two of these Storm Sentinels. I disagree with the review at being "too expensive" because here in the USA the market price is $50-69.99. This is almost $30 less than comparable mice including Razer Mamba and Logitech G9X. The first Sentinel I had to get used to since it is so much more sensitive than what I was coming from. It's not the kind of mouse that you plug it in and dial the sensitivity to 5600 dpi right away. You have to configure each and every setting just right because the sensor (phillips twin Eye) is just that good.

Once properly configured, it is a beast and works like a charm.

I got mine on 1475 dpi x+y but I do bring it up to 2500 mark for a few games.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
It is sexy, hot, lots of buttons, and price is nice. I WANT ONE!

System Name The Monolith
Processor Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.2 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z77M
Memory Mushkin Enhanced Radioactive 8GB DDR3 1600 CL9
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW LE
Storage 2x Intel 330 Series 180GB RAID 0 + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) LG Flatron IPS235B
Case Lian-Li PC-7HX
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD + Audio Technica ATH-A900X
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 750W
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Best mouse ever. Plain and simple.

akkinenijaji

I've used Logitech Mx518,Razer Krait,Razer Death Adder and next i upgraded to this mouse....

To be frank guys,i've been playing counter strike for the past 3 years with all the mouses mentioned above...i'd take em to many lan tournaments and i got sentinel on Jan 25th this year and i Participated in 6 Lan tourney's from the date i got Cm sentinel...

My experience with the mouse in the Lan tourneys with the on board memory settings and the design which suits my hand a lot made me win all the tourney's which i pawned with this mouse...

I give 9/10 to this mouse when compared to G9X(7/10) and mamba(8/10) which compete with this mouse in High DPI profile mouses...