• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR AF120 ELITE Fan

Well it is to me, got plenty of 25mm fans and a big gain over any of them would be a 38mm ones.
Personally, it'd be neat if Phanteks worked out a good stator vane array and tweak their blade design for their T30s, whether it'd be kept at 30mm, or go full server-standard 38mm. It'd probably be much better than EK's Meltemi at any rate (the T30 already beat it despite only being 30mm vs Meltemi's 38mm), and would be worth comparing to some of the lower RPM Deltas that do have stator vanes that some users still run on watercooling builds.

Could you share those sources if you’re able? Would love to read!
If you were talking about the old testing, they might still be up on Overclock.net, Overclockers.com, Hardforum.com, or Xtremesystems.org, buried deep, both for air cooling and liquid cooling. I used to have links to them as well as to other extreme cooling testing sites that have long since gone defunct and disappeared off the internet, but I lost those in an old PC crash many years ago. I still remember some of their test results though, as their use of shrouds, sealants, and optimal fan-to-radiator distances to eke out every last sub-1 percent of cooling were on another level compared to most modern liquid cooling testing going on nowadays.

Sanyo Denki, Deltas, and Nidecs were (and still are) the primary favorites, just undervolted or run at the minimum RPMs, while still providing cooling performance on par with some mainstream fans. Admittedly though, it's a niche that hasn't been revisited in a long time, because of the amount of space and extra work that would go into properly sealing, shrouding, and sound mitigating a proper liquid cooling setup. Heck, it's already rare enough for most to bother with push-pull configs, to say nothing of adding all the extra mass. Even all the modern, and sometimes gaudy, liquid cooling setups still stick to a single set of fans on the rads.