• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze

Recently, Cooler Master released their new GX Gold Series. The two most significant improvements of the new models are the change of the OEM from Seventeam to Enhance and the upgraded efficiency from 80 Plus to 80 Plus Bronze. The test subject of today’s review will be the CM GX650W Bronze, which offers similar specs as the previous model but sports the popular 80Plus Bronze certification.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name _LEGendARY_
Processor i7 4790K@ 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASRock FATAL1TY Z97X Killer
Cooling EK Custom Water Cooling
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1150/1375
Storage Multiple SSDs | WD Red 2TB
Display(s) QNIX QX2710LED 1440p
Case NZXT H440 Red/Black
Audio Device(s) External Dac
Power Supply eVGA 100 P2
Mouse Logitech G9x MW3 Edition
Keyboard Rosewill Apollo Blue Cherry MX
Software Win7 Ultimate 64 bit
I have got the GX 750 Watt

Hi , 6 months ago I made an upgrade to my system throwing in another 5850 video card for a CFX setup ,, had to "upgrade" my PSU to this one .. which turned out to be the worst upgrade ever :(

It is too noisy even at idle ,, under load its unbearable realy :shadedshu

So, I dont recommend it to any multi graphics card setup or even for a High end single GPU setup like the GTX 580.

Thnx for the review

System Name "That computer next to my desk"
Processor Intel Core i5 - 12600K
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI D4
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX PC3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070
Storage Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe 1TB + 2TB Seagate SSHD + 4TB External Seagate HDD
Display(s) BenQ RL2755HM 27"
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Black
Audio Device(s) On board codec
Power Supply Corsair RM650i
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei Raw
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 350
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores The scouter says it's over 9000
Hi , 6 months ago I made an upgrade to my system throwing in another 5850 video card for a CFX setup ,, had to "upgrade" my PSU to this one .. which turned out to be the worst upgrade ever :(

It is too noisy even at idle ,, under load its unbearable realy :shadedshu

So, I dont recommend it to any multi graphics card setup or even for a High end single GPU setup like the GTX 580.

Thnx for the review

There are two versions of this PSU, this is the second one. The first GX series were generally bad, especially the 750W one, the 650W you have is most likely not much better. Since this one is made by a different OEM, it might perform differently in regards to noise.